Large fire at Phuket SuperCheap, reports of explosions

Lite Beer

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have Thai friends living near the gas station and they still don't understand why the ambulances still come and go to the blaze site. Last time they said that was yesterday!

was there at 2pm and there where ambulances..........

I would hope so, would not want to read all comments here on TV if an investigator were to have an accident and a beam fall on him, or if they were to find human remains and there would not be an ambulance waiting.

I don't understand this sympathy for Supercheap. Yes, they are a local firm that has taken on the big boys successfully, but, they employ illegal labour AND had an outrageous death-trap. Instead of no casualties, this event had the potential to have had hundreds of dead.

Well KB I would hazard a guess that every building company and many other companys in Thailand employ illegal

labour on a day to day basis so hardly a revellation there.

It would also appear that, due to the fact that there have, as yet, been no casualties ( possibly some minor injuries )

that Supercheap was not, in fact, the death-trap that you are claiming it was.

I find it quite sad that you seem to be disappointed that "hundreds" have not died to support your death-trap claim

just so that you and other like minded pathetic people can say " See I told you so ".

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I don't understand this sympathy for Supercheap. Yes, they are a local firm that has taken on the big boys successfully, but, they employ illegal labour AND had an outrageous death-trap. Instead of no casualties, this event had the potential to have had hundreds of dead.

Well KB I would hazard a guess that every building company and many other companys in Thailand employ illegal

It would also appear that, due to the fact that there have, as yet, been no casualties ( possibly some minor injuries )

I find it quite sad that you seem to be disappointed that "hundreds" have not died to support your death-trap claim

just so that you and other like minded pathetic people can say " See I told you so ".

I don't think your last comment is fair towards KB, he has not shown anything like that.

• Like 1

I don't think your last comment is fair towards KB, he has not shown anything like that.

I don't think KB's comments were fair towards Supercheap so now we have all voiced our opinion

as we are entitled to do. I don't understand why you find the need to protect KB, I would think he is

more than capable of taking care of himself. coffee1.gif

I don't think KB's comments were fair towards Supercheap so now we have all voiced our opinion

as we are entitled to do. I don't understand why you find the need to protect KB, I would think he is

Nothing to do with protecting KB.

So you think it was ok for them to employ hundreds of illegals and to operate for years and years a fire deathtrap without apparently any concerns about safety of staff and customers?

It really is amazing there seem to have been no deaths, but their luck in this does not mean it was not a death trap.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

So you think it was ok for them to employ hundreds of illegals and to operate for years and years a fire deathtrap without apparently any concerns about safety of staff and customers?

It really is amazing there seem to have been no deaths, but their luck in this does not mean it was not a death trap.

Absolute nonsense Stevenl no where have I said I thought it was OK to employ illegals, I merely pointed out that it is fairly

common practice all over Thailand, and not just hundreds but sometimes thousands.

Why do you insist on calling the place a fire death-trap when there was a huge fire which has almost completely levelled

the place and no one is dead?? I hardly think that is down to luck, so I think it does mean it was not a death-trap.

Absolute nonsense Stevenl no where have I said I thought it was OK to employ illegals, I merely pointed out that it is fairly

common practice all over Thailand, and not just hundreds but sometimes thousands.

Why do you insist on calling the place a fire death-trap when there was a huge fire which has almost completely levelled

the place and no one is dead?? I hardly think that is down to luck, so I think it does mean it was not a death-trap.

KB criticized them for employing illegals and operating from a deathtrap, which you thought was not a fair comment. Just because others employ illegals does not mean it is ok to do so.

And yes, IMO it was a deathtrap and it was down to pure luck there were no deaths. I'd say we have a different view on the place.

KB criticized them for employing illegals and operating from a deathtrap, which you thought was not a fair comment. Just because others employ illegals does not mean it is ok to do so.

And yes, IMO it was a deathtrap and it was down to pure luck there were no deaths. I'd say we have a different view on the place.

For once you are correct we have a different view on the place, no matter how much you may think it Steven

your view is not the only valid opinion on EVERYTHING. laugh.png

• Like 1

A building that isn't a death-trap doesn't turn into a raging inferno..........it also has fire exits and even possibly a sprinkler system and/or hand-held extinguishers.

Phuketjock, your claim that it wasn't a death-trap because there were no injuries is faulty logic.

A building that isn't a death-trap doesn't turn into a raging inferno..........it also has fire exits and even possibly a sprinkler system and/or hand-held extinguishers.

Phuketjock, your claim that it wasn't a death-trap because there were no injuries is faulty logic.

So KB you are saying there was a raging inferno in a fire death-trap and there were no deaths, who's logic is faulty???

The fact that there were no deaths and only (possibly) some minor injuries tells me that logically, notwithstanding your

raging inferno, it definitely was not a death-trap. coffee1.gif

Good grief, anyone who ever shopped there could see it was a disaster waiting to happen. All the customer exits were on one side of the building , no sprinklers, no alarms, ( there were fire extingushers , but they were dark green and had little signage) . Only reason it wasn't a " death trap" that particular evening is the fire (was ?) started late when most shoppers were already out.

How convenient !!

I'm sure it is also impossible wholly trust Thai authorities anyway. Lying is certainly a common the way things are dealt with. If illegal workers expired, does anyone really expect we'd hear about it ?

My god, reports last few days have Thai officials selling humans into slavery- there's really nothing further to be said.

So KB you are saying there was a raging inferno in a fire death-trap and there were no deaths, who's logic is faulty???

The fact that there were no deaths and only (possibly) some minor injuries tells me that logically, notwithstanding your

raging inferno, it definitely was not a death-trap. coffee1.gif