Suzuki Raider R 150?

KanomPang

I think they've released some more product into Thailand, but anyway popularity seems likely to increase.

Suzuki are returning to MotoGP, albeit under the 'Ducati' Regulations and their bike had a wildcard entry at the final round in Spain.

They will also enter a team in the WSBK 600cc Supersports class.

Back on topic, they have announced a one make underbone series based on the '150', AKA the Raider 150R in Thailand :-

"On the heels of Suzuki’s September announcement of its imminent return to the MotoGP, the Japanese marque has also confirmed the introduction of its own Asian series that will run in conjunction with the FIM Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC).

The new series – the Suzuki Asian Challenge – will run on a single-make Suzuki FU150 and will be open to all Asian riders."

post-37414-0-80048900-1416385446_thumb.j

The last round of the above FIM series (covered by Fox Sports) was held at the new Buriram circuit, which will host a round of the WSBK series next year and which hopes to host a round of the F1 series one day.

post-37414-0-24357400-1416386033_thumb.j

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/435936/buri-ram-on-fast-track-for-f1-races

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had some maintenance on my Raider today at the Suzuki place on Chotana just north of the superhighway. I didn't see any Raiders, they are shifting their emphasis to big bikes. They had a selection of Gladius 650's, V-Strom 650's, GSX-R 1000's and GSX 1300 R Hayabusa's. They also had some small bikes left, but prime floor space was dedicated to the big bikes. The Gladius, 319K baht, was the cheapest of these bikes.

I know this is a bit off topic but when I saw "Raider" my mind went to the Yamaha Raider. Then I saw this post and I always wonder why so many buy really small bikes. ???? Is the fact that a dealer is promoting big bikes an indication that there's a market for them?

Yamaha Raider. 1850 CC 113 cubic inches.

post-164212-0-00966700-1416416572_thumb.

Had some maintenance on my Raider today at the Suzuki place on Chotana just north of the superhighway. I didn't see any Raiders, they are shifting their emphasis to big bikes. They had a selection of Gladius 650's, V-Strom 650's, GSX-R 1000's and GSX 1300 R Hayabusa's. They also had some small bikes left, but prime floor space was dedicated to the big bikes. The Gladius, 319K baht, was the cheapest of these bikes.

I know this is a bit off topic but when I saw "Raider" my mind went to the Yamaha Raider. Then I saw this post and I always wonder why so many buy really small bikes. ???? Is the fact that a dealer is promoting big bikes an indication that there's a market for them?

Yamaha Raider. 1850 CC 113 cubic inches.

attachicon.gifraider_scl-1200-01.jpg

That's a very nice looking bike, but to get through city gridlock you need a small, quick, maneuverable bike. Open road is a very different matter.

• 1 year later...

Archived