Drunken Russian goes on temple smashing rampage in Phuket, tries to hot-wire truck

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian new rich are stupid people without culture who believe themselves better than everyone ! Russian curse in Thailand !

For your information.............most russians/ukrainians coming here are not rich at all !!

This is a longlived myth.

The new 500 baht entry fee will put a stop to this type of tourist.

Really?

You think that US$17 is going to make the difference between coming to Thailand, or not?

Think you could be kinda wrong.

Tongue in cheek KB.

There seems to be a never-ending queue of them.

i bet Karenbravo is American, ....they just don't get sarcasm !

its always funny to see how the Russian bashing is working well here .... it seems than no Brits , no Aussies never drink or get drunk in Thailand .... LOL I can tell you , have seen so many drunken English in pattaya or phuket having the same kind of attitude . Today is one russian , tomorrow will be someone else .... nothing new in that !

I am sure there is a Russian forum somewhere complaining about the British, German, Scandinavian, Indian, Omani tourists behaving like lager louts.....

Ya ya but an IQ test for 500 baht with no discrimination here's gonna sort all that out............... isn't it?

not really,...in LOS everyone passes , pointless!

its always funny to see how the Russian bashing is working well here .... it seems than no Brits , no Aussies never drink or get drunk in Thailand .... LOL I can tell you , have seen so many drunken English in pattaya or phuket having the same kind of attitude . Today is one russian , tomorrow will be someone else .... nothing new in that !

It's more about "idiot bashing" than bashing a particular nationality. Yeah, there is social scum of all colours polluting Thailand. However, the idiot who makes the biggest <deleted> of himself, smashing statues and the like, will gain the attention of the authorities, be reported in the media and find his ugly face here on Thaivisa for the much earned bashing. If feel you are missing out, go and get drunk, smash a statue, do whatever else, and we'll be here waiting for you.

Edited by TechnikaIII

My guess is that he was so plowed he thought he was fighting a real person. He didn't harm any person, but it was not for want of trying (attempt to steal vehicle).

Maybe he was trying to give instruction in true Buddhism? The Buddha said everything is "impermanent, unsatisfactory and not self". That includes statues of Abbots. The Buddha said not to worship him, or get attached to objects, thoughts, etc. Seems the statue would fit in there somewhere.

Wow, great post Northguy! I born in USSR (84) and can remember that people that days was much more better, parents allow kids to walk everywhere around (while 2 years ago i forced to meet my sister from music school), many even not close the thin doors (while in 90x as usual everyone has 2 doors one made with steel)! Current government with Putin ruin all the best they got from Soviet Union (and there was a lot! believe me) and get every shitty things they can implement from US/EU. Forced nation into deep depression, corruption and low-culture. That's it.

If Soviet Union still existed you would not be in Thailand now. People did not close the doors cause there was nothing to steal. People were poor as the government spent all money on weapons. None of my friends and relatives miss the old times. Even my grandparents claim that their level of life nowadays is much higher than before.

Yes, there are problems in Russia, but with Putin it has become closer to European countries in many aspects. This is what I hear from European tourists that I meet in my town. Last year I met Italians who were thinking of moving to Russia because of the crisis in their country.

I had no idea that Russians go to Thailand because pussy riot is in jail. I go there for climate and food. smile.png

Edited by IlyaPlekhanov

I am Russian living in Phuket and I am f****** ashamed of this story! (((

Don't judge all Russians as crazy drunk <deleted>. We're suffering of such individuals so much too. I do hope that this bastard will get a real term at 'hospitable and smiling' Thai prison instead of crazy large fine...

Err... nope. Crazy large fine. Sorry.

Obviously on a low budget. Couldn't even buy a shirt that fitted. (read fit if you're American)

its probably the same one he had his passport photo taken in. he have noticed a lot of russian men tend to wear the same clothes every day. we ran a bet while on koh chang on how many days they would go with out changing. 1 guy went 6 days straight in the same clothes.

What am I laughing at. Now I know it's possible, I'll probably do it.

First they wanted their "Quality Tourists". Now they got them. Nostrovie! Pretty much common that Russians are doing strange things. Might be the Vodka?

They're not good examples for our son how to behave.

I haven't seen Russians in Thailand, who were just travelers. Most act like they bought this country with an airplane ticket.. -.w00t.gif

Edited by sirchai

Jail him here, fine him and if he is still alive after he gets out of jail, send him home where we hope VLAD will have his old KGB mates charge the clown with Hooliganism, which I understand carries a 7 year term.

He tried to pirate a truck! Thats 30 there!

First they wanted their "Quality Tourists". Now they got them. Nostrovie! Pretty much common that Russians are doing strange things. Might be the Vodka?

They're not good examples for our son how to behave.

I haven't seen Russians in Thailand, who were just travelers. Most act like they bought this country with an airplane ticket.. -.w00t.gif

If you, Sirchai, try to use Russian words in such ironical way you'd better study how "Na zdorovie" sounds correctly and in what situations it's used (never when Russians drink, trust me. And by the way most of Russians drink vodka quite seldom, comparing to other drinks).

As I see a lot of people around live with a lots of foolish stereotypes.

As one participant said above - only idiots (well, i would say small minded people) judge the whole nation by the actions of the drunk bastard.

If you saw only SUCH Russians, then you didn't see a lot of Russians I guess.

• Like 1

Drunk Russian topples statue of Phuket abbot, bungles lorry theft

Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131025183219632_baQzJNEoTcu

I DID WHAT? Oleg Fomenko said he drank a lot of beer Tuesday night and that he didn’t remember any of his antics. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Russian tourist has blamed overindulgence in alcohol for a spree in which he pushed over a statue honoring a temple abbot in Karon late Tuesday night.

Oleg Fomenko, 31, was arrested at 9pm and taken to Karon Police Station for questioning on Thursday night after officers identified him through CCTV footage at Wat Karon (map here).

The video showed a man dressed in black pushing over a statue of Luang Por Kongdet, the resident abbot at Wat Karon, at 12:46am on Wednesday.

On seeing the footage, Mr Fomenko admitted that he was the man captured on screen, but said he could not remember anything about his antics that night.

“He claimed he was drunk and could not control himself, and that he couldn’t remember what he did,” Karon Police Superintendent Weerawat Jantarawichit told the Phuket Gazette.

Police believe Mr Fomenko was also responsible for using a crowbar to smash the window of a six-wheeled truck parked nearby.

“We think he is the same person who attempted to hotwire and steal the truck,” Col Weerawat said.

Officers located Mr Fomenko after scouring the neighborhood for a man matching the description in the video.

“Police questioned people in the area and learned that a man matching the description was believed to be staying in Soi Patak 18,” Col Weerawat said.

Officers moved in and arrested Mr Fomenko after he was spotted.

“Mr Oleg was charged with 'attempted theft at night' and with damaging private property,” Col Weerawat said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Drunk-Russian-topples-statue-of-Phuket-abbot-bungles-lorry-theft-22616.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-10-26

somebody tell him his t shirt shrunk in the wash or his anger was over poor quality clothes that he was sold in the land of smiles, this included shirts that ended up too tight.

24 kt gold plated idiot

Drunk Russian topples statue of Phuket abbot, bungles lorry theft

Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131025183219632_baQzJNEoTcu

I DID WHAT? Oleg Fomenko said he drank a lot of beer Tuesday night and that he didnt remember any of his antics. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A Russian tourist has blamed overindulgence in alcohol for a spree in which he pushed over a statue honoring a temple abbot in Karon late Tuesday night.

Oleg Fomenko, 31, was arrested at 9pm and taken to Karon Police Station for questioning on Thursday night after officers identified him through CCTV footage at Wat Karon (map here).

The video showed a man dressed in black pushing over a statue of Luang Por Kongdet, the resident abbot at Wat Karon, at 12:46am on Wednesday.

On seeing the footage, Mr Fomenko admitted that he was the man captured on screen, but said he could not remember anything about his antics that night.

He claimed he was drunk and could not control himself, and that he couldnt remember what he did, Karon Police Superintendent Weerawat Jantarawichit told the Phuket Gazette.

Police believe Mr Fomenko was also responsible for using a crowbar to smash the window of a six-wheeled truck parked nearby.

We think he is the same person who attempted to hotwire and steal the truck, Col Weerawat said.

Officers located Mr Fomenko after scouring the neighborhood for a man matching the description in the video.

Police questioned people in the area and learned that a man matching the description was believed to be staying in Soi Patak 18, Col Weerawat said.

Officers moved in and arrested Mr Fomenko after he was spotted.

Mr Oleg was charged with 'attempted theft at night' and with damaging private property, Col Weerawat said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Drunk-Russian-topples-statue-of-Phuket-abbot-bungles-lorry-theft-22616.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-10-26

somebody tell him his t shirt shrunk in the wash or his anger was over poor quality clothes that he was sold in the land of smiles, this included shirts that ended up too tight.

24 kt gold plated idiot

I do believe that after vodka then money might come into play.