Pattaya fishing trips/clubs/rod rentals

leeroy221

Hi all,

I will be in Jomtien from 14 - 28th November and would like to get a couple boat fishing trips in, does anyone fancy it? Or can anyone recommend anyone?

Also, are there any fiahing clubs i could get hold of to go out with?

Lastly, would like a few days shore fishing with my son (too young for a boat all day), are there any places i can rent a rod and tackle to for a day?

Thanks, Lee

Funnily enough I was in Jomtien last week, and my 10 year old son wanted to do some fishing.

We went to the easiest and most comvenient place - Jomtien Fishing Park, just off second road Jomtien.

It was a nice size lake, with rods ready to load, and a man on hand ready to help you bait up your rod and even take the hook out of the fish if you're feeling squeamish.

As far as I could see the fish were all Mekong carp.. Big impressive fish.

Over two hours we caught about 8 and another 6 got away, so it got almost boring in it's regularity! But my son was well pleased, and wants to go back.

If you Google it you'll find plenty of reference, and some Youtube vids.

Can't remember cost, but something like 300 baht per rod, plus bait which comes in a bucket. Food and drink are available, and you have your own picnic table and sitting area.

All 6 of the fish that got away took the hooks with them, so we ended up paying extra for those of course.

There's several fishing parks around, some with real fancy fish like one park called Amazon, but I understand they charge something like 5000 baht per rod per day? Check on this before you go as I don't know this to be fact.

I also recommend Pattaya Fishing Park but the large fish there are catfish, sawai and buk, not carp. The prices mentioned sound right. It's always a lot of fun. I've heard of fish to 80kg, my biggest was 35kg.

It's on Suhkumvit in Na Jomtien across from a big wat. Small sign, easy to miss. PM if you want more details and pictures of big catfish. I gave up on saltwater in that area many years ago, just not very good fishing. There's a fishing store near the Bali Hai Pier, run by an English gent I think. He can help you with saltwater arrangements.

Good luck.

If you are looking for sea fishing the Pattaya Sports Club organises trips out.

Tourist fishing boats go out from Sattahip and Bang Saray.

A lot from Bali Hai Pier in Pattaya but many are just taking you out for a day trip including fishing swimming and an island beach.

If they don't supply live squid bait the likelihood of game-size fish is small.

I also recommend Pattaya Fishing Park but the large fish there are catfish, sawai and buk, not carp. The prices mentioned sound right. It's always a lot of fun. I've heard of fish to 80kg, my biggest was 35kg.

It's on Suhkumvit in Na Jomtien across from a big wat. Small sign, easy to miss. PM if you want more details and pictures of big catfish. I gave up on saltwater in that area many years ago, just not very good fishing. There's a fishing store near the Bali Hai Pier, run by an English gent I think. He can help you with saltwater arrangements.

Good luck.

It seems that Pattaya Fishing Park is non-existent since July 2013. Check out this blog -

http://www.pattayaunlimited.com/2009/09/pattaya-fishing-park-thailand.html

Thanks for all your replies, appreciated.

Saltwater if my pref option but im open to the lakes for a first time laker.

Jacko45k, where are the Pattaya sports club based to?

Only looking for fishing trip no islands etc.

Would be nice to meet up with a few people for a day two's fishing

Try Pattaya fishing tours , my mates been with them a few times and always had great fishing , they organize both sea and fresh water fishing trips .

I don't know how to paste address but if you go on Facebook and type in the name you will get the details and pics of catches etc , good luck

If you are looking for sea fishing the Pattaya Sports Club organises trips out.

Tourist fishing boats go out from Sattahip and Bang Saray.

A lot from Bali Hai Pier in Pattaya but many are just taking you out for a day trip including fishing swimming and an island beach.

If they don't supply live squid bait the likelihood of game-size fish is small.

What would you except to pay for these day trips?

Good luck.

It seems that Pattaya Fishing Park is non-existent since July 2013. Check out this blog -

That is truly bad news, it was one of my go to spots on every trip to Pattaya.

post-148604-0-39995800-1383233392_thumb.

Good luck.

That is truly bad news, it was one of my go to spots on every trip to Pattaya.

Not to worry, there are quite a few fishing parks in Pattaya. Just google and you'll get the relevant info.