Closed Forums

mrmnp

As a newbie, I would like to address our guru admins, knowing full well the question has probably been asked innumerable times, and thus the question is advanced most humbly.

Would it be of benefit, if a thread, once closed or a thread which covers current and much asked questions with great answers, is summarized by an anal retentive volunteer member and posted by index, regarding the most common areas of interest.

An index of "most frequently asked questions" banner at or near the top of the home page would certaily divert many nebies to basic source material first and then the gurus would not find their minds used on such basic questions. Perhaps they don't mind?

I was directed to one of the site's canned sections by a senior member/admin but I found the information therein, quite dated and misleading. Perhaps those canned information sources need to be edited?

In any case, canned information should be readily available to newbies, by a link found in banner headlines, on the home page. Perhaps, the regulations interpreted for easy understanding. Example:

To obtain a non-immigrant O visa, do the following

1) If OUTSIDE Thailand, ,,,,,

2) If INSIDE Thailand....

CAVEAT: All consulates and all immigration offices and officers are different so variations in requirements are to be expected, so don't be surprised if all of the steps or documents listed above are not needed or if additional steps, hurdles or documents are required.

Then perhaps a link to the actual translated regulation pertaining thereto, although I doubt many will use it.

As a newbie, I would like to address our guru admins, knowing full well the question has probably has been asked innumerable times, and thus the question is advance most humbly.

Would it be of benefit, if a thread, once closed or a thread which covers current and much asked questions with great answers, is summarized by an anal retentive volunteer member and posted by index on the most common areas of interest.

An index of "most frequently asked questions" banner at or near the top of the home page would certaily divert many nebies to basic source material first and then the gurus would not find their minds used on such basic questions. Perhaps they don't mind?

I was directed to one of the sites canned sections by a senior member/admin but I found the information therein, quite dated and misleading. Perhaps those canned information sources need to be edited?

In any case, canned information should be readily available to newbies, by a link found in banner headlines, on the home page. Perhaps, the regulations interpreted for easy understanding. Example:

To obtain a non-immigrant O visa, do the following

1) If OUTSIDE Thailand, ,,,,,

2) If INSIDEDE Thailand....

CAVEAT: All consulates and all immigration offices and officers are different so variations in requirements are to be expected, so don't be surprised if all of the steps or documents listed above are not needed or if additional steps, hurdles or documents are required.

I'll take it up with George. Thanks for the idea.

Guest IT Manager

I will take it up with you.. Get started. Due credit will be given.

Open a new thread here, and we will move it to a forum main zone when you finish.

Good idea, since volunteers are thin on the ground... thank you

IT