Shocking Price Rises At Phoenix Golf Club Pattaya

golfmadstudent

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played Khao Kheo with the Poppy Day Appeal on Friday and attended the presentations at Tavern by the Sea on Saturday where the golfers I spoke to were aware of the situation at Phoenix and stated they would not be playing there until the situation was resolved.

Had a cup of coffee outside the restaurant today Sunday from 11:00am until just after 12:00 noon. Watched approx. 14 compulsory carts head to the 1st tee during that time. Took a stroll that encompassed part of Mountain, Lake and Ocean and saw that the 3 courses were virtually deserted.

Hopefully we'll have some good news back from the management soon...

They've done a great job at Century GC Chonburi now know as Patavia. I played there last Thursday. The layout has not been changed but tees have been relaid and are nicely manicured, the fairways are great and the greens really fast uphill as well as downhill. They are busy building a new clubhouse which will have a veranda looking out over the eighteenth. 600 baht green fee, 300 baht caddy fee and 300 baht each for a shared buggy. You can walk if you prefer. Great value.

I would imagine that the home and property owners at Phoenix are waiting for the next shoe to drop. I would not be surprised to see all the common area charges increase like the golf charges. You would be foolish to consider buying a lot or a house there.

Given the new owners' treatment of the members, I wonder how they will treat the property owners?

Thank you metisdead.

Letters from group members sent to Directors of Phoenix Golf and Country Club Pattaya Co., Ltd. notifying them that the charges and changes made by them from November 1st, are unacceptable and illegal for member / shareholders. These charges / changes having been made without consultation with the members / shareholders. Until resolution of this problem, the majority of member groups and local visiting groups are avoiding playing at Phoenix.

How many of you golfers that played Phoenix with societies / bars are no longer booking tee-times here.

It would be very useful to have an idea of numbers avoiding the course when we get to " negotiate " with the club to return to sensible rules and charges.

The demand notes from Phoenix Golf & Country Club have arrived looking for Baht 24,000 by the end of December while completely ignoring

the letters sent by the members. It may be time for a stronger reaction from members before all is lost.

What has happened to all you society golfers? I thought at least some of you regular Pattaya golfers might have a thought or two on the Phoenix situation.

We are attempting to keep golf at Phoenix Golf & Country Club at a reasonable rate for all golfers using this course.

Please let us hear your thoughts and information on societies / groups avoiding Phoenix currently.

I was referring to local golf news especially in reference to Phoenix Golf & Country Club. Again I refer to the societies / groups that used to play at Phoenix but are no longer playing there. If you are or know of golfers that are avoiding Phoenix please let me know. We need as many members as possible and visiting golfers from societies / groups to join in this rejection of penal changes / charges.

East Side is a local group that I run - we have rarely booked Phoenix except on Sports Days because there is generally better value elsewhere - that said the attraction for our members was the ability to share carts which have increasingly become 'single use' at many venues- an attraction that has now gone - beyond this we have a good percentage of supporters who prefer to walk and will not generally suipport venues with compulsory cart policies.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This fiasco is going to leave a nasty taste in the mouths of most golfers, when they consider whether to play at Phoenix or not, long after this problem has been sorted out, unless the new owners come to their senses soon and reconsider what they are trying to achieve.

As far as local golf groups from pubs, etc., it looks like zero are booking Phoenix. See the golf list in Pattaya People. Also has been dropped from the rota by Thai Ger. Things must be quiet at Phoenix.

It is less expensive to play Green Valley (walking) as a guest than Phoenix as a member with a booked caddie. Green Valley is a more interesting course (although the trees and bunkers in the middle of the fairways on some holes are irritating), with far superior restaurants and facilities. Plus, the management is competent and customer focused.

I was referring to local golf news especially in reference to Phoenix Golf & Country Club. Again I refer to the societies / groups that used to play at Phoenix but are no longer playing there. If you are or know of golfers that are avoiding Phoenix please let me know. We need as many members as possible and visiting golfers from societies / groups to join in this rejection of penal changes / charges.

Check out this site:

http://www.pattayamail.com/sports

You will notice many golf society's reporting their activities and not one was at Phoenix. Take an afternoon or evening off and visit the various venues.

I would but I live some 700 kilometers from Phoenix.

I do have a number of friends that built homes out there and I used to golf regularly there but would not even consider doing so now.

I went to Phoenix yesterday (Saturday 23) to have a look for myself. The parking lot was about 40% full, most cars were minivans, so the players were in majority from organised tours, not members. Along the driving range I also saw two touring cars. Then I took a look on the course and sure enough saw only Asian players, most of them Korean I guess. I saw only 3 farang players. The problem is of course that only farang players right now stick out as traitors. It is a pity we can not easily see how well the Thai members are observing the boycott.

Anyway: for a Saturday at around noon, when the course should be at its very busiest, it was very bad.

I mean: very good ;-)

Som nam na, as they say here...