cheapest shipping from Bangkok to the USA

hearditallbefore

just got back from the post office. Shipping max. 20 kilos or 44 lbs by land and sea is 3210. baht and takes 2 to 4 months. That was to any state/address.

Bring your stuff in a plastic bag and buy a box from them and put the bag in the box to keep it waterproof inside and pack it in front of them to bypass customs. You can buy bin liners at any 7-11.

Or, buy a box, take it home, fill it up to 20k and then re-pack it in front of them. There is a table or counter for this. Perfect for sending clothes.

I would suggest not sending anything of high value or high importance to you by this method. Even though you can insure it, getting paid by insurance companies is another whole subject.

The Thai post office is self insured and as long as you have proper documentation they will pay

That's why I said "I would suggest not sending anything of high value or high importance to you by this method" because the PO insurance will pay a fraction of the actual cost of anything expensive.

Let's try to keep this thread factual with current, first hand info......there are plenty of he said, she said, used to be, maybe etc. threads to go around. The facts mam, only the facts. Hope it helps.

Thanks Anugoon, that's the kind of info. that is beneficial to all. For the small increase in price, that's a LOT faster.

GBK said, 'Not sure if they still do, but DHL used to offer a 25Kg max weight box for around that price. Takes just a few days, with tracking.

HTH"

How much per kg charge of DHL?

The box is a fixed charge for up to 25Kg.

I sent paint to Peru last August 29 by post office (ocean freight service), until now the shipments has not yet received by the recipient.

The Track and Trace stops its information on the 6th of September.

The local tracking stops when the shipment leaves Thailand. You need (in this case) to go to the Peruvian Post Office website and input your Thailand Post tracker number there and all should be revealed.

Sounds like a lot, & is compared to 2010 & prior, but is still cheap compared to shipping from the U.S. to Thailand.

Regarding larger loads, I used Thai Air Cargo to ship my personal belongings from Udon Thani to Fresno, California, in 2011. At the time, this was the cheapest way for me (i.e., I researched China Air Cargo & several private firms). Breakdown:

A. Udon Thani to Bangkok:

30 small boxes (231Kg) + 2 large suitcases (63Kg): 2,078 Baht

B. Bangkok to Fresno:

9 large boxes (231Kg): 48,424 Baht

The Air Cargo staff in Bangkok repacked my smaller boxes into larger ones, saying that it would save me money. Their work & supplies -- I assume -- accounted for 11,695 Baht of the total, meaning that the shipping actually ran 36,729 Baht (amount shown on larger official receipt).

The final destination city did not effect my price. My shipment arrived via San Francisco, but taking delivery in Fresno was the same price. I had to pick up the stuff at the airport, as they offered no home-delivery.

Edited by SeabagsFull

GBK said, 'Not sure if they still do, but DHL used to offer a 25Kg max weight box for around that price. Takes just a few days, with tracking.

HTH"

How much per kg charge of DHL?

I just asked DHL in Chiang Ra for 20 Kg...Its price is double than Thai Post....and they ask so many questions about the content. I used Thai post for small shipping to California. Always door to door and in about 3 weeks.

Can you elaborate on; "pack it in front of them to bypass customs." Whose customs??

Thai customs. They won't re-open it if packed in front of the PO staff. It may still get opened in the destination country. Just saves a little exit time.

Does Thai Customs usually open outgoing packages?

UPS and Fed Ex have special 25kg boxes, they supply the special box , you fill it with whatever , good for heavy items , not so good for light bulky stuff

but price has gone up to 6-7000 baht to the USA but it gets there in a few days ( other countries about the same)

maybe DHL or TNT have the same deal ,

there are a couple shops at weekend market that do these boxes and I am sure other places around BKK

gets to the USA in less than a week , but you may have to pay customs duty.....

$200 for 25 kg sounds pricey and I guess shipping container loads would be cheaper but less flexible. If shipping regularly one would hope discounts might be available.

It is pricey but I think less than the post Office for less than a week delivery time , surface mail can take 6 weeks

problem with sending a pallet / cubic meter is the port costs are a lot , plus you have to go thru customs in the USA or pay a customs broker

I would love to find a cheaper way but have not so far.....