How Hair Salons Stay Profitable In Thailand...

rakshell

OP figures are way out, My wife has a good shop in a big hotel, with a hair dressing shop next door, this is for the hair dressing shop, rent 15,000 BHT a month, staff +2 12,000 BHT a month plus 10% com, Elect + Water 850 BHT a month, product and extras per month about 2,500 BHT, the shop takes about 80,000 BHT a month on average sometimes well over 100,000 BHT a month, very nice little business,

The poster that thinks hair dressing shops are fronts for prostitution should admit himself to the local lunatic asylum.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP figures are way out, My wife has a good shop in a big hotel, with a hair dressing shop next door, this is for the hair dressing shop, rent 15,000 BHT a month, staff +2 12,000 BHT a month plus 10% com, Elect + Water 850 BHT a month, product and extras per month about 2,500 BHT, the shop takes about 80,000 BHT a month on average sometimes well over 100,000 BHT a month, very nice little business,

The poster that thinks hair dressing shops are fronts for prostitution should admit himself to the local lunatic asylum.

Thanks for that..

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking to get my hair coloured for less than 1500 baht in Chiang Mai and failed! Costs me less in the UK and the overheads there are way higher. If the person who can get it done for 350 baht 'up country' can PM me with a salon, I'd be delighted!

Haha, sorry, don't remember names of salons! But I've gotten it down in the provincial capitals of Surin, Ubon, and Lampang, all in the 300-400 range. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway, you'll need to go to a salon that primarily serves Thais, not one in a tourist area! And it helps if you speak Thai.

• Like 1

From my observations a good percentage, but not all, of hair dressing salons are operated by either ex bar girls or ladyboys as that is what they know best - how to look pretty.

I am not too sure how many are actually trained in using chemicals on other peoples skulls but some of those chemicals are nasty . Just look at the skin whitening industry.That is why i am always concerned when my gf goes to one to have anything more than a hair trim and they always do the hard sell to try some new chemical to extract more money. It is not the money that concerns me as much as her safety. How many of them actually have any training - are there schools in Thailand for the beauty industry or is it a matter of opening up shop and hope for prosperity.

Sorry this post diverts away from the OP's post slightly .

You should get out of Pattaya more and have a look around.

Ah yes. Top Charoen. Never worked that place out in 18 years. Everything permenantly on 50%. Lol

including the salaries i guess!

and funnily i went into one Top Charoen once to get a miniscule screw for my sunglasses and they charged me... ZERO (on the house!).

Good P.R.I have been several times for small repairs(not their spectacles) and never charged.I will certainly buy from them when needed.