BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
kevvy

Feeling my age

60 is the new 40.

How I wish sad.png But in my case that is just not true. w00t.gif

Not sure whether I am having a better time now than in my 40s...I think I am though...smile.png

I was relating to health issue/state of body. I would agree that quality of life is better as I have been living here in Thailand for almost 20 years and the warmer climate helps my arthritic joints. I also have a quality life partner, sole mate, and business partner - my long suffering wife thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

60 is the new 40.

How I wish sad.png But in my case that is just not true. w00t.gif

Not sure whether I am having a better time now than in my 40s...I think I am though...smile.png

I was relating to health issue/state of body. I would agree that quality of life is better as I have been living here in Thailand for almost 20 years and the warmer climate helps my arthritic joints. I also have a quality life partner, sole mate, and business partner - my long suffering wife thumbsup.gif

I can relate to that.

• Like 1

60 is the new 40.

Humm wise one ...

What then is the '50' ?

50 is the new ... ??

60 is the new 40.

Humm wise one ...

What then is the '50' ?

50 is the new ... ??

50 is the new nothing....it is neither here nor there.

Or too late.

I backpacked in my early 50s and got a few strange looks from the gap year crowd.

Late 60s will blow them right away.

You wanna bet. I have a good friend who backpacks every year - she is 76.

She is old enough to be my mother but we have often backpacked together.

One of her travelling companions that she picked up was only in his 20's.

He sent her an email saying she was one of the best travelling companions on his whole trip.

Actually through her and another couple of people I have met a huge amount of people over 60 who regularly backpack. More in that age group than my own (who are all home working and paying the bills).

I think that the fair sex get a bit more leeway than a lone older bloke wandering around Asia.

I made plenty of friends in my travels but mainly guys in their 20s, the really young crowd tended to look through me.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek but who knows, if I start traveling that way again I may meet someone whom your friend hasn't already impressed. cool.png

Turned 60 a few months ago and like you ,am dealing with some serious medical issues that showed up earlier in life.

But.....I find my self feeling good and am in pretty good shape these days.

Part of my medical problem prevents me from putting on weight by eating and if I don't eat a lot, I lose weight!

My remedy to this is exercise.

I have made weights to work out with from a bamboo pole and two buckets filled with cement

I work out with the weights a bout 4 times a week.

I actually gain weight by building muscle.

I'm no Charles Atlas, but I'm in good shape and look pretty good for a 60 year old man.

I find that I sleep better too, but not as long. I sleep about 6 hours a night now, at least 8 when I was younger..

Try pushing yourself a bit, it;s not easy to get started, but feels good after a while and actually becomes a little addicting.

I can honestly say I feel and look better at 60 than I did at 40.

Try it.

Choke dee!. .

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Very hard for me me to do any fitness. The MRSA actually ate some of my dics away as well as my right hip and done damage to my left one and left knee. Cannot lift my right arm past my shouler high. Some of my organs were also attacked, heart(30%) and kidneys . Cannot walk for any great distance. But heh life is great and love waking up each day life is good

You have a great attitude. I enjoy reading your posts.[/quote)

Thankyou for kind words. Really looking forward to visit CR at christmas time
As I love to dress up as Santa and give the kids some goodies.There was a girl who posted on here a month ago ,maybe longer who wanted help with a christmas function. I posted her and we are all excited about Santa meeting the kids.I grew up and was taught better to give than reveive.I do believe in Christmas and what it means
Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

This topic is about 'Feeling my age'. Unfortunately one of our members manged to steer this topic onto rain. All those off topic posts removed.

• Like 1