Shocking Price Rises At Phoenix Golf Club Pattaya

golfmadstudent

I see that Phoenix no longer requires the compulsory use of carts !!

Might appease some, (not all) of the whining coming from this board subject.

Hardly surprising that 1 of the regular whiners posters chose not to post this relevant development, or maybe they just don't know !!

. If you had just posted the first part of your missive it may have been helpful,but you thought it would be clever to post your usual childish snide comments.Thaipet go away and play with your dollies.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that Phoenix no longer requires the compulsory use of carts !!

Might appease some, (not all) of the whining coming from this board subject.

Hardly surprising that 1 of the regular whiners posters chose not to post this relevant development, or maybe they just don't know !!

We are well aware of the developements at Phoenix.Thaipet You without doubt are an irritating little slimeball,on a period again ?

You may well be, but in the interest of a balanced view, I thought it may be prudent to advise other BMs of this developement.

Completely understandable that you personally would not have posted some relevant information, best you stick to name calling and whining !!

With High season fast approaching, you better get in quick and get some rounds in, before the Korean invasion commences.

With no vested interest either way then as a golfer I appreciate the update. Thank you.

A few of us played it today. Carts are no longer mandatory since the 1st of this month, so the sign says. All 3 x 9's are open I believe, we played lake-ocean. Not very busy but there was what looked like a society starting on one of the 9's as we were leaving. Not impressed by the condition of the course, particularly the greens. Never did like Phoenix and nothing has changed, but I hope the members who're being ripped off get justice.

A few of us played it today. Carts are no longer mandatory since the 1st of this month, so the sign says. All 3 x 9's are open I believe, we played lake-ocean. Not very busy but there was what looked like a society starting on one of the 9's as we were leaving. Not impressed by the condition of the course, particularly the greens. Never did like Phoenix and nothing has changed, but I hope the members who're being ripped off get justice.

We played Mountain and Ocean this morning. I thought it was in pretty good condition albeit the greens on the Oceans were quicker than the Mountain. Thats only the 2nd time I have played there, and compared to July it was a lot busier. Whichever society was there had several flights going out and nearly all were walking.

Maybe the owners will see the benefits of allowing walkers again and keep it up.

On a similar subject, next month Eastern Star are going to one golfer per cart and no sharing. They are replacing their carts with new ones and have decided to ban cart sharing.

Did All Members get their written invitation to the Golf Tournament hosted by Phoenix for members? Recieved mine by regitered post last week.

No, I did not receive any invitation from Phoenix. Perhaps you would be good enough to scan and post it (or detail it) on this site for all members to see.

Did All Members get their written invitation to the Golf Tournament hosted by Phoenix for members? Recieved mine by regitered post last week.

Can any member post details of the Phoenix members golf tournament as LBFM1 seems to have disappeared!

I hate repeating myself, but if any of the Phoenix members here on TV have received details as LBFM1 above, could you please post them.

• 2 weeks later...

Members of Phoenix:

Legal proceedings have already been iniated on behalf of the members. We are now entering the crimina area and again require all to participate in these proceedings. Please keep in contact with the Phoenix Members Action Group to remain upto date with developments.The light at the end of the tunnel is definately brighter and success is close.

LBFM has not disapeared just has not logged into the site for awhile. If I can find the tournament invitation will attempt to scan to this site.

Thank you. As you may have noticed, it would appear that you are " The Chosen One " as regards the tournament details. No other TV members admit to having received the invitation. I look forward to the details and thanks again.

I just saw an ad in Pattaya Mail where Phoenix is called Phoenix Gold G & CC. It also says that the Mountain Course is now open after having been renovated and that golf carts are no longer compulsory and the course is under new management.

Does anyone have any details?

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

Phoenix should have changed it's name to Phoenix Ghost Town. Today, when I toured around the

27 holes at 11:00 A.M., I saw zero golfers, zero golf tour buses or mini vans, and only Phoenix staff

vehicles parked. It would seem that the recent t.v. coverage of the Singha tournament exposed the

poor playing conditions at Phoenix. Now the Thai golfers have joined the membership and the local

golf community in playing at friendlier, more reasonably priced courses nearby. After a year of deceit

and deception, it is unlikely that many of the Golden members will be paying the illegal 24,000 baht

annual fee.

In spite of seriously declining revenue, Phoenix is on a wild spending spree. The existing management

appears hell bent on driving the club into bankruptcy and dissolution, without any consultation with the

membership. The temporary concession to allow walking golf, until business improves, and the recent

attempt to lure back the despicable bar groups with commissions and "special" fees, both show how

desperate management have become.

The days of dodgy financial data and disrespecting the membership should be brought to an end, through

the courts, or otherwise. Perhaps it is time for a new Bank to step in, appoint a professional management

team, restore competitive prices, consult with the membership, and re-establish Phoenix as good value, not

a "golf tourist trap".

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

Phoenix should have changed it's name to Phoenix Ghost Town. Today, when I toured around the

27 holes at 11:00 A.M., I saw zero golfers, zero golf tour buses or mini vans, and only Phoenix staff

vehicles parked. It would seem that the recent t.v. coverage of the Singha tournament exposed the

poor playing conditions at Phoenix. Now the Thai golfers have joined the membership and the local

golf community in playing at friendlier, more reasonably priced courses nearby. After a year of deceit

and deception, it is unlikely that many of the Golden members will be paying the illegal 24,000 baht

annual fee.

In spite of seriously declining revenue, Phoenix is on a wild spending spree. The existing management

appears hell bent on driving the club into bankruptcy and dissolution, without any consultation with the

membership. The temporary concession to allow walking golf, until business improves, and the recent

attempt to lure back the despicable bar groups with commissions and "special" fees, both show how

The days of dodgy financial data and disrespecting the membership should be brought to an end, through

the courts, or otherwise. Perhaps it is time for a new Bank to step in, appoint a professional management

team, restore competitive prices, consult with the membership, and re-establish Phoenix as good value, not

a "golf tourist trap".

Despicable bar groups?? Who put a bee under your bonnet? Did you try to join one of the groups but they turned you down?

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

annual fee.

a "golf tourist trap".

Despicable bar groups?? Who put a bee under your bonnet? Did you try to join one of the groups but they turned you down?

I am sure Polar Vortex referred to "the despicable bar groups" with a "tongue in cheek." It was Phoenix who originally stopped the bar groups as the new owners considered them not up to the their high standards. Desperation has caused them to lower their view of standards.

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

annual fee.

a "golf tourist trap".

I am sure Polar Vortex referred to "the despicable bar groups" with a "tongue in cheek." It was Phoenix who originally stopped the bar groups as the new owners considered them not up to the their high standards. Desperation has caused them to lower their view of standards.
I think Phoenix was offering bar groups to pay at 1500 baht, which is still far more than a lot of good courses around, they will need to go below 1000 to complete.

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

annual fee.

a "golf tourist trap".

Ok, feeling slightly foolish....

The group of 32 Shareholder Members of Phoenix Golf & Country Club that filed a complaint with Hua Yai Police Station appeared on Thai PBS News this evening (Monday). Perhaps TAT, Singha etc. might take note of national television news.

Is this the one you are talking about ? ( I am not a golfer and don't know if Phoenix Golf Club and Golf Club in this article are the same)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/777307-police-complaint-filed-against-new-owners-of-pattaya-golf-course/

Yes it is.

Gentlemen, regarding the comments about lack of enforceable rules in Thailand - It is true that in many cases that the situation is merely accepted by the offended party and not pursued. Thereby giving the impression that aggrieved parties have no chance of gaining justice in Thailand.
The laws to protect peoples rights against fraud or wrongdoing are actually on the books and are enforced in Thailand. It just requires Diligence and Patience on our part.

At last, having surmounted numerous obstacles, the criminal case against Phoenix Golf & Country Club, has been accepted (after much argument with the relevant authorities, who tried to persuade, it should be a civil case rather than a criminal case), is underway.

As has been the shareholder members wishes all along, we are endeavouring to revert to the original agreement in place, upon our purchase of lifetime shareholder memberships in this club. What is the point of purchasing shareholder / memberships or even memberships in Pattaya / Chonburi Golf Clubs if they can change the rules without reference to the existing membership and their requirements or future potential memberships.

So those members of Phoenix who have'nt presented your full details of membership to the action committee already, please do so ASAP to ensure your ongoing rights.

The story of our agrievements with Phoenix Golf & Country Club, Pattaya has been picked up by not only the the local media but has attracted the national TV / Media as well. We have right on our side and we will prevail.

Only as a group, shall we succeed.

• 2 weeks later...