Why Is The Chiang Rai Forum So Dead?

Trebek

I've been back for a week on this forum and nothing much is happening. I know Chiang Rai is a quiet sort of place but have we ran out of things to post about? Limbo is doing his best with his "guess the picture" post, so what about the rest of you? If ya'll are really bored, feel free to rag on me and be sure to point out my grammatical errors, and why would I post such meaningless crap such as this.

Actually I'm sitting here in Texas, in my backyard, recovering from a fun week of teaching public school, enjoying some "Milwaukee's best light beer, and watching the storms come in. Life couldn't be better.

Cheers,

Trebek :o

P.S. Here is one of my neighbors.post-23015-1146270783_thumb.jpg

enjoying some "Milwaukee's best light beer, and watching the storms come in. Life couldn't be better.

Milwaukee's best beer is the stuff they get on road trips to Winnipeg :o

Yeah, I'm stirring things up too. :D

cv

enjoying some "Milwaukee's best light beer, and watching the storms come in. Life couldn't be better.

Milwaukee's best beer is the stuff they get on road trips to Winnipeg :o

Yeah, I'm stirring things up too. :D

cv

Sir you have offended my honor! To discredit the great "Milwaukee's beast" name is an outrage!

You must apologize at once! :D

Doesn't get much lovlier than that I'm sure!

Winnipeg? Is that the American equivilent of Arkansas?

hello trebek

if you want to talk about beer,you are talking my language i was a avid supporter of real ale beer in the uk. then about 2 years ago they imported a beer from china into chaingrai called

L.C.R beer well what a beer no joke its the best beer that i have tasted and i have tasted some beers in my time,any way the thais did not take to the beer mabe they like waking up with there 6-4%beer chang headache they also had a problem at the chaing khong border i believe with the customs anyway they stopped any more shipments from coming. i was lucky to find a outlet that still had about 80 cases left so ive been drinking from this stock since but im afraid the well is nearly dry now so i suppose the info on the A A in chaingrai will come in handy

Sorry for the confusion to your Canadian dumbassedness. I didn't mean to confuse you by comparing Winnipeg to Arkansas. I was asking if "Winnipeg" in Canada, is comparable to "Arkansas" in the states. I guess you didn't get it! Are you stupid???

Please don't write back. You make me sick.

Love,

Trebek

I've been back for a week on this forum and nothing much is happening. I know Chiang Rai is a quiet sort of place but have we ran out of things to post about? Limbo is doing his best with his "guess the picture" post, so what about the rest of you? If ya'll are really bored, feel free to rag on me and be sure to point out my grammatical errors, and why would I post such meaningless crap such as this.

Actually I'm sitting here in Texas, in my backyard, recovering from a fun week of teaching public school, enjoying some "Milwaukee's best light beer, and watching the storms come in. Life couldn't be better.

Cheers,

Trebek :D

P.S. Here is one of my neighbors.post-23015-1146270783_thumb.jpg

Actually, it is much more fun when Limbo gets ragged on by his sparring partner - Homealone - who seems to have disappeared from the forum.

Has anyone tried the Heineken Light?

:o Mymechew

i only tried sigha light,....

just same taste but less alcohol only 3.5%Vol.

About the same alcohol content as Milwaukee's Beast. Is the price as good? Beast goes for $6.00 a 12 pack, in the country of Texas, (and thats how many one has to drink in order to get a buzz).

P.S. Good to see that this thread has changed its course. I didn't mean to imply that the Chiangrai forum was "dead", I should have reworded it to something to the effect of, "why are there so few postings lately"? Its obvious that the Chiangrai forum is a success, and provides much info on the city from an expats point of few.

:o:D:D

I didn't mean to imply that the Chiangrai forum was "dead", I should have reworded it to something to the effect of, "why are there so few postings lately"? Its obvious that the Chiangrai forum is a success, and provides much info on the city from an expats point of few.

This forum is supposed to be a vehicle to exchange information and have some fun at the same time.

And your posting confirms that it works that way.Thanks Trebek!

Stirring up the Chiang Rai Forum is like stirring up rice-porridge (kao tom?):

As soon as you take out the spoon, the porridge comes to a standstill :D

Limbo :o

Big C, I didn't see it elsewhere yet, nowadays sells San Miguel (at least from 11 to 14 and from 17 to closing time). Originally it is an old Spanish beer, since some years part of the Heineken family (thus brewed in Pathum Thani). Low priced at 40 Baht for a big bottle.

They brought two different kinds on the market, the 'normal' one and a LOW CALORIE version.

Both 5 % alcohol (I always thought that the calories were in the alcohol and expected it to be lower for the low calorie version).

Swallowing this San Miguel feels hundred percent better than swallowing most other beers. But that's my personal opinion.

Is LOW CALORIE the same as LIGHT ?

Where anyhow do beer-bellies come from, aside from drinking beer?

PS: I changed the topic title so 'beer' is on-topic now!

Since this thread has gotten so wonderfully off-topic, let me ask:

which is the lighter light:

Corona Light, or

Coors Light?

This is a need to know situation here... :D:D:o:D

Coors light would be my guess. Or its cheaper bastard cousin "Keystone Light".

What about the Thai beers? Do they make any light stuff that is palatable? I prefer dark beer but it shows to much in me midsection. :D

Big C, I didn't see it elsewhere yet, nowadays sells San Miguel (at least from 11 to 14 and from 17 to closing time). Originally it is an old Spanish beer, since some years part of the Heineken family (thus brewed in Pathum Thani). Low priced at 40 Baht for a big bottle.

They brought two different kinds on the market, the 'normal' one and a LOW CALORIE version.

Both 5 % alcohol (I always thought that the calories were in the alcohol and expected it to be lower for the low calorie version).

Swallowing this San Miguel feels hundred percent better than swallowing most other beers. But that's my personal opinion.

Is LOW CALORIE the same as LIGHT ?

Where anyhow do beer-bellies come from, aside from drinking beer?

It looks like my previous question about Thai light beers has already been answered. I'm not as concerned about calories as much as the carbohydrates (Paleo-Adkins Diet). Beer-bellies come from a combination of too much beer, food, and lack of exercise. I'm trying to get my belly to a reasonable size so I can mow the lawn with my shirt off, without the neighbors calling the cops on me!!! :o

didnt San Miguel is philipino beer? and i wonder many said drink beer can make u fat but how come i never get fat (i wish i can be fatter) hahahahaha

Yes, the Chiang Rai Forum was dead for twentyfour hours, completely dead, due to technical problems.

I couldn't have written this if things wouldn't have been back to normal :D

PS: I changed the topic title so 'beer' is on-topic now!

Since you have the power to change topics allow me to sidle off topic a bit -

Where in Chiang Rai can you buy decent red wine and do any of our local establishments offer an interesting wine selection?

:D Mymechew

Couple for the experts....

hel_l Brewery

The Beer from hel_l

ABV 4.9% • Vol 500 ml • bottle • Slovakia • Cheap • Flavour 6.5

Other beers from hel_l Brewery

Other beers from Slovakia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hel_l Brewery exports this to the UK through The Old Brewery in Bradford-on-Avon. The label claims that it is filtered through gold, though this is likely to be a metaphor for the fact that it is made from spring water from the mountainous gold-mining area of Slovakia (hel_l and High Water :-). The beer itself has a chiefly malty aroma with a hint of subdued hops. The palate is initially very bitter and hoppy, but develops into a rich, malty flavour with pronounced, rounded fruit notes (grapes), though still including plenty of hops. This mellows even further into the finish, which is syrupy and slightly sweet. A relatively complex, extremely drinkable pint. Due to its bitterness it would be difficult to drink enough to give yourself a hangover from this - proving that hel_l hath no fury... [OH GIVE UP - ed.]

Brasserie Jeanne d'Arc

Grain d'Orge

ABV 8% • Vol 750 ml • bottle • France • Mid-price • Flavour 7

Other beers from Brasserie Jeanne d'Arc

Other beers from France

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a bright straw-coloured beer with a crisp white, bubbly but thin head. It has a beautifully spicy aroma - cinnamon and coriander - with lemon zest and caramelised malt. On the palate it is a little more rough-edged. There is some light, sweetish malt with a honey tinge, along with thick ice-creamy vanilla that cloys a little to the palate, and again a touch of spice (presumably from the hops - Brewers' Gold and Challenger). It has a warm alcohol kick on the back of the throat, but lacks the vinous quality often associated with bières de garde. There are parallels that could be drawn with a Belgian tripel, although it is less complex than better examples. However, it is a very pleasant interpretation of this northern French style.

Went out for a "RUBY" last night and had a couple of pints of this ...Cobra..never tried it before but not bad.... :D

The Vindaloo place was crap so we ended up in a wee italian place drinking Vina Collapso and eating spag bols..great... :D

Charles Wells

Cobra

ABV 5% • Vol 330 ml • bottle • UK • Mid-price • Flavour 4

Other beers from Charles Wells

Other beers from UK

Brewed by Charles Wells, who also brew Red Stripe and Kirin Beer, this is the number one best selling "Indian" beer in Britain. Brewed using maize and rice, this delivers an impressively bland flavour, suitable, no doubt, for those who have burnt away their taste buds on a scorching vindaloo. Its main claim to fame appears to be that it is less gassy than other cheap lagers - however, it is still a fizzy pop that fills your belly and makes you burp! :o

Nothing really to do with the Chiang Rai forum but then good beer has no boundries...yeah... :D

interesting site for afficiendoes...

http://www.bottledbeer.co.uk/index.html?beerid=1201

Ever been to Chiang Rai? I am now, it's as dead as this topic at 1.27 am.

Gonna do a tour into the hills tomorrow.

I hope the 'roads' didn't rain away last night. Soon it will be difficult to do tours in the hills.

One of my favourites:

The old Chiang Mai road to Khun Korn waterfall.

About 1 kilometer before the waterfall there is a bridge in a sharp curve. Some foodstalls.

There you go to the right, a steep climb.

A big sign and a kind of triumphal arch over the road tell about the fantastic things the industrious Thai civil servants are doing in the mountains. I have never been able to read it and I doubt I ever will, but I would guess the signs are meant to convince us of this.

Would there really be OTOP projects if there wouldn't be OTOP signs?

After about nine kilometers you arrive at a T-crossing. I think it is at a Lahu village.

There you go to the right. And you continue untill you arrive in the area of the Huay Keaw waterfall and the Akha Hill house and subsequently on the road which is leading to the hot spring (Huay Mak Klian, spelling?).

Roughly: 25 kms to the waterfall Khun Korn, 25 kms 'in the rough' and 25 kms back to Den Ha and town. Breathtaking views, mountainvillages, hard work sometimes, great! This is Northern Thailand!

You can do it with a ladybike, but a 4wheel drive will probably do as well.

Be carefull!

Yes Psychedelixs47, indeed, around 1.27 am you might hear the lacklustre sound of birds, flapping their wings under much to heavy blankets.

But that will be it ...

This is Chiang Rai, isn't it?

Hmmm... Huay Mak Liam (near Akha Hill House) is by the Kok River, which the Khun Gon waterfall is about 25 km south from...

to get to Huay Mak Liam and the new swimming-pool like hot-springs for a soak, go out SanKhongLuang Road west from Dan Ha (the road that keeps going out past country Home and RaiMaeFaLuang and Pattaya Noi, past Doi Hang or Hand Doi or whatever it is, near the new (new-ish, now, I guess) prison and on, on - nice ride, really. Some beautiful views.

For Khun Gon, don't go west at Den Ha, but proceed along what might be Rachyotha Road but most likely has some other name already - the Old Road to ChiangMai - to about halfway to the sharp turn where the breeding zoo is. There's a beautiful reservoir off to the right somewhere, past a lot of fruit orchards

Dear Joel,

Limbo wanted to give you a new experience. There is a bikeroad between Khun Khorn waterfall and the Akha Hill House.

I have seen the road on the map but never tried it. I will now after reading Limbos directions!

Thanks for that Limbo!

That pic with the guy knocking his head is really stupid, just like the comment.

Who gives a flying fork about a beer from hel_l?

baby Prat...you might understand when you are old enough to drink the stuff ....

now as I was saying about beer......is my mates old bar still at the top of Jetyod Road...cant miss it...will post an old pict soon.... :o