50 HD Channels for True Visions -- Must Register by 10-31

Barefoot

I stumbled onto this web page today at True Visions: http://www.truevisionsgroup.com/index.php

According to this web page, one needs to register by 10-31 to receive another large batch of HD channels for free to existing Platinum members. I registered online using only my account number and then providing an email address and phone number. I am supposed to receive a confirmation SMS within 2 days. I'm surprised that I haven't seen anything about this on TV. There are apparently also new HD channels for Gold packages, but I did not look into that. If that is a hard deadline, there are less than 5 hours left to register. They certainly haven't done a good job of getting this information out to the English-speaking community, but that's nothing new.

Thanks for the info. It asked me if I read the conditions (which I hadn't ... does anyone ever?) so I hope I didn't sign up for a big surprise. I guess it was reassuring to be told:

Welcome to experiencing the world more realistically
and progressively with round-the-clock service

I'm not sure if I want to experience the world more realistically, especially "round-the-clock," but I'll remain optimistic.

Edited by Suradit69

Thanks for the info. It asked me if I read the conditions (which I hadn't ... does anyone ever?) so I hope I didn't sign up for a big surprise. I guess it was reassuring to be told:

and progressively with round-the-clock service.

I'm not sure if I want to experience the world more realistically, especially "round-the-clock," but I'll remain optimistic.

We've been using WEtv (WORST EVER TV) Cable in Chiang Mai for a couple of years and although cheap, the quality and variety are both %@#%##

if you get my drift!

Is True Visions worthwhile and what do they charge? I tried to find their website on Google but only got a Prog. Guide and that required a Password.

Thanks in advance.

50 HD channels only on cable, for satellite users it's 40 HD channels. I got the upgrade a few weeks ago - the only new HD channel that gets any airplay in our house is the Disney one. The new channels in this round are all B or even C grade. Still you can't complain too much when you're getting them for free..

I have read it all (in Thai), no surprises, no extra commitment. Odd that they are putting a deadline on it though.

I have read it all (in Thai), no surprises, no extra commitment. Odd that they are putting a deadline on it though.

Well it's all been made clear now (sarcasm alert). I just got an email (and apparently a new package !!):

Dear True Visions Member, TrueVisioins Group has activated your new package. Welcome to an upgraded experience!

For more information, please call TrueVisions Care at 0-2725-2727 ,

I think I have some HD channels that I didn't have before: 114, 122,129, 136,141,143,147, 160.

One has stuff like Letterman, Frasier, the King of Queens, Elementary etc. Not a lot that I would watch, but I'm happy about Letterman. I think there was a Disney channel in there and HBO Family. Haven't looked outside the HD range of channels to see if anything else has changed.

• Like 1

I think I have some HD channels that I didn't have before: 114, 122,129, 136,141,143,147, 160.

One has stuff like Letterman, Frasier, the King of Queens, Elementary etc. Not a lot that I would watch, but I'm happy about Letterman. I think there was a Disney channel in there and HBO Family. Haven't looked outside the HD range of channels to see if anything else has changed.

The list of channels is here : http://www.truevisionsgroup.com/

cover_mix.png

Is anyone actually getting Disney channel on 37? Shows as blocked for me. Wonder if Disney XD on 129 the same channel in HD?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My youngest watches it all the time, even though it looks terrible in SD. Disney XD has different programming - nothing there my daughter seems to like watching.

Is anyone actually getting Disney channel on 37? Shows as blocked for me. Wonder if Disney XD on 129 the same channel in HD?

My youngest watches it all the time, even though it looks terrible in SD. Disney XD has different programming - nothing there my daughter seems to like watching.

Are you paying an additional fee to get it, or do you get it as part of your package? I pay for Platinum FWIW.

Are you paying an additional fee to get it, or do you get it as part of your package? I pay for Platinum FWIW.

No extra fee.. We have platinum with 4 set-top boxes, and got the free upgrade mentioned in this thread.

Did you apply for the upgrade before the deadline? if not, that will explain it. If you did, try power cycling your STB - 2 of ours needed that to pickup the new channels.

No extra fee.. We have platinum with 4 set-top boxes, and got the free upgrade mentioned in this thread.

Did you apply for the upgrade before the deadline? if not, that will explain it. If you did, try power cycling your STB - 2 of ours needed that to pickup the new channels.

Only applied 2 days ago. Got the upgrade, but the only channel missing is Disney on 37. Says it's blocked. Have all the other listed channels. Time to call support...

Please tell us which channel has Letterman etc.?

Channel 143 CBS Entertainment

Letterman is 22:45 weekdays

Frasier is on the weekends, Everyone Loves Raymond, Elementary etc on during the week. You really have to scroll through the online program guide to figure out what's on when.

There's also stuff on channel 122, but no information in the program guide. It's just shows "future channel," although there are programs on now. It's a total crap shoot and you have to keep surfing through the channels to find something you might be interested in.

Edited by Suradit69

I have a Gold membership and I get Disney on channel 37. I did "sign up" for the offer that True made before 31st October. I don't really know what I was signing up for, but maybe that opened some channels. It seems like everyone who pays the same subscription rates ought to get the same channels, but as I say, I don't know what the sign-up was meant to achieve.