Hua Hin on Nok Air radar

webfact

Hua Hin On Nok Air Radar

nok.jpg

HUA HIN: -- Nok Air will offer flights from Don Mueng Airport (Bangkok) starting on 15th November in a latest bid to raise its domestic feeder route footprint.

The budget airline will be the first carrier in many years to offer a scheduled service to Hua Hin as a popular holiday destination for both Thai and foreign visitors.

Nok Air executives said the route will be served by a Saab 340B turboprop aircraft with 34 seats chartered from Siam General Aviation Co. through its Nok Air affiliate.

It will offer a service on three days each week, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, departing from Don Mueng at 7.15 PM and returning from Hua Hin at 8.10 PM. This may be increased according to demand.

Hu Hin is the latest feeder route in Nok Airs strategic plan to tap the potential of smaller cities not served by larger aircraft.

Nok Airs executives said a 30 minute flight will provide an alternative to road transport which takes up to three hours.

To stimulate demand for the new route Nok Air is offering a promotional all inclusive one way fare starting from 1,299 THB.

hh2d.jpg
-- Hua Hin Today 2013-10-31

I live in Hua Hin and am in and out of Thailand every six weeks through Suvarnabhumi. I absolutely detest the drive to and from BKK but I will be carrying on with the drive unfortunately as at least I'll be home 3 to 4 hours after landing.

I reckon these flights are about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe. The majority of tourists come in through BKK so it means a long journey across town from BKK to Don Muang and even then they have to time their flights to perfection to avoid a long wait. The thing is, the unsuspecting and inexperienced tourist will probably think "what a good idea".

I'll be watching with interest to see how long these flights last, the same as Thai Regional's did...

• Like 1

This service is obviously arranged to provide a service to wealthy Bangkok residents who weekend in Hua Hin and do not wish to drive. The timing and location is not very convenient for anyone else, however it is a start.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...