Visa Run Bored Of The Cambodia Run

happymanme

hi need to do a visa run in next few days but dont really want to spend 2000 baht on the numbing organized run to cambodia.so thinking of coming up to khon kaen then on to nong kai (i think thats what i have to do)

can any one give me ideas of travel times and cost by bus and train to khon kaen and then from kk to nong kai or any better way.also what costs will i incur at the border i have only ever done organised visa runs

i still want to keep the costs down as low as possible.

thanks in advance

allan :o

hi need to do a visa run in next few days but dont really want to spend 2000 baht on the numbing organized run to cambodia.so thinking of coming up to khon kaen then on to nong kai (i think thats what i have to do)

can any one give me ideas of travel times and cost by bus and train to khon kaen and then from kk to nong kai or any better way.also what costs will i incur at the border i have only ever done organised visa runs

i still want to keep the costs down as low as possible.

thanks in advance

allan :o

If you like you can go Surin/CHong Chom. The border is 70 km's from the city.Check the web-site for info http://www.farangconnection.com

It is longer but it will be a real change.

You can go to Satun by bus and take the boat to Langkawi, for a short stay no visa in langkawi, langkawi is a duty free island, a lot of things to see. I recommand Pantai Cenang area for staying.

Real holidays. Bus trip is boring that is the main inconvenient

Edited by Asian Frog

If the Bus journey is too much tiring, you can fly to Hat Yai, then take a bus to Satun. If you have yet some time, work the fare of the flight on Internet (Air Asia, Nok Air...).

From Hat Yai, you can also join Kuala Perlis via SADAO (Village on the Boundary) by taxi/Bus. The main advantage is the frequency of boat per day (Satun last boat is mid afternoon, Kuala Perlis is 7or 8PM. (Careful Malaysia time is Thailand +1)