English channels on TOT IPTV?

angryfarang

TOT iptv has about 12 watchable English channels on the cheapest

S package,bht 280 ,if you are British you can get UKTV-Asia with

15 channels live from UK, bht 312 pm with a years subscription.

regards Worgeordie

yes we have the choice S which costs 290 Baht a month extra, there are choice M (580) and choice L(1300) .

You can look at any program in your choice up to 72 hours later it is in effect a tv program storage device. Also you have the choice of a second box free but you will have to pay extra for choices on the second box

We just got a flyer on this today. I cancelled True a few years ago as it was just too much money. But this looks interesting. Nice to be able to turn on the TV and watch something, rather than rely on torrents.

My internet is really dodgy. On the 10MB package, but it's up and down...especially during the day.

Its all Thai unless you pay more. But if you have the TOT IPTV box anyway you can install other android apps and watch as much English TV as you like - often using the TOT streams.

Could you point me in the direction on how to do this ? I have got a tot iptv box

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you go to the app manager on TOT IPTV box you'll notice there are not many apps to download. I wonder why?

If you have access to Google Play (as we do on any other Android device - and I think someone posted a way to get Google Play on the TOT IPTV box as well - but I haven't tried) you can download many apps - such as ilikeHD (Thai based so fast), Hola, BBC player, ITV player (There is no Hulu android app yet for US TV on Android afaik???). Then you can side install them on the IPTV box by a SD card transfer of the apk back up file from your other device. I have also installed XBMC app which offers limitless potential. Some of these apps are not on Google Play or restricted by geolocation but Google search will lead you to apk download files.

Use vlc and check em all out from these links for free

http://www.tvonlinestreams.com/index.php/1979-totiptv-3bb-tv#.UnDfvfnQnHR

I wonder when TOT will work this out and start issuing tokens for access to their streams.

This also works across different ISP's - you'd have thought they'd lock it to their own ISP subnet...

With TOT one actually gets a VOD service inc and can watch earlier programs on the channels you have or pay for, unlike the online streams links which are live only. Didn't tempt me however so I just use the stream links on their own box.

Where can you get the android apps, and how do you install it?

Tutorial:

"Google-Play store" for TOT-IPTV box

Files:

Google play.zip

This works for stuff that is on Google Play like ilikehd (not ilikehdtv as someone else posted!) but doesn't work for geolocation specific apps like BBC iPlayer etc,.

It will do if you set up through a VPN

Yes, I know about ilikeHD - that works OK and installs on Google Play as it is based in Thailand.

Whilst on subject of ilikeHD anyone know following:

1. Can the English soundtrack be obtained on channels dubbed into Thai such as Warner, NatGeo etc?

2. Is there an EPG easily available for any of this?

3. If outside Thailand can credits be bought using True Money - how to get True Money outside Thailand?

Edited by Digitalbanana

Digitalbanana,

My post was referring to the app on google play ''iLikeHDTV'' (Not ilikeHD)

Thai and english channels are available - some free and and some subscribed.

From what I understand iLikeHDTV is just the name of the TV app by iLikeHD (they also do VOD movies on their website), so it's the same guys.

Yes, I know about ilikeHD - that works OK and installs on Google Play as it is based in Thailand.

Whilst on subject of ilikeHD anyone know following:

1. Can the English soundtrack be obtained on channels dubbed into Thai such as Warner, NatGeo etc?

2. Is there an EPG easily available for any of this?

3. If outside Thailand can credits be bought using True Money - how to get True Money outside Thailand?

Been using them for a while now, since before they redesigned their service.. Could not be happier, despite not many channels in English, their staff is very fluent and helpful.

1. AFAIK no... I expect it would require them to have 2 receivers for each channel, not sure they have enough demand for that...

2. The app has an upcoming match listing, but the site has a more comprehensive schedule for live events, sorted by sports

3. I don't think their service actually works outside the country, I tried it on a trip to Malaysia recently and always got Stream Not Found errors...

• 2 weeks later...

a_y_a_0_2 has stopped working. it's pingable, not no streams

They filter user-agents now, blocking VLC, Chrome, Firefox, etc.. kind of a hassle in VLC, but you can override the user-agent from the command line. But the links still work on Android, so you can use that as a user-agent

• Like 1