Suzuki Raider R 150?

KanomPang

Thanks Mickba. BTW nice choices in your D-Tracker (all black I should hope!), and now your Suzuki Raider R150.

Mind you I'm biding my time as I'd prefer FI as opposed to carb....possibly Suzuki Thailand will fine tune the design for us soon.

Cheers thumbsup.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mickba. BTW nice choices in your D-Tracker (all black I should hope!), and now your Suzuki Raider R150.

Mind you I'm biding my time as I'd prefer FI as opposed to carb....possibly Suzuki Thailand will fine tune the design for us soon.

Cheers thumbsup.gif

Sorry, but Kawasakis should be green IMO biggrin.png

Don't hold your breath waiting for FI from Suzuki IMO - their main customers in PI. Indonesia and Malaysia are happy with carburettors...and the modifications they allow.

KanomPang

Can you give me info which Suzuki dealer has them now in Chiang Mai. Will have to make my way over then as well.

Cheers

Sure thing, if you head out of CM on the Chang Puek Road towards Mae Rim Road (107). You will cross the big Superhighway intersection traffic lights, carry on along this road, when you go through the next traffic lights, look for the big Toyota sign on the right hand side. You can turn right into the Toyota garage. Honda motorbike dealership and there's a big electrical superstore as well. Just passed the Toyota dealership is a tiny Suzuki showroom on the right. BINGO!

Sure thing, if you head out of CM on the Chang Puek Road towards Mae Rim Road (107). You will cross the big Superhighway intersection traffic lights, carry on along this road, when you go through the next traffic lights, look for the big Toyota sign on the right hand side. You can turn right into the Toyota garage. Honda motorbike dealership and there's a big electrical superstore as well. Just passed the Toyota dealership is a tiny Suzuki showroom on the right. BINGO!

hi guys... am from Philippines. ....................................

Does that mean you know where to find the rearsets, fender eliminator and racing seat etc?

Am I right in thinking that this bike is made in Thailand and exported there?

hi guys... am from Philippines. 2014 Suzuki Raider also released locally here in PI. priced around 96,000 pesos(65,000 baht )

heres a picture taken from Suzuki plant.. notice different exhaust from Thai variants thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

1475854_655330441155213_1293585603_n.jpg

Awesome. Still prefer decals for the PI Raider bikes (obviously different from the above). Think this maybe a little loud, red or black I think looks a little meaner for this kind of bike...

hi guys... am from Philippines. ....................................

Does that mean you know where to find the rearsets, fender eliminator and racing seat etc?

Am I right in thinking that this bike is made in Thailand and exported there?

hi mickba... funny you asked me that question smile.png

PI already have Suzuki plant. Parts just assembled here but all materials still come from thai(but don't quote me on that)

Most (or not all) parts here come from thai. me and a couple of friends frequently visit BKK to buy parts wholesale and he sells them here in PI. had mine installed just recently. cost around 1,400 baht for single set(front only) or you can have option for a full set(with passenger pegs) for 3000baht

also added 28mm Keihin carburetor, R-CDI and racing exhaust(it's still legal here in PI having loud exhaust) smile.png

here's a bunch of those carburetor being shipped from thai...

1187100_163722390490745_1993104370_n.jpg

Most (or not all) parts here come from thai. me and a couple of friends frequently visit BKK to buy parts wholesale and he sells them here in PI. had mine installed just recently. cost around 1,400 baht for single set(front only) or you can have option for a full set(with passenger pegs) for 3000baht

also added 28mm Keihin carburetor, R-CDI and racing exhaust(it's still legal here in PI having loud exhaust) smile.png

Thanks.

As I just bought it I probably won't rush to invalidate the warranty, but from what you say I should be able to find rearsets here right?

Are yours Racing Boy or Yoshimura?

What about the Fender Eliminator?

That seems to be made in PI as far as I can tell?

Thanks.

As I just bought it I probably won't rush to invalidate the warranty, but from what you say I should be able to find rearsets here right?

Are yours Racing Boy or Yoshimura?

What about the Fender Eliminator?

That seems to be made in PI as far as I can tell?

yup. theres this place in Pathum Thani called Poonsub Market. Loads of bike/car/truck stuff. That's where we shop anyways when we go to Thailand.. just tricky to find stuff for Raider 150. most of the bike shop either have a Honda Nova Dash or Sonic as their demo bike, but never a Raider.. I don't know why. do you know why? Thai ♥ Honda?

Theres alot of brands to choose from here in PI, and too much versions of the same brand too.. Bikers, NUI, Mutaru, Yoshimura, Apido, Racingboy ver 1,2,3, and 4 hahaha and the list goes on.. I went with Option1.

Fender Eliminator.. i've seen them but never really a fan.. imported ones are like acrylic/plastic molded to fit on the bike. local ones use fiberglass and is heavy as sh*t

If you can wait a few months the Raider 125 is going to be reintroduced very soon.

Awesome news, and I'm sure that will lead to the reintroduction of the 150r, that is the best thing I've heard all day.

I was seriously considering moving to the Philippines just so I could have one biggrin.png

I even looked at buying one and importing it back to Thailand but there is something like 213% tax and duties to pay, so that would seem a little excessive to do something like that...

Cheers for that.

Could you buy one in phillipines break it down and bring parts back in luggage in 2 or 3 trips maybe ship frame and eng ? I was thinking about doing this with a honda 50cc monkey bike GORILLA still sold new in thailand a few years ago saw some in pattaya?anyone think this is feasable?

I took my six year old Raider in yesterday for routine service and saw five of the new model there--three red and two blue, 65000 baht each. The new models have a more stylish, sleak looking muffler, electric ignition, and a Mode botton on the dash. I asked about the Mode button and the sales person showed me that, once pressed, it caused a light to come on on the dash whenever the engine exceeded 4000 rpm. Perhaps Mode does something else, there was a language barrier in the demonstation. There were also some cosmetic differences in body style, and there may be some more significant changes I didn't pick up on.

I asked about the Mode button and the sales person showed me that, once pressed, it caused a light to come on on the dash whenever the engine exceeded 4000 rpm. Perhaps Mode does something else, there was a language barrier in the demonstation.

We've had that mode button for a couple of years now in the PI. There's ECO mode, POWER mode and OFF. It basically is just a shift light which tells you when to change gears but does nothing to your fuel consumption or to the power of the CDI. ECO mode lights @ 4k rpm, POWER mode @ 9k rpm, and OFF mode..

hope this helps wai.gifwai2.gif

I asked about the Mode button and the sales person showed me that, once pressed, it caused a light to come on on the dash whenever the engine exceeded 4000 rpm. Perhaps Mode does something else, there was a language barrier in the demonstation.

We've had that mode button for a couple of years now in the PI. There's ECO mode, POWER mode and OFF. It basically is just a shift light which tells you when to change gears but does nothing to your fuel consumption or to the power of the CDI. ECO mode lights @ 4k rpm, POWER mode @ 9k rpm, and OFF mode..

hope this helps Posted ImagePosted Image

Youtube,suzuki belang turbo 1 bar boost-its a 135cc top speed 200kmh.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Apologies, but I'm not sure what all the excitement is about...

Is this all about a scooter with 11% more cubes than the Yamaha equivalent?

You've absolutely got it... it's all about a tiny little ladies bike with an oversized powerplant that turns it into a true nutter's bike... if it was a car it this little beast would be a chipped Renault 5 GT Turbo, they are road rockets. I don't believe there is a Yamaha equivalent (only the Spark 135i) which I had and is only a 4 speed semi automatic, single cam affair, not comparable. The nearest thing you could compare this too, I think, is a Honda CBR 150 (in terms of engine although the CBR rev's higher) but after owning blade's, R6's, Monster S4R I still find myself having a bigger smile after riding one of these than anything else I've ever ridden on a day to day basis. Each to their own I guess ^_^

You've absolutely got it... it's all about a tiny little ladies bike with an oversized powerplant that turns it into a true nutter's bike... if it was a car it this little beast would be a chipped Renault 5 GT Turbo, they are road rockets. I don't believe there is a Yamaha equivalent (only the Spark 135i) which I had and is only a 4 speed semi automatic, single cam affair, not comparable. The nearest thing you could compare this too, I think, is a Honda CBR 150 (in terms of engine although the CBR rev's higher) but after owning blade's, R6's, Monster S4R I still find myself having a bigger smile after riding one of these than anything else I've ever ridden on a day to day basis. Each to their own I guess happy.png

6 gears, revvy engine, (decent handling?), sounds like a fun scooter/bike.

Now, if I can find a place for my dog's feet, I'm in.

SzMkkB6.jpg

Can you give me info which Suzuki dealer has them now in Chiang Mai. Will have to make my way over then as well.

Location here.

hope this helps wai.gifwai2.gif

So the Mode button provides a guide for people who don't know when to shift gears. Maybe that's useful for people using a clutch for the first time and who don't know how to read the tachometer or listen to the engine. I think for most of us it's just a useless gadget.

That does sastify my curiousity though. Thanks for the info.

You've absolutely got it... it's all about a tiny little ladies bike with an oversized powerplant that turns it into a true nutter's bike... if it was a car it this little beast would be a chipped Renault 5 GT Turbo, they are road rockets. I don't believe there is a Yamaha equivalent (only the Spark 135i) which I had and is only a 4 speed semi automatic, single cam affair, not comparable. The nearest thing you could compare this too, I think, is a Honda CBR 150 (in terms of engine although the CBR rev's higher) but after owning blade's, R6's, Monster S4R I still find myself having a bigger smile after riding one of these than anything else I've ever ridden on a day to day basis. Each to their own I guess happy.png

6 gears, revvy engine, (decent handling?), sounds like a fun scooter/bike.

Now, if I can find a place for my dog's feet, I'm in.

SzMkkB6.jpg

Your buddy better stick to automatic bikes, I don't think he'll be able to shift gears.

Visited the Suzuki shop this afternoon to take a look at the R150 in the flesh. They've already sold two units and have another three left (two red, one blue) at 65,900 Bht each inc taxes.

The bike looks slim and compact - seat a tad narrow, feels more like you are sitting on the bike rather than in it. Engine sounds solid for an air-cooled unit, with a bit of a single throb exhaust that makes it sound bigger than 150cc. Front brakes look like they could stop a bike four times the size. Suspension feels plush but firm.

Overall, the R150 has a feel about it like a small sports bike, rather than a scooter. A thumbs-up from me, but a big paws-down from my dog.

I don't believe there is a Yamaha equivalent (only the Spark 135i) which I had and is only a 4 speed semi automatic, single cam affair, not comparable. .................

I had the Spark (good bike) but the Yamaha equivalent to the Raider was (is?) a variant of the Spark/T135 called (in Thailand anyway) the 'X1R', which I also bought (very good bike).

Apart from cosmetics, it had manual clutch/gears, fold back pegs, rear disc and carburettor i.e. it was more or less a Spark in racing trim and much more popular in PI, Indonesia & Malaysia where they were/are commonly raced.

Whilst the Raider is more powerful, you will find the X1R (AKA Sniper) features on YouTube quite a lot.

Man - finally it's arrived. I'd given up hope and had decided on a Lifan 250 (Cruiser)

I'm pretty sure the Raider will be much quicker and faster than the Lifan 250 but for longer rides the 250 would be more comfy. For dependability I'd bet on the Raider. I simply want to have the power to get up and leave the pack behind. The price isn't a big factor.

Any thoughts????

Man - finally it's arrived. I'd given up hope and had decided on a Lifan 250 (Cruiser)

I'm pretty sure the Raider will be much quicker and faster than the Lifan 250 but for longer rides the 250 would be more comfy. For dependability I'd bet on the Raider. I simply want to have the power to get up and leave the pack behind. The price isn't a big factor.

Any thoughts????

wow leave the pack--toooo cool like Peter Fonda in easy rider

Archived