Police Stopping Foreign Drivers – Fines subject to Change

khwaibah

Crowd control, and a few quid on the side to make it all worth the effort. Nothing more... nothing less.

On a side note, the foreigners being pulled over are the ones making it easy. If foreigners had insurance, driver licenses, helmets, etc. and made it hard for the officers to extort, then the officers would go where there is least resistance. Bullies usually do when their target smartens up.

Poor foreigners, the persecuted and the oppressed in Thailand.

You call it bullying, and the wisest among us will call it law enforcement.

When in Thailand, keep a low profile, do not get involved with the wrong crowds and keep within and abide by the laws at all times.

Thailand does not owe foreigners any special privileges and are not obliged to make them an exception to the rules.

It`s all very simple, but seems to be a dilemma for many regarding their daily struggles with the Thai people and their lifestyles in Thailand.

• Like 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well said and needed saying... This forum celebrates imbeciles that think being antisocial (in its true sense) is a mark of honour.

No, its the mark of someone who knows they are beneath contempt and so wear their ignorance as pride.

Its high time this forum started to show a bit more positivity about aspects of Thailand, and reclaimed Thai Visa from the cellar dwellers.

Thailand is far from perfect, but for MOST of us its better than home, thats why we are here. But to say anything positive or to disagree with the dribbling, hate mongering supremicists is to be labled an Arse Licker and to be flamed.

The owners and moderators need to look at what they have allowed to happen to this forum, and how it has been allowed to become the rallying point for the unsatisfiable and the ignorant.

Thai Visa is the biggest Thai Forum around, and should be a source of education, ideas and FAIR AND BALANCED opinions. Instead it has become the soapbox of hate and intolerance, flaming anyone who isn't part of the "I hate Thailand" club.

Get it together.

However the negative posts permits us to see how many of those who can't get over their own ignorance think... its quite easy to rise above their issues and ignore them. It makes for a more colourful forum.

Additionally, some who behave like ignorant morons make the rest of us look better in the eyes of those Thai's who do not tar us all with the same brush... it is also those Thai's who I get along with the best so it almost works as a filter !...

Please respect the laws of Thailand.

hey yingyo,who are you expecting us to respect, the laws,the Gov,the police,for sure you're not asking the tiny minority farang population to respect the law 65,000,000 Thai can't find the time or inclination.Now if you're a Thai person I give you room for being in Fantasy Land but if you're some farang do gooder,blow me.

Yingyo is right mate.

If some foreigner came to your country wouldn't you expect them to get license and do the right thing? Its not a matter of doing as the locals do. You are a guest, you are expected to play by the rules. Get over your white mans superiority complex and obey the rules.

If you don't and you get caught pay the fine/tea money and don't whinge about it.

What do you mean he is right???

I thought he made a very good joke.

Yingyo, were you serious?facepalm.gif

A vulgar post has been removed along with the the quoted replies.

Instead of replying to such posts which will only get removed anyway please use the report button and we will remove the post and the poster.

I have also removed another post flaming another member and the quoted replies.

Please re read the Forum Rules before you post again,thank you.

Crowd control, and a few quid on the side to make it all worth the effort. Nothing more... nothing less.

On a side note, the foreigners being pulled over are the ones making it easy. If foreigners had insurance, driver licenses, helmets, etc. and made it hard for the officers to extort, then the officers would go where there is least resistance. Bullies usually do when their target smartens

Bullies usually do when their target smartens up

Good one and who are they targeting according to a lot of posters?36_12_10.gif

hey yingyo,who are you expecting us to respect, the laws,the Gov,the police,for sure you're not asking the tiny minority farang population to respect the law 65,000,000 Thai can't find the time or inclination.Now if you're a Thai person I give you room for being in Fantasy Land but if you're some farang do gooder,blow me.

Yingyo is right mate.

If some foreigner came to your country wouldn't you expect them to get license and do the right thing? Its not a matter of doing as the locals do. You are a guest, you are expected to play by the rules. Get over your white mans superiority complex and obey the rules.

If you don't and you get caught pay the fine/tea money and don't whinge about it.

As a "guest" I have taken the trouble to get a full licence, make sure I drive safely and that my vehicle complies to all relevant Thai laws, but I will say unlike the UK It doesn't stop the cops finding something to blame you for in order to extract cash, i.e. I was fined B400 for carrying my mothers wheelchair in the back of my pickup,(the handles were showing a couple of inches above the tailgate, dangerous load) and once asked for B200.00 for a happy new year gift, but as it was nearing the end of February when pulled over I said no, but my Thai wife leaned across and gave him B100.00 he saluted and waved us on, my wife said better to give him something or he would lose face in front of another Thai. on both these occasions I was not asked to produce my licence or other documents.

I will have respect for Thai law when I see the upholders of Thai law do the same!

Yingyo is right mate.

As a "guest" I have taken the trouble to get a full licence, make sure I drive safely and that my vehicle complies to all relevant Thai laws, but I will say unlike the UK It doesn't stop the cops finding something to blame you for in order to extract cash, i.e. I was fined B400 for carrying my mothers wheelchair in the back of my pickup,(the handles were showing a couple of inches above the tailgate, dangerous load) and once asked for B200.00 for a happy new year gift, but as it was nearing the end of February when pulled over I said no, but my Thai wife leaned across and gave him B100.00 he saluted and waved us on, my wife said better to give him something or he would lose face in front of another Thai. on both these occasions I was not asked to produce my licence or other documents.

I will have respect for Thai law when I see the upholders of Thai law do the same!

I'm guessing, but you may have just caved in too quickly and made yourself a mark... Thai's will get pulled for the same daft stuff. Those Thai's and foreigners who are 'politely stubborn' are far more likely to simply get waved along - However, the BiB will continue to try it on with anyone.

Regarding the 'New Year Gift' Your wife saved his face and cost you yours !

Yingyo is right mate.

If some foreigner came to your country wouldn't you expect them to get  license and do the right thing? Its not a matter of doing as the locals do. You are a guest, you are expected to play by the rules. Get over your white mans superiority complex and obey the rules.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

'better to give him something or he would lose face in front of another Thai'

Yes, let's save this corrupted cop face and let give him the opportunity to steal again some money successfully.

I don't blame the lady, it's the sad way it is here. Call me ignorant.

Thank all the heavens and the million incarnations of the Buddha. The righteous Thai police, dedicated to Subserve and Neglect, have finally discovered the real reason that Thai bus drivers kill passengers, that Thai taxi drivers kill people and passengers, and that there are..hard to admit...Thai traffic accidents in Thailand. Buddha be praised!

It has ALWAYS been the Farang. I myself have caused many accidents just by being Farang..it's my inferior mind-set and lower IQ that distorts the energy fields of the law abiding and brilliant Thais nearby. I, myself, was responsible for the floods because of bad karma, not paying tea money, and a vindictive exploitation of good Thai women in Pattaya...

I admit I somehow have karmically forced them to be pick pocket prostitutes.

Everyone knows those Phuket jet ski operators are being forced into a life of crime by the evil temptation of farang money! They were ararats without blemish before all this...modernization.

Farang go home! Your bad karma make Thais bad. Shame on you.

tongue.png

• Like 1

The excuse being to reduce accidents....haha

So its the tourists causing or involved in most accidents,

I think not.

Anyway,why worry about other people let's just look after number one and make sure we don't get stopped.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

You still haven't picked up your dead pigeon in my garden!
sorry O/T all.

Jai yen yen mapguy, its not a dead pigeon, its a homing pigeon.

Sent via tin can and string after pigeon shot

it was a Norwegian blue parrot dick head.

yes; like Thai motorists do!

Well Thai motorist's can worry about themselves.. This thread is about Foreigners being stopped; although only titled so, the main article mentions anyone and everyone being stopped, which must include both Thai's and Foreigners.

So, if people don't wish to be pulled over by the BiB the answer is simple - abide by the law.

This won't protect you from being pulled over 100% - but it will reduce your chance.

When / If pulled over by the BiB ensure you have everything in order. This will reduce your chances of being faced with a fine.

If faced with a fine and you have broken the law, don't moan - man up and pay it.

If faced with a fine and you are 100% certain you have done nothing wrong, stand your ground, be polite, chances are you'll get waved along.

Sometimes all of the above is not possible, you can't 'get away with it and you may feel you have been treated unfairly (as per the reports in this forum, however, I never have) - Suck it up, its part of living here and you've probably broken endless other laws while driving around, karma has somehow come back to you.

Got stopped in Pattaya the other week. First time in years. Policeman asked "Is that your motorbike?" "Yes" I replied. The cop then asked "You have a license?" "Yes" I replied. "OK go" he said. I drove off having never proved my yeses. Must have an honest face.

Yingyo is right mate.

Oh dear, they're all online today. saai.gif

Oh dear,

Negative, Thai hating supremacists are online on TV every day.. A little club of suck holes, draining their precious beer on THIER precious bar stool, hating Thailand, not wanting to conform, thinking they don't need to obey the law because they are WHITE God dam_n it!

Get over yourselves.. As stated: would you take the same stance at home? Would you drive without a license? Without a helmet if the law dictated you wear one? I doubt it. Would you have sympathy for some tourist driving without a license/helmet? I doubt it.

You and your mates strike me as haters and nay-sayers, self proclaimed Thai experts and self righteous dribblers of half truths and bar wisdom.

I have read your negativity for years, and rarely reply, simply because you are not worth the oxygen required to tap out response. But its a slow day at the office, and I feel like letting you know how much you and your smug platitudes piss off the majority of us who are happy in Thailand and appreciate we are GUESTS...

Absolutely right! Just bend over and enjoy it like this guy does!