BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
george

Good news for holders of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy

Shame that Australia and New Zealand have been excluded from this list. Would have saved me having to undertake a brief trip to Malaysia by land from Pattani just to get the stamp in 4 weeks time.. do you think if we shout enough they might add the "village drunks with a smile" onto this list of elite farang?

I notice no Scandanavian countries either. Maybe they feel we are already enlightened.

If aussies didn't cause so much trouble and weren't in the news so often for all the wrong reasons, they may have been considered.....good call I say keep them restricted and watch the crime rate reduce.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am dutch, damned

So am I. Hope the privilege will soon be extended to citizens of the smaller countries.

Does suck...., excluding the Netherlands. Were it not for the Dutch (in part), the US may have never come to be.

What about the Commonwealth of Australia? Home to the most civilised and cultured people on the planet!

5555555555 Sir Les certainly made a change.

I knew the 15 day rule wouldn't last - they are losing too many tourists. More Thai ineptness ...

I doubt they have lost many tourists at all. I have usually gone to Penang to get a 60 day visa for 1200 Baht, a few times when needing no more than the 30. From my place, the alternative was 2 death defying bus or van trips from Nakhon Sawan to Mae Sot for the piddling 15 days. The new rule now halves the risks.

A minor tangent, but may be useful: Anyone considering that Nakhon Sawan border run, if you opt for the bus/coach, take note: They originate from other stations, and are invariably already full. The ticket sellers will still sell you a ticket. You may be lucky or more likely end up squashed several across on the most rear seat, which is more like a park bench with little upholstery, and hideously uncomfortable. The vans will have a seat, but on every single trip I have made to Mae Sot, we have had near misses and seen the aftermath of a serious accident, including the sad fatalities, still in the vehicles, which is very sobering indeed.

Maybe the mods can clarify here...

Is this just another announcement from Immigration on high that may or not be being honored at the border checkpoints?

Or is the change being confirmed by TV members who actually have gotten the new duration stamps already?

What about the Commonwealth of Australia? Home to the most civilised and cultured people on the planet!

Whos that then, the Aborigines? thumbsup.gif

I thought the rest were a bunch of crims cheesy.gif

Edited by pacman32

What does it mean "to land borders"?

Arriving a land border by road transport or rail.

Edited by TechnikaIII

What about them ? I could perhaps understand this preferential treatment likewise being afforded to the indigenous tribes in Australia but to open it up to what is in fact a majority of decendants from convicted criminals then perhaps your question is answered

You must be a Brit!

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story :)

Even though I am an American,and do appericate this jesture of theres,it is a bit discriminating not to include all European countrys,and Australia.

Fantastic news ........ made my day.

Edited by mafumo