Feeling my age

kevvy

Hi

I am getting close to 60 years in age . I have noticed I cannot do alot of things as my body does not allow it . Alot of it has to do with the disease MRSA I had which put me in hospital for nearly 6 months including ICU for 3 weeks .Apart from that I find that the aches and pains and joint pain just from old age is getting worst .I like sleeping longer now and still look forward to the day , but just haven't the extra step anymore. I have noticed that my body is slowing down .

Has anyone else feel this way or are you still the same at this age of 60.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/10634.php

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it from me, it only gets worse each year once you reach the big Six-oh. I speak from experience. I dread the big Seven-oh.

Don't worry...the nurses are much friendlier then and they do not run as fastsmile.png

Harry

well that is something to look forward too.

Kev... don't sweat it ... entropy is everywhere.

Presuming you live an 'average life' ... you have 22.5 years to look forward to ... thumbsup.gif

Great , but when you get older 22.5 years seems like 10.5 years ... This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Even though getting older, these are the best years of my life and the better ones are coming . Life is good. Oh isn't that the LG saying ...biggrin.png

• Like 1

Exercise is not an exclusive action for the young, get out and about, push yourself a little, and you will be rewarded

We don't often agree.. but exercise is vital to keep in shape.. physical exercise and mental .. the brain needs to be exercised too.

Ever noticed how those who retire loose their sharpness their mind..... (for those that used it a lot before)

One needs to train body and mind.

• Like 1

I suppose it is just a number but I too contemplate the consequences of turning 60 on my next birthday. People love to point out some freak of nature who has mobility and mental acuity far into his or her nineties but that simply isn’t the norm.

I seem to be stuck in a lonely middle ground between the majority who struggle with their health and those we hold up as the ideal. I do notice recovery takes longer than before and I am less inclined to endure true hardship but I can still keep up with those years younger, for the most part. I choose to measure myself against those who I aspire to be like and not those I fear becoming so I am never satisfied I guess.

Still I see doors closing on dreams once held for great adventures. Health, fitness, time, inclination, responsibilities and money way heavy on what we can do as we get older. I am not yet ready to settle into a rocking chair waiting for my final sunset but I struggle to answer, at what point life is not worth living.

I am not a fan of longevity if one is not able to enjoy it, so I fear living too long and putting my wife through the agonizing pain of dealing with what I continue to encounter with my own parents, both 90 now.

You pose a question which different people deal with in different ways. I suppose it depends on our individual life experiences. I perhaps spend too much time thinking about what to do with the time I have left and measuring my ever shortening stride.

To keep it Chiang Rai related, Chiang Rai is a great place to try and stay healthy and keep that spring in your step as one gets older. smile.png

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

I'm 65 and feel the need to plan the next ten years.

Mainly about places to see that I haven't been to yet, Burma, parts of China, Mongolia, Central Asia....

I need to do it while I can still do some serious walking, then there's no need for tour groups or bus tours, just walk around getting on and off public transport, use the trains, see the people.

• Like 2

I'm 65 and feel the need to plan the next ten years.

Mainly about places to see that I haven't been to yet, Burma, parts of China, Mongolia, Central Asia....

I need to do it while I can still do some serious walking, then there's no need for tour groups or bus tours, just walk around getting on and off public transport, use the trains, see the people.

It is never too early to start working on a bucket list.smile.png

• Like 1

Great , but when you get older 22.5 years seems like 10.5 years ... This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Even though getting older, these are the best years of my life and the better ones are coming . Life is good. Oh isn't that the LG saying ...biggrin.png

I am roughly half your age and when I read that, it made me smile.smile.png , Thanks, kevvy.

• Like 1

I am roughly half your age and when I read that, it made me smile.smile.png , Thanks, kevvy.

thanks Dancealot.. it really makes my day to make someone happy

Making someone smile and brightening their day is one of the most happiest things you can do . It has a ripple effect that touches the whole forum. if you are nice to someone it is likely they will be nice to someone as well.

when you smile at someone or brighten their day you give something good of yourself . You are putting aside your own selfish needs and wants, for a moment to make someone else feel good.

• Like 1

Take it from me, it only gets worse each year once you reach the big Six-oh. I speak from experience. I dread the big Seven-oh.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, I am well past that and go weight training thumbsup.gif .

Nobody is born perfect, in fact I believe we start dying soon after we get to our prime sad.png . What one is born with dictates our longevity coupled with what we did in our dying process. whistling.gif

Regards Dr.Trans...............biggrin.png

• Like 1