Retirement visa - Nakhon Si Thammarat

mikebike

Just a quick FYI re: renewing retirement visa at the Nakhorn Si Thammarat immigration office. I did mine on 28 October 2013.

Required:

1. Copy of your passport - ALL PAGES which have any stamp or pic or writing on them;

2. 4cm x 6cm passport photo;

3. Copy of rental contract for house;

4. Map to house (Google map OR hand drawn);

5. Copy of ID card of house owner;

6. Photo of you with house owner inside AND outside house;

7. Letter from your consulate acknowledging your income back home;

8. Immigration form 87 completed

COST 1900 baht

If you require multiple entry:

1. Extra copy of picture page of your passport;

2. 4cm x 6cm passport photo;

2. Copy of NEW visa page in your passport - yes once you get your visas you must leave immigration, go to the copy shop about 300m NORTH of the immigration office, then return;

3. Immigration form 7 completed

COST 3800 baht

Easy peasy and a pleasant experience… YOUR experience/requirements may vary!! (* depending on whether you rent/own or if you are married to a Thai or if you require bank acknowledgement of funds in Thai bank)

renewing retirement visa

Immigration form 87 completed

Renewing extension of stay based on retirement ??

If you require multiple entry:

Immigration form 7 completed

Why are you using the form TM. 87 to extend based on retirement and then form TM. 7 for a re-entry permit?

• 11 months later...

Hi mikebike, thanks for your encouraging and complete report of NST Immigration.

It sounds a bit complicated but doable to get 1 year visa extension and multible re-entry visa.

Is it sufficient to produce the fotos on paper from a color printer ? Or must it be from a foto lab ?

I had been there twice, first for registering, second for 90 day report. They seem to be decent and friendly officers there.

• 4 weeks later...

Well another visa extension done on the 29th of Oct. I had to do a 90 check-in on the 22nd so reviewed what was needed for the extension with the nice helpful immigration officer. This year I had to include the tambian ban for my rental house AND the owner's house (not sure why, but it was easy enough to ask her for it) and a copy of my Thai bank book (first page and most current page) and copy of the front of my Thai and Canadian bank cards. Aside from the extra items everything was smooth and pleasant!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well another visa extension done on the 29th of Oct. I had to do a 90 check-in on the 22nd so reviewed what was needed for the extension with the nice helpful immigration officer. This year I had to include the tambian ban for my rental house AND the owner's house (not sure why, but it was easy enough to ask her for it) and a copy of my Thai bank book (first page and most current page) and copy of the front of my Thai and Canadian bank cards. Aside from the extra items everything was smooth and pleasant!

Maybe my first ... but still plan on working past 60..for a few more years... just needed to get all the clarification..as they pertain to my situation..own home with Thai wife, have the required baht.. all those hoops.

Actually have been here for 11 consecutive years..

• 6 months later...

I did my first retirement application recently at NST. The photos can be on plain paper (color print) and they prefer a Google Earth map showing the grid reference of your residence. The officer that I dealt with also told me off for not wearing a shirt collar in my photos, but said that he would make an exception this time!!!

I also requested a Certificate of Residence for a driving license. The NST procedure is apparently totally different to other offices in that it does not require an application form!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Making the move soon to retirement visa... I trust I shall encounter smooth process, all documents at the ready..

Rhys

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • Rhys
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,584 posts

OK for the sage, like Uboe Joe..

Can you apply for a work permit before your contract ends at one school and start working at a new school?   Or must you finish working on the day stated on the work permit, then reapply? I thought there was a week grace period?

Conflicting information,  Employment office, says you must reapply after your work permit ends on the official day on the book.  Thus you must do the visa work come back in on a tourist visa and then the school will process you for a non-B visa.

Thanks and cheers.

Make your mind up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/9/2559 at 10:56 AM, muzmurray said:

Rhys

• Platinum Member
  •  
  • Rhys
  • Advanced Members
  • 2,584 posts

OK for the sage, like Uboe Joe..

Can you apply for a work permit before your contract ends at one school and start working at a new school?   Or must you finish working on the day stated on the work permit, then reapply? I thought there was a week grace period?

Conflicting information,  Employment office, says you must reapply after your work permit ends on the official day on the book.  Thus you must do the visa work come back in on a tourist visa and then the school will process you for a non-B visa.

Thanks and cheers.

Make your mind up.

Agree to a certain degree, however, when out of the blue an opportunity comes, it changes the dynamics... cheers mate

Archived