Stunning sea view top floor, jomtien pattaya

This studio unit in View Talay 8 is offered fully furnished and air conditioned. From the 30th floor this apartment boasts spectacular views of the sea and coast line. Close to local amenities such as shops, markets and Jomtien Beach this condo is in an ideal location.
With stunning sea views over Koh Larn Island, this spacious top floor studio ,55 sqm, has been nicely furnished offering European kitchen, luxury bathroom, stylish living area, extra large balcony.

Email removed per forum rules

post-137593-0-95174100-1383650457_thumb.

post-137593-0-91004100-1383650541_thumb.

post-137593-0-65902100-1383650566_thumb.

post-137593-0-73231600-1383650589_thumb.

post-137593-0-91504600-1383650631_thumb.

post-137593-0-10576500-1383651133_thumb.

On a more realistic note I viewed a similar studio unit the other day on the other side of the same building, just a few floors lower and 3 units back from the front. It was the standard studio size of 48sqm as it didn't have the elongated balcony.

Asking prices: 3MB sale and 15K/month for a one year rental.

I would be interested if it was around 1 MB, maybe 2 if it is nicer then the pictures suggest.

5.5MB is an exaggeration but I would pay 2MB cash sight unseen for that unit, regardless of what the inside looks like. Even unfurnished. And I would not be the only person prepared to do so.

And I suspect there would be snow on the beach before you will find a unit like that at 1MB.

Good to see the OP is getting offers of between 18k and 35K per sqm for beachfront seaview fully furnished high floor. Last time I looked at the calender it was 2013, not 1993. Although at 100K asking is overpriced, realistically 4.2 mil would sell.

Although at 100K asking is overpriced, realistically 4.2 mil would sell.

So he's only asking 30% over the odds then. Peanuts.

But why would anyone buy that unit at 4.2MB when other similar units don't sell for 1MB less?

You can get units in a luxury building for 80K/sqm so who would pay that price in VT8 (except perhaps for a front corner unit which this is not)?

That unit is unlivable in my view. I could not walk and that tile floor day and night.

Might also give the room an acoustic echo.

Easy enough to change the floor if you don't like it. I don't see the floor as being a barrier to buying a property. Do you do a lot of walking inside your condo? Never known anyone to walk around their condo day and night. Maybe get a treadmill for you condo.

Edited by davejones

Good to see the OP is getting offers of between 18k and 35K per sqm for beachfront seaview fully furnished high floor. Last time I looked at the calender it was 2013, not 1993. Although at 100K asking is overpriced, realistically 4.2 mil would sell.

Are you an Agent?

• Like 1

35k per sqm is a fair price for somewhere like Jomtien. Especially for a studio. I just can't fathom why someone would pay 4-5 million to live in a Studio in Jomtien. Bangkok is more expensive than Pattaya, and offers much better deals, even in central areas. A nice condo in Silom recently sold for 50K per sqm. Owner was in a hurry to sell, which helped bring the price down, but it makes Jomtien seems vastly overpriced.

How many unsold condos are currently on the market in Pattaya and Jomtien? And how many more are being built over the next few years?

And why is the OP selling?

Are you an Agent?

"PattayaPhom", chimes in on every thread/reply thats negative on Pattaya property. So I guess he is a sensitive agent or invester

It is actually very easy to conclude that 5.5mb is too much.

There are a few condos for sale in that building for 3Mb and they do not sell.

So why would 5.5Mb be a better deal.

If you really want to sell, ask a price that people want to pay. Like 2.5Mb.

That would mean a money back, not bad at all in the current economy.

Being on the top floor is also not the most advantageous, unless it is a penthouse.

Lots more heat to drive up aircon bills. The first to have leakage problems when roof is not maintained and cleaned well (very common).

It seems like it is faced west so it is on the side of the building not the front.

Edited by Khun Jean