An invitation to coffee.

villagefarang

Would love to join you VF but...but Sydney, Australia is a little too far from Chiang Rai.

We are getting some of your smoke conditions here as the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney,

have been on fire for the last week. Sitting down in Starbucks, having a coffee and chat would be much more enjoyable.

O well, next year.

• Like 1

Rumor has it that VF is buying biggrin.png

I heard the same rumor but it included the following qualifiers.
1. Did you ever highjack my topics?
2. Were you contemptuous of my photography for no reason other than you don’t like me?
3. Have you directed derogatory comments toward me or my wife?
4. Did you lobby for my removal from this forum?
5. Have you thrown parties to celebrate and perpetuate hatred of VF and/or TV?
Anyone who can answer yes to any or all of these questions shouldn’t expect a free coffee.whistling.gifbiggrin.png
  • Like 1

2. Were you contemptuous of my photography for no reason other than you don’t like me?
Anyone who can answer yes to any or all of these questions shouldn’t expect a free coffee.whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Do you mean that I can get away with all of the above and the only penalty is a cup of coffee? Man, are you in for it. biggrin.png

Today is a good example of why I don't like to make plans. It has been raining all morning and my wife doesn't feel well. Beginning to look like a good day to stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hope she gets better soon...

Have a good rest today and save the trip for later.

• Like 1

I doubt that I was going to be a starter anyway, the rain was probably the clincher.

Plus all the posts I've lost this year through unfair accusations of thread hijacking I probably wouldn't have got a free coffee anyway. laugh.png

I think I owe you a coffee from last time, anyway, so you get a pass.wink.png
Hopefully my wife will feel better tomorrow. School starts this weekend so she needs to get better soon. She is probably just feeling the aftereffects of our trip.

Is that multi choice or do I just have to pick one? And if it is one, then I pick No.! biggrin.png

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

After a heavy rain this morning, the sun came out and my wife started making noises, like she needs to go to town today. I know it is short notice but I will be at Starbuck around 1 pm.

I got Mavericks loaded overnight on my Mac but haven't had time to play around with it much. I always like new software, though, so looking forward to kicking the tires a bit.smile.png

After a heavy rain this morning, the sun came out and my wife started making noises, like she needs to go to town today. I know it is short notice but I will be at Starbuck around 1 pm.

I got Mavericks loaded overnight on my Mac but haven't had time to play around with it much. I always like new software, though, so looking forward to kicking the tires a bit.smile.png

Looks as if I will miss you. Going to the Meridian first then central round 3 I guess. Have a good time. One day you will get a real computer....smile.png

Thanks for stopping by. It was nice to see you guys.wai.gif

An expensive afternoon...I forgot to empty my wifes purse first.......and there was a sale.

I for one, don’t buy the whole miserly Scrooge routine. I think that is just a cover so people don’t find out how generous you are, and take advantage.

• Like 2

An expensive afternoon...I forgot to empty my wifes purse first.......and there was a sale.

I for one, don’t buy the whole miserly Scrooge routine. I think that is just a cover so people don’t find out how generous you are, and take advantage.

No, very short arms, very deep pockets.... laugh.png

No, very short arms, very deep pockets.... laugh.png

Its my leg that is short. Not my arms......many girls can attest to that...but that is in the past of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I had the most engaging conversation, over coffee, I have had for quite some time here in the Rai. It struck me as sad that this is not a more regular occurrence. Different backgrounds, nationalities, gender and sexual orientation but a fascinating discussion in a lovely location.

Just about time for a Christmas coffee.

Not sure that some of the members would want their sexual orientation discussed though.... laugh.png

One time photos on the forum may not be welcome.

Nice thing here ..we have all types of combinations and permutations and the only peoeple it matters to (or should) is them.

Thanks for the reenforcing imagery of the kind of conversation one typically encounters in this neck of the woods. The point was, that despite differences, the conversation was articulate, informed, relevant, wide-ranging and very interesting. There were no brutish, offhanded or dismissive remarks and even sensitive personal matters where handled with candor and respect. I find that kind of conversation hard to come by since moving to the Rai over six years ago from Bangkok.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea!

Being a long time lurker and newbie poster, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of our local "cast of characters" yet and certainly look forward to it.

After we get settled in and say our hello's to family and friends (been away for a few months), I'll check back in here after the New Year.

I can smell the coffee already!

Cheers, xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png

Aft

• Like 1

This is a great idea!

Being a long time lurker and newbie poster, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of our local "cast of characters" yet and certainly look forward to it.

After we get settled in and say our hello's to family and friends (been away for a few months), I'll check back in here after the New Year.

Aft

After all your cheerful posts on this forum, I think you deserve a coffee, on me.smile.png

• Like 1

This is a great idea!

Aft

After all your cheerful posts on this forum, I think you deserve a coffee, on me.smile.png

I'll look forward to it.

"Cheerful".......It's a lifestyle choice!

Thank you smile.png

• Like 1