Dvd's

ChiangMaiThai

I had the same problem recently ...

so ... by DK bookcenter there is a new shop, quite a large choice!

enter DK right there on the left :o

only one thing, they ask 3 to 400 baths deposit/DVD, they have an option to be member

that entitle you to rent 2 dvd's each time 1,000 baths/deposit.

renting is 50baths/2 nights

francois

Not bigger, but surely a lot cheaper and no crap about deposits.. (You can get a member card for not that much money; forgot how much)

Anyway this is the place on the Hang Dong road just before you get to Lotus on the left.

VCD's seem more popular than DVD's. While they have loads of DVDs, the new moviews seem to make it as VCD's first. Which I don't mind; cheaper too.

Oh and they have everything in orginial soundtrack, which isn't a given everywhere either.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Oh and they have everything in orginial soundtrack, which isn't a given everywhere either

you mean without thai subtitles?

because before, I used to rent from tsutaya in lotus, and the vcd where ok, but all soundtracks had thai subtitles ... I don't mind so much, but without, like on a dvd, it's nicer :D

francois

anyway, I'll go check this out very soon :o

thamks for the address :D

you mean without thai subtitles?

because before, I used to rent from tsutaya in lotus, and the vcd where ok, but all soundtracks had thai subtitles ... I don't mind so much, but without, like on a dvd, it's nicer :o

Oh, right, no with Sountrack I mean they're not dubbed in Thai. They do have Thai subtitles on the VCD. I went into Tsutaya once but their membership was seriously expensive. I forgot how much, but it was too much to even consider.

Ok it wasn't astronomical, but the thought of paying like 500 baht (?) for the privilege to be their customer I thought is a bit silly given that there are so many other, cheaper shops around where you can be a member for free or for a small fee.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Neo Entertainment Gallery on the top floor of the new Central Airport Junction has a good selection. They also sell & source genuine copies from Europe & the States. Selling prices are equivalent to Amazon, without delivery & tax. I now use them for all my purchases of good disks.

There also used to be a place on Niemenhaimen Road, but I'm not sure if it is still there.

Beware of the shop overlooking DK books car park. Most of their rental disks are copies & I object to paying 50 Baht to rent a disk I could purchase for just over 100 elsewhere. Their selling prices are also rip-offs, 300+ Baht for copies and far more than Neo for the genuine article.

thanks for the tip about neo in airport central :D

I'll go check very soon.

francois

nice place on the hang dong road (before tesco) ... nice :o

it's only 100 baths deposit for dvd, and 40 baths rent.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone in Chiang Mai interested in trading DVDs?

I have about 30 and a friend I trade with about the same number. I have been wanting involve a few more people to get to see a wider range of movies and keep it cheaper for everyone involved.

Interested?

Scott

09-7001805

Anyone in Chiang Mai interested in trading DVDs?

I have about 30 and a friend I trade with about the same number. I have been wanting involve a few more people to get to see a wider range of movies and keep it cheaper for everyone involved.

Interested?

Scott

09-7001805

Scott, I've got perhaps 200 DVD's that I'd be willing to loan out or trade....But, I don't have any modern movies...Mostly old classic movies, and also old Western TV shows (like The Rifleman and Bonanza, for example) and many other TV shows from the 50's-70's...The newest ones I have are the first two years of the Osbournes (reality show on Ozzie) and Law and Order. All from Amazon.com

Anyway, a lot of stuff. I even have 'Chang'...:o

If anyone is interested, you'll need to come to my home to see what I have. I live near Kad Ruamchoke, just off the main road.

Call me at 09-851-4676 to make an appointment

No money involved....