Recomendation needed for Antihistamine that does not effect enlarged prostate gland

BobTH

I need an Antihismine but I also suffer from an enlarged prostate gland and as you probably know if you have or ever had my condition and taken them they tend to make urinary flow decrease or make the problem even worse. Some years ago in the USA there was an antihistamine named Seldane or chemical name Terfenadine that did not affect the prostate gland which I can't find here. Has anyone found an antihistamine in Thailand that does not effect someone with an enlarged prostate gland or restrict urine flow. I was not really fond of posting this thread but I really did not find anything while surfing medicines in Thailand on the internet and was hoping someone on this site might be able to give me a suggestion. No snide comments please, it is hell getting up in the years. Thanks in advance. xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png

I have an enlarged prostrate and have been using Zyrtec 10mg everyday for about six years now with no problem I have a reading of 6 for psa and that has stayed the same for about six years now.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have an enlarged prostrate and have been using Zyrtec 10mg everyday for about six years now with no problem I have a reading of 6 for psa and that has stayed the same for about six years now.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the information. I have been taking a similar medication which is also an anti-allergy one called Fenafex 180mg. It does help a little but if anyone knows of a true antihistamine I would also be interesting in hearing from you. Thanks again billenbob.

Fenafex(fexofenadine) is a "real" antihistamine!smile.png

Ok, I am sorry and perhaps I will suggest it to my doctor and give it a try. Thanks and also excuse me billbenbob.

I just noticed you replied on the one that I have been on. I will just continue it and if I don't get better soon I will go back to my doctor. It just doesn't seem to be working that well for me. And to be honest I thought anti-allergy and antihistamines were different medicines all together. I did a little more research on it and you are 100% correct that it is an antihistamine. Thanks!