Lodging Availability In High Season

fdtrp

Hello all,

I'm a first timer to Thailand and will be in Krabi for 7-10 days in February. Is it advisable to arrange lodging in advance, or is there plenty lodging available for walk-ins? Additionally, lodging wise, are there any areas to avoid? Of course, thanks in advance for the great assistance on this forum.

Hi, February is a pretty busy time but you should be able to find something even if you have to change rooms a few times. What's your price range? Most hotels and bungalows in Krabi are around the beaches of Ao Nang, Ton Sai and Railey. Ao Nang has up market to middle to budget - it is a lively and vibrant area with lots to do and fantastic views. Ton Sai is all budget accomodation and is home to hundreds of long stay rock climbers. Railey has a couple of very up market places and several budget - gets very busy here in high season.

If there's anything else, let me know.

Seonai

Hi, February is a pretty busy time but you should be able to find something even if you have to change rooms a few times. What's your price range? Most hotels and bungalows in Krabi are around the beaches of Ao Nang, Ton Sai and Railey. Ao Nang has up market to middle to budget - it is a lively and vibrant area with lots to do and fantastic views. Ton Sai is all budget accomodation and is home to hundreds of long stay rock climbers. Railey has a couple of very up market places and several budget - gets very busy here in high season.

Seonai

Seonai

Seonai, thanks for the help. My price range is open; somewhere between low and outrageous. Hontestly, I'm unclear on the possible range in Krabi, but would probably like to stay around $150, and prefer something larger than a hotel room. I'm most interested in being in a place that allows me to sleep well when it's time to sleep, but walk to beach, town, restaurants, etc. Don't need beach view; just near the beach in a reasonably quiet area. Is there a best internet resource you recommend for research? Thank you very much for posting.

FDTRP,

I really like Krabi Resort, it's old but sweet and the buffet breakfasts are great. It's also within walking distance of everything. The other beaches are accessible for about 50 baht until sunset and 100 baht later.

Internet..... not much but try the Krabi Flyer - a little, informative magazine on Krabi. Forget the ulr but just do Goggle and Krabi Flyer.

I am not far from Krabi - one hour by boat - so come to visit when you are here!

Seonai