BANGKOK 19 February 2019 08:16
Sign in to follow this  
Lite Beer

Parents, tourists prey on children

'Parents, sex tourists prey on children'
THE SUNDAY NATION

PATTAYA: -- Child prostitution in Pattaya will flourish as long as the number of homeless children - both Thai and foreign - remains high and they continue to be exploited by sex tourists and parents who sell their children into the trade, says Human Help Network Foundation Thailand (HHN) director Kanjanas Memanas.

Despite a drop in the scale of child prostitution and other child abuse following police crackdowns and stricter enforcement of laws against human trafficking, child prostitution rackets now avoid scrutiny by servicing their clients on ships anchored off Pattaya beach or neighbouring provinces.

Rather than working via go-go bars as previously, children coaxed into the sex trade now roam the streets at night or shopping malls in the day and approach prospective clients themselves, Kanjanas said. In some cases poor parents introduce their children to clients.

There are around 25,000 street children, both Thai and migrant, known to the HHN in Thailand, with up to 2,000 of them based in Pattaya. There is also a large but unspecified number of children under parental care but suffering poverty, and thus at risk of being lured into child prostitution.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lJ-soZNYrR.
-- The Nation 2013-10-27

This kind of article makes my blood boil.

O.K i'll have a drink of milk, deep breath and say Pattaya should be sent out to sea and sunk!

It does nothing but besmirch the great ancient nation of Siam and it's peoples at home or abroad to have the Achilles heal that is Pattaya associated with this great country.

wai.gif

I would like to ask all residents of Pattaya if anyone has heard about this,because i certainly havent in 10 years of living here.

Ships anchored ate sea???

child prostitution in go-go bars????

<deleted> is all this about, dreamland or reality ????

Personally haven't either, but suspect if not look,........not see. While denial of it like everything else, is more than half the problem.

• Like 2

This kind of article makes my blood boil.

O.K i'll have a drink of milk, deep breath and say Pattaya should be sent out to sea and sunk!

It does nothing but besmirch the great ancient nation of Siam and it's peoples at home or abroad to have the Achilles heal that is Pattaya associated with this great country.

wai.gif

If they got rid of Pattaya, another one would emerge in Thailand - somewhere, somehow.

Edited by Card
  • Like 2

everybody with eyes and a brain *knows* it's widely available in pattaya (and SE-asia in general). the "new" thing involves poor folks having their kids do all kinds of sicko stuff on demand in front of a webcam in return for money (paid by western union, paypal, bitcoins and the likes). u don't wanna know what is going on in myanmar for example.

• Like 2