Cyprus Tourist Visa for Thai

Hi,

My brother is getting married in Cyprus next August and my wife and I hope to attend - she already has a 5 year family visit Visa for the UK (recently attained) has an extensive travel history and has been employed full time by the same employer for 5 years.

Has any one ever been through the process? Does having a British visitor visa help?

The checklist is below, does anyone know what a tax declaration is? Can I sponsor her and be a guarantor?

- bank statement of the last 3 months

- tax declaration forms of the last 3 years

- provisional travel itinerary / air ticket booking clearly indicating the dates of arrival and departure from Cyprus

- hotel reservation

- 2 passport photos signed and dated at the back

- 20 euros fee for the processing of the visa application

- a letter explaining the purpose for the visit to Cyprus

I have tried call the consulate in Bangkok but can never get an answer ( Sukhumvit 26? The address was provided by the

high commission in Delhi)

Any info from people who have done this before is much appreciated

cheers

Richie

What is your nationality?

Cyprus is a member of the EU. If you are an EU national then you have the right of free movement within the EU and so does your wife; provided she is travelling with or to join you.

This means that most of the evidence is not required, basically you just need to show that you are an EU national, you are married and she will be travelling with or to join you, and the visa should be free.

However, Cyprus short-stay visa application procedure and documents required makes no mention of this!

So try and speak to the consul:-

From the Cypriot MFA.

Mr. Paniti Vasuratna

Honorary Consul of the Republic of Cyprus in Bangkok

75/59 Sukhumvit 26
Richmond Bldg
Fl. 17 Klongtoey
Wattana Bangkok 10110

Tel.: +66 2 261 8408-9
+66 2 381 3953 (home)
+66 (0) 81 8542000 (mobile)
Fax.: +66 2 261 8410
+66 2 381 3954 (home)
E-mail: [email protected]

Office Hours:
09:30-12:00 (Tue-Fri)

Cheers 7by7 - I outlined my nationality, (UK) the fact I was married but the standard application pack/doc request was sent back to me

Most of it is straightforward, just need them the clarify if I can sponsor (good enough for the UK + Schengen) and what they mean by 'tax declaration'

Cheers

Yes, you can sponsor.

No idea what they mean by 'tax declaration' I'm afraid.

However, I would contact the consulate and remind them that you are an EU citizen and the applicant is your wife and will be travelling with you and ask if this, and other documents, are still required.

Cheers 7by7 - I outlined my nationality, (UK) the fact I was married but the standard application pack/doc request was sent back to me

Most of it is straightforward, just need them the clarify if I can sponsor (good enough for the UK + Schengen) and what they mean by 'tax declaration'

Cheers

If you have a valid Schengen Visa and have previously entered a Schengen country with the Visa then it can be used to enter Cyprus without the need for a Cyprus Visa.