13 seat minibus/Van in Chiang Rai?

wertu1

Waiting for a friend at Chiangrai Bus Station a Mini Van from Phrae pulled in and -- wait for it-- 25 Thais wormed their way out and also the driver. To this day I dont know where or how they fitted in but they did. It should be no problem to find a Mini Van here to take half that number.

I used a guy from the airport (who gave me his card) the other week - he drove me from Chiang Rai to Phayao for a very good price...

His driving was great and he had a Toyota minivan, which seats 13 I believe (I was the only person in it at the time)...?

I can give him a call and see if he can help out if you like? Let me know when you need it for and for how long and I'll give him a shout - you can then discuss prices with him directly for whatever you want to do.

Cheers,

M

I used a guy from the airport (who gave me his card) the other week - he drove me from Chiang Rai to Phayao for a very good price...

His driving was great and he had a Toyota minivan, which seats 13 I believe (I was the only person in it at the time)...?

I can give him a call and see if he can help out if you like? Let me know when you need it for and for how long and I'll give him a shout - you can then discuss prices with him directly for whatever you want to do.

Cheers,

M

Just curious.I live near Phayao. What was the price?

Cheers,

M

Just curious.I live near Phayao. What was the price?

It is 1200 to the centre of Phayao - I paid 1300, as I live a short way to the other side of Phayao (south)... Like I say, I thought it was a pretty good price for over an hour's worth of driving; especially as he had to make the trip back again at 10:30pm!

Just to clarify I need a van for 13 passengers, that has seat belts as I will be bringing a school group from Australia. I would prefer a company that has insurance.

Thanks, for the replies so far.

The booking was via the airport taxi number - I arrived quite late on a Sunday, so I had called them in advance to make sure someone would a) be there; and B) be willing to drive me down to Phayao....!

The guy was a good driver, the minibus was new and in good condition (it was his own) but I'm not sure about seat-belts in the back to be honest. I threw my bags in the back and sat up front with him!

I would imagine he has insurance (given that he was working via the airport company), but you never know with cars/buses/drivers here...?? You aren't likely to find out the truth unless you actually crash either, sorry to say...