sor kor 1 upgrade

Hi all

we submitted land to upgrade from sor kor 1 to chanote at the time when they were upgrading this title without having to go through the courts....around 18 months agao, maybe more.

We still havent had the upgrade , however the land office have been out to survey the land and put chanote markers in...

The pu yai baan isn't being particularly helpful...( always busy on other things).

What would you recommend our next move is... obviously i don't want to walk into the land office and ask about whats going on...

Does anyone have a contact for land office in BKK as i may contact them to find out what is going on.

The land is in Krabi and the local land dept are pretty keen on a bit of token play money....so i hear

Im thinking a call from BKK might help things a little.

Thanks

I suggest you sell this land ASAP to the first sucker you meet dumb enough to buy it, sorry for you, you were ripped off.

Read this,

http://www.samuiforsale.com/knowledge/thailand-land-title-deeds.html

How the heck did your mrs even allow you to buy this land, never mind in such a "cowboy" area as Krabi?

The pu yai baan isn't being particularly helpful...( always busy on other things)

Its got FA to do with with him, its the law of the land, chanote my ass, there are suckers that bought land elsewhere in Thailand thinking they were getting a bargain, the mythical chanote never appears.

Why didnt you get the sellers to upgrade to chanote land before you bought, then you buy chanote land from them.

Sorry to be so negative, you have been stitched up like a kipper.

• Like 1

I understand your reluctance but my recommendation would be to visit the local land office. A call from an influential person in a BKK land office might help but are you likely to speak to someone like that?

May I ask if its being upgraded to Nor Sor 3 or Nor Sor 4?

From the OP

we submitted land to upgrade from sor kor 1 to chanote

Sor Kor 1 land can not be upgraded to Chanote, and the deadline for upgrading to Nor Sor 3 without going through the courts was not 18 months ago like you say, but 32 months ago according to this article

http://www.samuiforsale.com/real-estate/land-upgrade-sor-kor.html

And calling other members names is not gonna help you getting any reasonable advise.

• Like 1

Sor Kor 1 land can not be upgraded to Chanote,

'Depending on the land’s location, this document may be upgraded to a title deed Nor. Sor. 3, Nor. Sor. 3 Gor or Nor. Sor. 4 Jor (Chanote).'

From same website as everyone is linking.

I would have assumed Nor Sor 3, then progressive upgrading (very slowly) from there.

Edited by colinp

Just north of BKK on the HW #305, there were a load of people held this type of land deal.

After the floods of 2 years ago, all the houses have dissappeared, all illegally built on gov't land, all bought and sold on the back of a fag packet with the puu yai baan, never registered with the local land office, due to flood prevention, the gov't reclaimed all this land.

BM Crossy knows exactly where I am talking about, he lives there.

I dont know what 8th Feb deadline the OP refers to, please provide a link.

link to the 8th feb upgrade

www.samuiforsale.com/real-estate/land-upgrade-sor-kor.html

A Sor Kor 1 document shows its holder occupies land in a particular location. Holders of this document have the right to ask for the issuance of a land deed. However, individuals can ask a court to approve an upgrade but this will only be done on a case-by-case basis.

No mention anywhere of Chanote, please provide a link in Thai or English of anyone being upgraded from KS1 to chanote anywhere in Thailand, in lets say the last 10 years.

^^^^,

he is not talking about NS3, he is talking about SK1.

Still I am glad to hear the OP didnt spend any money on buying this land, leave it to the locals.

I understand what he's talking about but it appears you have some knowledge and i'm asking about NS3.

it appears on the link ( www.samuiforsale.com/real-estate/land-upgrade-sor-kor.html ) sk1 submitted before the deadline may be upgraded to nor sor 3...

I was wrong in thinking that it could be upgraded to chanote. It looks like they will upgrade to nor sor 3.

^^^^,

Still I am glad to hear the OP didnt spend any money on buying this land, leave it to the locals.

I understand what he's talking about but it appears you have some knowledge and i'm asking about NS3.

There is a difference between SK1 and NS3, the OP is talking about SK1.

Best of luck to the OP, the only way to resolve this is to go to the local land registry office.

That in mind, its not his problem, its his better halfs problem.

Puu yai baan , my ass, it has no authority in Thailand, thats why they darent go near a local OBT or khet to legalize these deals, for the simple reason they are illegal, HTF can I sell something that doesnt belong to me?

it appears on the link ( www.samuiforsale.com/real-estate/land-upgrade-sor-kor.html ) sk1 submitted before the deadline may be upgraded to nor sor 3...

I was wrong in thinking that it could be upgraded to chanote. It looks like they will upgrade to nor sor 3.

Also take note that there are 3 different kinds of Nor Sor 3, which not all three have the same legal status.

^^^^,

Best of luck to the OP, the only way to resolve this is to go to the local land registry office.

Puu yai baan , my ass, it has no authority in Thailand, thats why they darent go near a local OBT or khet to legalize these deals, for the simple reason they are illegal, HTF can I sell something that doesnt belong to me?

You do need the puu yai, he has to sign off on something, not sure what.

We did it, cost a bottle of whiskey and a couple of years waiting time but chanote came through, for ns3 to chanote though, not sk1, just saying the puu yai is required to do or sign something for it to go through.

^^^^,

We did it, cost a bottle of whiskey and a couple of years waiting time but chanote came through, for ns3 to chanote though, not sk1, just saying the puu yai is required to do or sign something for it to go through.

Thanks for the info about Puu Yai Baan, the time you waited and the bottle of whiskey you mention is about the same as what i expect.

^^^^,

The Puu Yai signs as a witness that the land belongs to you,because he's the village head, that's all.