BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Forethat

Parenting Styles

Parenting Styles   

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can one set of rules be generic enough to cater to all people?

You do what you think is best and you hope you made the right choice.

Can one set of rules be generic enough to cater to all people?

You do what you think is best and you hope you made the right choice.

I think you are on to something here. I agree with your first statement (no, you can't).

However, what IS changing is the way we have access to information. Plato had a decent theory that was applicable until Gutenberg came about. And since then there's been all sorts of stuff happening.

You don't have to "hope you made the right choice" anymore, you can find out how to increase your chances of success.

It's not just parental issues and behavioural science, medical issues are easier to prevent using the same type of cultural and technological advances. One of the posters mentioned Plato earlier, Plato was right in one thing; we must differentiate between having and possessing knowledge. In the modern world almost everybody "have" the knowledge.

PS: Forethat, I presume you are saying, by the way you responded to my earlier post, that everything you know was learned from a book and you never raised or helped raise any children. Tell us otherwise and I will happily admit my presumption is a mistake.

I think you'd be better off if you tried to control your morbid fascination over other posters private life and focused on the topic. Just saying...

...and exactly what caused you to start this thread other than a morbid fascination in beachproperty's manner of disciplining his daughter?

I'm outta here on that one.coffee1.gif

I can guarantee that a lot of those posting have bugger all experience at raising kids of their own or left their other half before gaining any knowledge in it. What we seem to get are a lot of opinions only, no experience in reality. The biggie in all this is that very rarely do various parents raise kids the same way, they each do it their own way and reckon its best. To that end these polls will get us nowhere, if you want to blame someone, blame the parent/s that allow their kids to do as they please because they are the ones at fault, not the kids. Coming into a situation like the one in question requires a totally different approach as it is already to late to change the child habits. Whether you agree or not is immaterial, beach did it his way and it worked in bloody quick time, I would have approached it differently but that is my perogative. If you dont like what he did, stiff, too late to change it and any bitching about it gets us nowhere.

I would rather read the dunny diaries than all this crap and thats saying something........ lets just dump this and leave parenting to the childs parents not TV members in general.

so why did YOU bother??

why did I bother to what?, I mean this is a pretty stupid comment as it doesnt define anything, I didnt tell beach what to do, I suggested we leave parenting to parents not half wits that have never fathered a child of their own.

PS: Forethat, I presume you are saying, by the way you responded to my earlier post, that everything you know was learned from a book and you never raised or helped raise any children. Tell us otherwise and I will happily admit my presumption is a mistake.

I think you'd be better off if you tried to control your morbid fascination over other posters private life and focused on the topic. Just saying...

...and exactly what caused you to start this thread other than a morbid fascination in beachproperty's manner of disciplining his daughter?

If you had read the first post you would have noticed I actually give the exact reason why I started this thread...

Only proves you can get any answer you want by any poll!

That is not in a simply yes or no, agree or disagree format !

"If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, confusion them with BS"

Cheers:clap2.gif

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

I agree with your comment such an unstable, morbid fascination with other posters experiences?

Yes, beating a dead horse here. Let's close this as it's just become a bickering contest.

If you want to try this again, please do so in the Family and Children sub forum. General forum is a bit to tough for this.

Topic Closed.

• Like 1