Suzuki Raider R 150?

KanomPang

Man - finally it's arrived. I'd given up hope and had decided on a Lifan 250 (Cruiser)

I'm pretty sure the Raider will be much quicker and faster than the Lifan 250 but for longer rides the 250 would be more comfy. For dependability I'd bet on the Raider. I simply want to have the power to get up and leave the pack behind. The price isn't a big factor.

Any thoughts????

wow leave the pack--toooo cool like Peter Fonda in easy rider

Ahaa - In this case the pack are waves, finos and pick-ups.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I simply want to have the power to get up and leave the pack behind.

wow leave the pack--toooo cool like Peter Fonda in easy rider

Ahaa - In this case the pack are waves, finos and pick-ups.

Problem is, you leave the last pack behind and sooner or later you'll catch up to the next one - never ends.

The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Lily Tomlin

Back home I had a Yamaha Vmax 1200 and a Kawasaki ZZR 1100.

Here I think the best all round bike is a de-restricted 250 DTracker (my other ride).

Having just bought a Raider I can assure you there's nothing "girlie" about it - in Thailand anyway.

Posing around on a Harley would not appeal to me at all, but everything up to everyone.

Why are you even reading a thread about a 150 if that is your choice?

I've had plenty of big bikes (GSX 1100, FJ 1200, Yamaha Tenere, etc), but my current Spark 135 scooter is the most fun I've ever had without scaring myself out of my wits.

There is something about an underpowered bike that challenges the rider to have fun, if only because you get to see more of the scenery at slower/sane speeds, specially on those rough backwater dirt roads.

7eoZiWo.jpg

How much for a new lifan 250cc? I would look around for a deal on a used d-tracker 250 or CBR 250 if as you said money isn't the issue. (Don't know if you were looking to pay once or monthly)

The Lifan 250 (New) is 78,000 baht -

Then I would stretch for http://mocyc.com/market944163/kawazakidtracker250ปี08สภาพสวยรถศูนย์ปี08ทะเบียนแท as a secondhand Kawa is going to fare better than a Lifan.

I'm still having difficulty finding accessories for it in Thailand, no doubt because it hasn't been available for so long and the relatively low numbers out there.

There are plenty in PI and Malaysia of course, due to the shows and the racing scene and the fact that it's recognised as the best underbone available.

It remains to be seen how popular the Raider will be in Thailand this time around, but riding out through Banglamung I saw a non Mityon bike shop with 8 of them lined up, 4 of each colour, so there must be some confidence.

Although I bought one, I think they have pitched the price a bit too high - maybe 10k.
The bike certainly gets plenty of looks around town from those who know what it is, but those who drink Lipo, talk on their phones and pick their spots as they ride around will no doubt stick with their auto' Finos etc. rolleyes.gif

• 2 months later...

The bike certainly gets plenty of looks around town from those who know what it is,

mickba

Think I saw you on your shiney new Red Raider comming out of the soi next to Mimmosa ( opposite Ambassador Hotel )

I was on my old first generation Blue Raider with beer supplies from 7-11 hanging on the left handle bar

we had passed each other before I got to the hooter to attract your attention.

For accessories you'll have to go to Bangkok most places in Pattaya look at you like you're an alien

then sometimes and reluctanly say they will have to order from Bangkok.

This place is good for spare parts phone them because the website is down

ศูนย์บริการ ซูซูกิ นาโน สามแยกพระราม 2 (บางปะแก้ว)

จำหน่ายอะไหล่ รถจักรยานยนต์ ซูซูกิ ทุกรุ่น

อะไหล่ เรดเดอร์ <deleted> 125, <deleted> 150 ลด 29%

อะไหล่ สเตป UY 125 ลด 25%

และอะไหล่ รุ่นอื่น ๆ อีก มากมาย

รับปรึกษา เคลม เรือนไมล์ เรดเดอร์

และ เคลมอะไหล่ที่อยู่ในระยะประกันทุกรุ่น

สนใจ ติดต่อ 02-8742993-4

090-3087742

www.suzukinano.com

Email: [email protected]

Facebook: farida nanomotor

Thai web board lots of info but all in Thai

http://www.raiderclubthailand.com/th/index.php

JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM SUZUKI IN CHIANG MAI... THE RAIDER HAS NOW ARRIVED, I REPEAT THE RAIDER HAS NOW ARRIVED!!!

And now their gone sad.png , well almost..went into Suzuki chiang mai today and the bad news is, only 1 raider left. Was told by sales person that there were no more raiders coming, so he made a phone call and located one in Bangkok, 4 week wait.

Why would anyone buy a Suzuki? There is no resale market on them. There is just no reason to buy one over a Yamaha or a Honda. Buy a Click or a PSX is the bottom line.

but my heart is in street racing, and for that you need something as awesome as a raider, a tuned sonic or a stroker!

Got a friend in N America who owns a speed shop. He is looking to find the smallest turbo he can get.

Can you say 'Fastest PCX' in Thailand ?

Everybody needs a hobby !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Was in the Suzuki shop today, only one Raider and it was clearly marked "Sold". They did have a couple of VanVan's. Interesting bikes, if they'd had the good sense to put a decent size engine on them I'd be seriously interested. Only 125cc, with room for much more. Pity.

• 2 weeks later...

The bike certainly gets plenty of looks around town from those who know what it is,

mickba

Think I saw you on your shiney new Red Raider comming out of the soi next to Mimmosa ( opposite Ambassador Hotel )

Cheers John - could well have been - still very happy with the toy and the D-Tracker is in the shade.

I haven't been able to get anywhere with the links you gave and the website is down now.

I'm off to AC soon and I'd love to get to this place - PartZone

Annoyingly, they won't reply to PMs and also some of the parts are listed as Made in Thailand.

Unfortunately it's at Davao, which is a fair jaunt from AC, plus there's how to get stuff back to Thailand other than in my rucksack.

• 4 weeks later...

Helping a friend pickup the last one right now. It's the light blue one. Threw in a free jacket and helmet. Theft insurance was an extra 1600.

Same deal here.

When you say the "last one" do we know if this was really a limited release?

I asked if they sold well if there might be more coming. They tild me it was a possibility.

BTW they are allowing test drives of their van van, burgman, Gladius, and Vstrom. This is unheard of here. The gladus feels sooo much smaller than mybninja 650 too. If I wasn't moving back to the US I would be getting a Vstrom though. Since I've been here 4 ithers have come to look at it and ride it. Lucky for me they're less than 150k baht seconhand back home 555.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I asked if they sold well if there might be more coming. They tild me it was a possibility.

I stand to be corrected, but I believe they are made in Thailand and have been throughout the period of no sales here since 2006, in which case they could simply release another batch.

I think they are exported from Thailand to the Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia, either complete or for assembly.

Anyone know different.

Had some maintenance on my Raider today at the Suzuki place on Chotana just north of the superhighway. I didn't see any Raiders, they are shifting their emphasis to big bikes. They had a selection of Gladius 650's, V-Strom 650's, GSX-R 1000's and GSX 1300 R Hayabusa's. They also had some small bikes left, but prime floor space was dedicated to the big bikes. The Gladius, 319K baht, was the cheapest of these bikes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I saw 5 brand new 2014 Raiders. 1 (Red) in a shop on Charan Sanit Wong nearly opposite Yanhee in Bangplad/Bang O. 4 more (2 blue, 2 red) in a shop on Tiwanon Rd, Nonthaburi (clearly marked Suzuki) up near the water dept. Just wish it was my budget right now! 2nd hand Sonic for me right now.

Today I saw 5 brand new 2014 Raiders. 1 (Red) in a shop on Charan Sanit Wong nearly opposite Yanhee in Bangplad/Bang O. 4 more (2 blue, 2 red) in a shop on Tiwanon Rd, Nonthaburi (clearly marked Suzuki) up near the water dept. Just wish it was my budget right now! 2nd hand Sonic for me right now.

Realise this is the CM forum but it is also #1 google for "Thailand Raider" so it might help someone.

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I know that technically this belongs in another forum, but since this thread has attracted attention from a lot of Raider enthusiasts I thought I'd try my luck here. The Raider I bought in 2007 needs a new fuel pump, and the Suzuki place is having no luck finding one (I'm not sure how hard they're trying). Does anyone know of a reliable place or website where I can order a new fuel pump and have it mailed to me in Chiang Mai?

Archived