Thaivisa 2014/2557 Calendar Photo Contributions

Tywais

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just a birdwatcher that sometimes takes photographs.... but here's a couple of my own fave's that have no real avians in them. rolleyes.gif(as Tywais says minimum 1280 pixels wide, i've linked here at 'Large 1600' (wide) scale from Flickr...hope they're viewable to all.. much larger than i usually 'link' stuff - hopefully viewers browsers will accomodate/resize)

edit: *IMPORTANT - you must CLICK on each image to see it 'unsquashed'. The aspect ratio is way off....probably because of the 1600pixels wide link smile.png

Bangkok - Petchaburi Road. (Canon Powershot S95...ISO 80...1/1600sec...f/2.5)

9736720496_3bf4ca4406_h.jpg

Bangkok - Silom, Rama IV, Ratchadamri intersection. (Canon Powershot S95...ISO 125...1/25sec...f/2.0)

edit: *IMPORTANT - you must CLICK on each image to see it 'unsquashed'. The aspect ratio is way off....probably because of the 1600pixels wide link smile.png

and the lady said "Oh My Gosh" I am on ThaiVisaDotCom.

Win who else w00t.gif

• Like 1

Can we have a separate post for each photo please? It's difficult to like one photo in a multi photo post. Also camera/lens combo would be nice just for personal interest. There's some brilliant photos being posted.

Yes, Please.

Winthumbsup.gif

Buddha head overgrown by a fig tree in Wat Mahatat in Ayutthaya historic park, Thailand.

Though the body is gone, the sandstone head is entrapped in the roots and lies beneath a Bodhi tree in the vicinity of Wat Mahathat in Ayutthaya. This piece of ancient antique is extremely precious albeit it is trapping under a tree. Look and appreciate but no touching please so that this piece of ancient-natural arts is preserved for everybody's enjoyment.

The construction of Wat Mahathat begun during the reign of King Borommarachathirat I in 1374 A.D. but completed during the reign of King Ramesuan (1388-1395 A.D.) The architecture of Wat Mahatat had several prangs of Khmer style. While the octagonal chedis showed the influence of Ceylonese.

large.jpg

Win thumbsup.gif

P.S. Original Kan be found on the link below:-

http://www.pbase.com/win13/image/139847848/original

Edited by Kan Win
  • Like 1

To ^ Win.... wow what a difference in full screen size in quality of viewing .... on those shots...thumbsup.gif

To Fab Fred... find that colourful image! tongue.png thumbsup.gif

To Tywais

Perhaps another suggestion w00t.gif perhaps we should to continue to upload as normal image size 1024 then those picked could be reloaded by the finalists, at the 1280 or larger size... towards the end ....

or is that tooooo much werk? ohmy.png.pagespeed.ce.shABmucp9T.pngfacepalm.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

To Tywais

Perhaps another suggestion w00t.gif perhaps we should to continue to upload as normal image size 1024 then those picked could be reloaded by the finalists, at the 1280 or larger size... towards the end ....

The latter. smile.png That is very time intensive which I don't have as I save the images to my computer in an archive organized by poster and post # and spreadsheet the data. Going an extra step to re-download the larger images on request is a bit much. One member did post a medium size image and and a link to a large one and that works for me as it is available immediately to me if needed.

To Tywais

The latter. smile.png That is very time intensive which I don't have as I save the images to my computer in an archive organized by poster and post # and spreadsheet the data. Going an extra step to re-download the larger images on request is a bit much. One member did post a medium size image and and a link to a large one and that works for me as it is available immediately to me if needed.

Thought you may say that Tywais, that's OK...... not sure about others but most pics I have uploaded to Picasa in last few months any way are at 1024 (a reasonable viewing size) .... sometimes at 800... guess got more werk at this end... facepalm.gifbiggrin.png

May try that method Kan Win used on some selected images and see how it is! wink.png

• Like 1

10653543393_323772da4c_t.jpg

My Post #23 (page 1)

anyone wanting to see it Large at 1600 x 1118, can do so here with this link: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/10653543393_e9ecc44df9_h.jpg

after that, left mouse 'click' (+ magnifying glass pointer) if it's still 'squashed' on your screen.

Do you have an enlarged version of your Petchaburi Road photo please?

My Post #23 (page 1)

anyone wanting to see it Large at 1600 x 1118, can do so here with this link: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3737/10653543393_e9ecc44df9_h.jpg

after that, left mouse 'click' (+ magnifying glass pointer) if it's still 'squashed' on your screen.

9824136224_285633db48_t.jpg

My Post #10 (page 1)

sure....smile.png i thought it was already clickable there at 1600 x 1118. But If you want to see it even larger, here's a link to it at 2048 x 1182: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/9824136224_7f9d68782e_k.jpg

• Like 1

My Post #23 (page 1)

9824136224_285633db48_t.jpg

My Post #10 (page 1)

sure....smile.png i thought it was already clickable there at 1600 x 1118. But If you want to see it even larger, here's a link to it at 2048 x 1182: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/9824136224_7f9d68782e_k.jpg

That's great. Thanks very much.

^ Yes, that's the image FabFred!.... post # 84 ..... most memorable image of the year in my mind! thumbsup.gif

facepalm.gif Now trying to figure out how to do this smaller image plus a link to the larger size...

Hope this works! wink.png

Nathon%252520Sunset%252520%252520Nov%252

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hJKspnl9x99e_nsuzRcWIV7d5phY_h5fCLzTIC_q2T0?feat=directlink

I think it did... ? wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

Tywais ... may I ask a technical question?

This photo below ...

post-104736-0-51054700-1383767686_thumb.

The actual image is 1.72 meg and 2304 x 1728 pixels

But the Thai Visa uploader compresses it to a 1.38 kilobyte image

attachicon.gifDSCF7993.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF7995.JPG

... for those interested, they are Prawn Fishing

At that level of resolution it wouldn't qualify for the Calendar.

I'm not interested in hosting the photos via a cloud solution.

Probably, what I am alluding to is that you may have many images that have/will be submitted by other members as uploads which look great, but technically don't qualify.

Just a thought and what I think is a reasonable observation.

All that said ... more photos and less comments ... that's the way to go ... thumbsup.gif