My first sunset HDR

MJP

MJP........the small photo you have uploaded fro evaluation doesn't do this photo credit.

The full size photo you sent me yesterday was so clear that I could count every leaf on the trees.

I am not sure if it needs a little more foreground,but there again maybe not,after all it is the

sky that you were concentrating on....and IMHO very well done thumbsup.gif

I liked it better before the lightening.

The foreground got muddy.

I have never done HDR either. I think I will give it a try.

Yeah I prefer it too. Personally I hate HDR photos because they automatically make me feel physically sick. The greater the HDR effect the more I want to chuck up.

They are good for this though as long as you don't over do the HDR strength. It can look natural.

Yeah I prefer it too. Personally I hate HDR photos because they automatically make me feel physically sick. The greater the HDR effect the more I want to chuck up.

They are good for this though as long as you don't over do the HDR strength. It can look natural.

Your photos also makes some members do the same bah.gif but not me.

I wood take one photo and "tone map" it in Photomatix 4.2.......

It is much easier than 3-5 or more shots, it just takes ONE photo as I have posted a few times before on this forum. whistling.gif

Win, who else could post this w00t.gif

It is much easier than 3-5 or more shots, it just takes ONE photo as I have posted a few times before on this forum. whistling.gif

Thanks Kan, I'm downloading it now.

Also found something called Luminance HDR which I don't honestly understand yet.

Extending tonal range in a single photograph using Photomatix or even using PS will work if the images exceeds the dynamic range very slightly but will not give you good results where there is a lot of clipping caused by a very broad dynamic range. Here, bracketing shots is your only real alternative.

Just like to says many thanks to the Good Mr. Fiddlesticks for showing me how to process these HDR multi-bracket things in LR and CS6.

It's opened up a whole new genre of terrible photos I'll plaster over this sub-forum!

• Like 2