New CBR 300 Is Born

KRS1

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At another Thai site they say Honda is still deciding on pricing...either it will remain the same price as the 250 or there will be a price increase of no more than 20,000 baht...but has to be less than the Ninja 300...and will have a difference in pricing between the CBR 500 of atleast 60,000 baht to keep the markets separate.

The thai site also mentions that Yamaha will release the YZYF or FZ 250-300cc

IF the CBR 300 has noticeably more power, im getting one. smile.png...i think they probably used a bigger piston, unless the offset stroke design has been updated also. An increased stroke cant be used while retaining the offset of the 250, unless they redesigned the crank.

ninja 300 killer is here finally. looks superb man! it is good with black rims but forks and box type swingarm looks the same.

i heard is coming long time ago and probably it will be at motor show at impact arena on 28th of november together with cbr650.

i am really curious of the specs.

ninja 300 killer is here finally. looks superb man! it is good with black rims but forks and box type swingarm looks the same.

i heard is coming long time ago and probably it will be at motor show at impact arena on 28th of november together with cbr650.

Looks like the 500 with less power to me. Would have been exciting in 2008.

You seem pretty confident about the 650R, you know something we don't know? Hope you're right :)

got to admit, ive grown fond of the handling of the 250, hope the 300 is an improvement in all things including handling and less vibration. The ninja engines are lots smoother.

anxious to see specs also...i just hope they use a better chain this time. :(

If they have finally sorted out the cam-chain issues and improved the general quality of ALL of the bike it still wont be a patch on the Kawasaki 300 Ninja , which has a much more powerful twin cylinder engine , better brakes and much better adjustable suspension. This is why the Honda cant be more expensive than the current overpriced model. IF this engine is reliable , it will much needed in the sluggish CRF 250 dual sport bike , although it will still need two radiators.

WOW.... Single disk front brake, spindly forks, crappy box-iron swing-arm with bored out single cylinder thumper...

Sorry Mr Honda, but crap bike, shame really, considering the awesome 250/400 bikes that were produced 20 years ago.

Can't really see the point of this bike at all, if you want a crappy small cc bike that pretends its a sportsbike get the 250, if you want more power get a 500 .. if you want a proper sportsbike get a CBR600RR..

WOW.... Single disk front brake, spindly forks, crappy box-iron swing-arm with bored out single cylinder thumper...

Sorry Mr Honda, but crap bike, shame really, considering the awesome 250/400 bikes that were produced 20 years ago.

Can't really see the point of this bike at all, if you want a crappy small cc bike that pretends its a sportsbike get the 250, if you want more power get a 500 .. if you want a proper sportsbike get a CBR600RR..

Why compare a sports bike to a supersport? IMO any bike with 100 BHP is not safe here in Thailand because of the road conditions you really have no place to actually open it up and be able to use the full power. In Bangkok a SS bike would be impractical because of the heat coming from the engine and the humid weather here in Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

If they have finally sorted out the cam-chain issues and improved the general quality of ALL of the bike it still wont be a patch on the Kawasaki 300 Ninja , which has a much more powerful twin cylinder engine , better brakes and much better adjustable suspension. This is why the Honda cant be more expensive than the current overpriced model. IF this engine is reliable , it will much needed in the sluggish CRF 250 dual sport bike , although it will still need two radiators.

Have you ever ridden a 300 Ninja? The brakes are terrible - much worse than either the CBR250 or the CB500 range.

Yes, there have been no advances in the last 20 years that obviate the need for dual discs, oversized forks, etc.

Another thing to consider is that those 250/400 bikes were priced as high as a 600/1000 back then (part of the reason they didn't sell well in the grey market).

As this, the Ninja 250/300 and CB 500 series are aimed at beginners (even though the 210K price of the 500s pushes it out of that category for my thinking) it's not surprising to me that compromises were made to get new riders on the bikes.

Try to find an older beginner bike from the same time frame as the 250/400 models that we're all nostalgic about and compare their build/handling/reliability/safety features/power to weight against the current crop of bikes. Not having ABS, reliable fuel injection, slipper clutch (on the Ninja), working headlights, etc. for beginners sure sounds like a bad idea.

What's the point of honda? CBR150, CBR250, CBR300, CBR500, CBR600, CBR650, CBR1000. Are they boring?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't forget the CBR125.

In all seriousness we don't know if Honda will keep the 250...and other than rumours we don't have information on the 650.

But it is no different than when Kawasaki had the 150, 250 (4 cylinder), 250, 400, 500, 600, 700, 750, 900, 1000, 1100 Ninjas available in 1996. Market segmentation.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What's the point of honda? CBR150, CBR250, CBR300, CBR500, CBR600, CBR650, CBR1000. Are they boring?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The point is to sell as many motorbikes as possible and their strategy works obviously. They just fill a demand.

...i think they probably used a bigger piston, unless the offset stroke design has been updated also. An increased stroke cant be used while retaining the offset of the 250, unless they redesigned the crank.

I noticed that the 300 Ninja has a longer stroke and same bore! Otherwise some clever lads will simply buy 300 pistons and barrels not a new bike! On the plus side if there is a 250 bore up kit then the 300 could be made bigger also!

...i think they probably used a bigger piston, unless the offset stroke design has been updated also. An increased stroke cant be used while retaining the offset of the 250, unless they redesigned the crank.

I noticed that the 300 Ninja has a longer stroke and same bore! Otherwise some clever lads will simply buy 300 pistons and barrels not a new bike! On the plus side if there is a 250 bore up kit then the 300 could be made bigger also!

now if they went with stroke increase, this is going to be a VERY interesting bike, and it would make sense if that motoroids article was correct about 35 Hp / 29 Nm, cant get that much increase with bore up alone - but motoroids is just guessing sad.png

good point about the barrel and piston kits that people will throw together, i know id try to do it wink.png

Looks like the 500 with less power to me. Would have been exciting in 2008.

You seem pretty confident about the 650R, you know something we don't know? Hope you're right smile.png

i mean know some friends at honda and met with the owner of one of the major big bike shop - which i will not be giving the names - and that guy make parts for cbr650 and he saw the bike and know the details.

also bigwing confirmed me as well about the announcement of the bike on 28th of November. so lets see jonny.

got to admit, ive grown fond of the handling of the 250, hope the 300 is an improvement in all things including handling and less vibration. The ninja engines are lots smoother.

anxious to see specs also...i just hope they use a better chain this time. sad.png

i do not think so there will be a better handling on cbr300 as chassis, fork, swingarm, brakes and tire sizes look the same.

but you will get more torque and power for sure.

a powerful sport bike does not mean it is best for many conditions of Thailand. a cbr300 has enough power to do it all for for a budget.

never forget, sometime less is more and i am sure in Thailand riders might get more fun from a cbr300 than a cbr600rr as you can use all power.

and for 120 k thb, what do you expect?

it is good replacement for cbr250.

But, i do not think so cbr300 will be faster than ninja 300 but possibly more torque than ninja 300.

anyway, welcome cbr300!

so then we mail moto gp 250 cc series to cancel their events and do it with a 'proper' cbr600r?

don't get me wrong, i'm all for small cc sports bike but i really don't like the lastest trend of Kawasaki & Honda of dressing up budget bikes as sports bikes.... the Ninja 300 looks like a ZX10 from a distance rolleyes.gif

Would be great if Kawasaki went the extra mile and made a 300cc triple with USD forks, aluminum frame & swingarm....even with a substantial price hike they would fly out of the show-rooms !!

i mean know some friends at honda and met with the owner of one of the major big bike shop - which i will not be giving the names - and that guy make parts for cbr650 and he saw the bike and know the details.

also bigwing confirmed me as well about the announcement of the bike on 28th of November. so lets see jonny.

I had this info independently confirmed by the manager at Honda BW in Udon a few months ago.

don't get me wrong, i'm all for small cc sports bike but i really don't like the lastest trend of Kawasaki & Honda of dressing up budget bikes as sports bikes.... the Ninja 300 looks like a ZX10 from a distance rolleyes.gif

Would be great if Kawasaki went the extra mile and made a 300cc triple with USD forks, aluminum frame & swingarm....even with a substantial price hike they would fly out of the show-rooms !!

a 200.000 baht plus 300 cc bike flying out of the showrooms ? Don't think so. Some hardcore kawa fans might buy it but the mainstream will still go for the honda 500.

a 200.000 baht plus 300 cc bike flying out of the showrooms ? Don't think so. Some hardcore kawa fans might buy it but the mainstream will still go for the honda 500.

Apples and Oranges..... a 300cc triple with proper suspension and frame is no comparison to a 500 twin built on budget parts... even if Kawasaki used the chassis from the 20 year old ZXR400 it would be way better than the crap they are churning out these days...sad.png

Archived