Aioli

ToddWeston

Made it hundreds of times back home and tried it for lunch today and it was awful, bitter and super strong.

Any hints ? is the garlic so strong I don't have a chance ? I used lemon juice from a squizzy but I often do at home as well. The olive oil seems fine and it's the same brand of mustard I use back home.

I tend to follow this recipe

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Aioli-107026

Todd,

Best way to experiment with stuff is to start with less and add more if it's not working for you.

Switch out your processed lemon juice for fresh lime juice. Plenty of fresh limes available all over Thailand.

Start with one clove of garlic, I find garlic here to be quite strong for such a small bar steward. But then again, everyone is different.

I tell you what, if there ever was a vampire apocalypse, Thailand would - along with the French - probably survive :P

• Like 1

I use:

• 2 small garlic cloves
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (lime will do)
  • Salt

You need to buy the best olive oil you can get your hands on, and use the really good French Dijon mustard-agree with previous poster that you need to experiment with quantities and to gradually add or subtract ingredients until you get it just right. Use the purplish coloured garlic it is pungent without being bitter like the chinese garlic

Thats my secret recipe and hope it works for you too

• Like 2