Feeling my age

kevvy

Feel better after your reply kevvy

Lol

Charlie do you have a young woman, or did you just dream when i suggested this. As dreaming is a part in old age Posted Image[/quote

Yeah Saeng is a bit younger than me

Will flying in to the rai next month

So may be all of you then

Charlie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel better after your reply kevvy

Lol

Charlie do you have a young woman, or did you just dream when i suggested this. As dreaming is a part in old age thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

Not dreaming....reflecting or in some cases reminiscing...something young whipersnappers cannot seem to dosmile.png

Hi Kevvy

There are people who are 25 years old and others who are 60 years young : a lot depends if you are only looking backward because there is not much to look forward.

Nevertheless depending on our genes and our lifestyle we feel at a certain time that the body is slowing down : I have those feelings since the age of 55 and I am now close to 70

You survived a MRSA infection ...my goodness.... that is already a reason to remain optimistic and look forward (others need to survive a heart attack to realize that life if beautiful)

• Like 1

Hi Kevvy

There are people who are 25 years old and others who are 60 years young : a lot depends if you are only looking backward because there is not much to look forward.

Nevertheless depending on our genes and our lifestyle we feel at a certain time that the body is slowing down : I have those feelings since the age of 55 and I am now close to 70

You survived a MRSA infection ...my goodness.... that is already a reason to remain optimistic and look forward (others need to survive a heart attack to realize that life if beautiful)

I get up every morning and thank life for being alive , life is beautiful . . I love life and really looking forward for the years to come , I have planned to have a great time after I shut down my company early next year. Fishing around the islands of the coast of had samran down south . Will build my dream home there as well.

thanks for the kind words mate

kevvy

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 1

I am now over 70, still sharp in the mind, but the body is rebeling at times.

i will sell my majority stock in my company soon.

Work as an advisor, consultant.

Can not do what I did 20 years back, but I keep trying.

“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.”
- Edward Everett Hale

• Like 2

^^ ... a Classic.

Only 1/2 way though it.

Already Groucho has uttered that immortal line ... 'Up to you' ... facepalm.gif

Also interesting to see a program which was made, I presume, before I was born.

The Kellogg's 'K' is still the same ... an enduring symbol.

As in a little aside ... do you know that ...

In the early part of this century, John Harvey Kellogg gained a reputation both as a nutritionist and a sexual adviser. The foods that Kellogg created (including the now-famous corn flakes) were designed to promote health and decrease interest in sex.

Mr. Kellogg thought sex was the ultimate abomination and remained celibate even in marriage. facepalm.gif Masturbation was the worst sin imaginable to him. He believed it led to leprosy, tuberculosis, heart disease, epilepsy, dimness of vision, insanity, idiocy, and death. He also preached that masturbation led to bashfulness in some people, unnatural boldness in others, a fondness for spicy foods, round shoulders, and acne.

do-kelloggs-corn-flakes-help-control-masturbation

... I digress ... whistling.gif

My Dad is 87 and my Mom 84, and however Dad stopped with it 4-5 years ago, my Mum still does bicycle holidays with the local womans league.

Not sure though if I will even be able to walk at that age.biggrin.png

i am sure you will be still running around at that age jbrain

^^ ... a Classic.

Only 1/2 way though it.

In the early part of this century, John Harvey Kellogg gained a reputation both as a nutritionist and a sexual adviser. The foods that Kellogg created (including the now-famous corn flakes) were designed to promote health and decrease interest in sex.

Mr. Kellogg thought sex was the ultimate abomination and remained celibate even in marriage. facepalm.gif Masturbation was the worst sin imaginable to him. He believed it led to leprosy, tuberculosis, heart disease, epilepsy, dimness of vision, insanity, idiocy, and death. He also preached that masturbation led to bashfulness in some people, unnatural boldness in others, a fondness for spicy foods, round shoulders, and acne.

I found that cornflakes didn't help with masturbation; there were plenty of other nicer breakfast foods that masked the crunch

^^ ... a Classic.

Only 1/2 way though it.

I found that cornflakes didn't help with masturbation; there were plenty of other nicer breakfast foods that masked the crunch

Obviously not that celibate.

http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventors/kellogg.htm

As a father, he feared the pitfalls of unearned wealth. None of his children would ever become rich through inherited money. Explaining his tight rein on the family purse, Kellogg once wrote, "I want that my sons develop into conscientious and truthful men." As his wealth grew, Kellogg gave generously to charitable causes, many involving children. By establishing the Kellogg Foundation, W.K. Kellogg sought to focus his philanthropy. In 1934, W.K. Kellogg donated more than $66 million in Kellogg Company stock and other investments to establish the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.

Kellogg was fiercely competitive, but also quiet, reserved, somber—an introvert. Still, over the years,

Edited by harrry

Take it from me, it only gets worse each year once you reach the big Six-oh. I speak from experience. I dread the big Seven-oh.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who's closer to a reasonably healthy 70 than 60, and into about 7 years of a reasonably comfortable retirement in Thailand, if I were given the choice to continue things as they are or to start over again at maybe 19 or 20, I'd rather stick to things as they are.

Taking into account the events of the past few years in terms of the world economy and the supposed "new normal," as governments failed to govern, let alone to make the bad stuff go away, I think I hit it lucky as far my timing is concerned. The whole package of retirement, pensions, government entitlements, etc look to become a thing of the past along with assured employment opportunities. There are a lot of things we can do to contribute to a longer, healthier, happier life, but for the most part it's a crap shoot. I can easily do the woe-is-me routine at times, but for the most part if you can accept your changing circumstances, focusing on the good stuff and taking the bad stuff as part of the package, life at 70 can be good or at least not as bad as some people want to make it out to be.

We all waste a lot of time wishing that things that are immutable would change and that things that will inevitably change would remain constant. To quote that great philosopher Woody Allen, “My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.” and “If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.”

I think some people expend a lot of energy moaning about their lives and especially things here in Thailand.

post-145917-0-51570100-1381748714_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

^^ ... a Classic.

Only 1/2 way though it.

You would enjoy the film "The Road to Wellville", which is a parody of the life of John Harvey Kellogg and the sanitarium which he ran devoted to healthy living. The film is quite hysterical at times.

With classic lines such as : "My own stools, Sir, are gigantic and have no more odor than a hot biscuit." Priceless.

http://www.fandango.com/theroadtowellville_v134042/plotsummary

I find that at over 60 I am really interested in looking at girls, and talking to girls, more than I ever was at 20.

Maybe it is because at this age I feel that they will not allow me to do with them what I once did with them at 20.

I can still do what I did to them at 20, but for some reason I enjoy, almost as much, just talking to them and looking at them.

I get real pleasure from this, and sometimes I think they enjoy talking to me, too.

Maybe some of you people over the age of 60 know what I am talking about?

I find that at over 60 I am really interested in looking at girls, and talking to girls, more than I ever was at 20.

Maybe it is because at this age I feel that they will not allow me to do with them what I once did with them at 20.

I can still do what I did to them at 20, but for some reason I enjoy, almost as much, just talking to them and looking at them.

I get real pleasure from this, and sometimes I think they enjoy talking to me, too.

Welcome back OCH ... you were missed ... well, be me anyway ... can't speak on behalf of the other good folk.

How's that hip/back/leg ... I forget which was ailing you?

Welcome back OCH ... you were missed ... well, be me anyway ... can't speak on behalf of the other good folk.

How's that hip/back/leg ... I forget which was ailing you?

What doesn't ail you when you reach the 6th decade in this world of ours?

I am just trying hard not to feel too overly nihilistic when I think about the black hole that awaits me when this ordeal is at an end.

But seriously, how can anyone continue to have these thoughts after reaching this fair shore and safe haven, right in the middle of a bunch of countries which are just plain not comfortable to live in.

If you live in Thailand, you are not living in North Korea. So there is nothing to complain about.

But Thailand goes many steps further by providing us everything we need to be happy and sappy as we get to be really old, just a few years from now.

I think I have found heaven on earth here in Chiang Mai.

So, yes, sometimes you can't walk.

But big deal,

You can still study Thai,

Which is worth not walking for a while.

I have one leg shorter than the other now,

Or, maybe I should say two.

But this is a small price to pay for having been compelled to come to Thailand when I thought I did not want to.

Sometimes, life just gives you Manaao.

And, I like Manaao.

I am just a sourpuss who can easily see the sweet side of life in Thailand.

What, me worry? No. I just have two legs shorter than the other now.

As long as you are alive,

Then there is hope.

Or, if you know you are alive,

Then there is hope.

• Like 1

I know exactly what you're talking about me old China, I'm probably more at peace with the opposite sex than at any other time in my life.

The predator in me seems to have gone back into it's cave and the urge to contemplate the possibility of more than company with every woman largely a thing of the past.

Mind you, the more basic needs are still there, just not the desire to look upon every attractive girl as a possible conquest.

Note I said every, not all.... whistling.gif

• Like 1