Popping rod

dogpoo

The only mistake I might have made with this tube is that I have no Idea if the rod is going to fit inside, the tube has a diameter of 2 3/4" inside, hope it fits or it will be a re-make with a bigger tube!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by dogpoo

Posted ImageImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1384558645.912022.jpg

Just made this solid rod tube for my new rod which will be here for the 1st December! made from the blue water pipe and end caps, covered in M3 black film! plus a few stickers!

Nice job, mines just boring blue. Looks pretty good in black Posted Image

What is the inner diameter and circumference of your rod tube?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1384558645.912022.jpg

Just made this solid rod tube for my new rod which will be here for the 1st December! made from the blue water pipe and end caps, covered in M3 black film! plus a few stickers!

Nice job, mines just boring blue. Looks pretty good in black smile.png

What is the inner diameter and circumference of your rod tube?

I have a few. I can check after work. I had one I could fit 4 or 5 rods in but it was way to heavy. Now got one that fits exactly 2 and it's pretty light but a tight squeeze.

post-166124-13849309987423_thumb.jpg

This is my new just made bigger rod tube, this is just over 3" internal diameter, the shop where the rod was purchased mailed to tell me what diameter would be needed for the rod to fit in the tube, it's a bit heavy but it's never going to be carried for any great distance so all good.

Looking good.

You'll be dollars ahead if you put an inch or two of foam rubber on each end.

There is nothing very little that will destroy a graphite rod blank quicker than an impact in compression, like when a rod inside a case slams up against either end.

You may not even notice the damage, until the next time you load the rod up. Lots of people figure they broke their rod fighting a fish or casting a big weight, when in reality the damage was done long before the fish was hooked.

I just use those cheap cleaning sponges about 1-2" thick, and use the jagged end of a PVC tube (the end you were going to bin) against the tile floor to cut out a perfectly sized disk from the block of foam. Just like a cookie cutter, but a little more elbow grease.

Edited by impulse

Looking good.

You'll be dollars ahead if you put an inch or two of foam rubber on each end.

There is nothing very little that will destroy a graphite rod blank quicker than an impact in compression, like when a rod inside a case slams up against either end.  

You may not even notice the damage, until the next time you load the rod up.  Lots of people figure they broke their rod fighting a fish or casting a big weight, when in reality the damage was done long before the fish was hooked.

I just use those cheap cleaning sponges about 1-2" thick, and use the jagged end of a PVC tube (the end you were going to bin) against the tile floor to cut out a perfectly sized disk from the block of foam.  Just like a cookie cutter, but a little more elbow grease.

There is latex foam in each end cap, the rod will be well protected.

• 2 weeks later...