Good news for holders of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy

Yes

I am sure there have been many that have done it.

I'm planning one of these runs myself, and checked with the service. They assured me that the crossing they're using IS issuing the 30d stamps. It's certainly a valid question, but it sounds like all the checkpoints are issuing the 30d stamps by now. Don't go by what you see on webpages; they're sometimes just not kept very up-to-date with very recent developments like this.

Good to see some minor changes/improvements for some people. Am surprised though that this has happened considering the huge amount of tourists that are (supposedly) currently visiting Thailand. Guess it gives the high-end tourists more time to spend their money in the hotels and golf resorts. Shame very little of that money however gets in the pockets of the ordinary Thai's.
Lucky for the Schengen or EU citizens that now get 4 weeks in stead of 2 weeks.However I predict that there will be a reaction from Schengen / EU.Hopefully that will mean 4 weeks for all, not back to 2 weeks for all.
Which reaction ? European countries could not care less. Edited by paz
  • Like 1

Removed an off-topic post and reply to it.

i'm one of those mentioned in the topic: "Good news for holders of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy"

and i made it clear & reported my personal experience with these "Good news". as response to a post by Somtamnication, on 01 Dec 2013 - 07:41

"Not good enough. Koreans get 90 days at land borders" and ubonjoe's reply 08:06:

"That is because of a bilateral agreement. Thais get the same when going to Korea"

the topic was neither about koreans, nor about bilateral agreements nor about what thais get in korea

it was about the land crossing of 7 nationals. if you do a visa run overland, you NEED to enter a foreign country like eg malaysia in the south

and filippinos enter thailand just like koreans do, with a bilateral agreement. comparisons should be allowed & not censored

we can expect more 'good news' for ASEAN, of which thailand is a proud member & perhaps wants to be at least as good as myanmar.

This too will change.

The EU has complained, it not allowed.

All countries in EU will be treated the same starting by Febuary.

Who at immigration makes these rules? They are the ones who really need replacing.

Where did you hear that rumor.

The rules come down from the ministries not immigration alone.

I'm getting confused here... The topic was the longer 30 day visa exempt land entry permissions now being given to some of the larger western countries... And then one member claiming the EU had complained and that supposedly the 30 day land crossing stamp was going to be extended to all EU countries.

That member was asked what was his source for the supposed coming change relating to EU citizens for getting 30-day land crossing permissions... And the answer seemed non-responsive, and instead veered off into what Mai Sai Immigration told him about limiting the number of consecutive visa exempt entries...

And as for the source for the info about a supposed coming change to 30 day permissions for ALL EU country passport holders???

What about the Commonwealth of Australia? Home to the most civilised and cultured people on the planet!

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This too will change.

Who at immigration makes these rules? They are the ones who really need replacing.

I was wondering what agreement the EU might have with Thailand about visa exemption and would be grateful if your could give me a link to the source of your information.

This too will change.

I was wondering what agreement the EU might have with Thailand about visa exemption and would be grateful if your could give me a link to the source of your information.

Yes. I can understand that the EU countries have understandings among themselves regarding equal treatment, but you (jaloochapur) can't be suggesting that these internal agreements & policies are binding on other nations outside the EU without some specific agreements WITH these other nations, e.g., Thailand. The EU can "complain" all it wants, and maybe Thailand will rollover, but do you know of some such agreement with Thailand? Surely don't see why anyone at Immigration "needs replacing".

• 2 weeks later...

I recommend calling BBTS Travel services in Bangkok and speaking with Tanya. Of course she is not an official Thai Government source but she is sharp and on the ball and seems to monitor things such as this pretty well. She was the first to tell me about the changes back in early November and I then made a land Border visa run crossing to Poi Pet and back and got 30 days (USA citizen). At the time, I had contacted three Pattaya based visa companies and none of them were aware of the changes at that point so I went up to Bangkok and booked with her. Just before I left Thailand on Dec 7 I stopped in to one of the Pattaya Visa companies and she still did not know of the change from 15 to 30 days, but she made a call and then said, yes it is 30 days now for those G-7 country citizens.

...Just before I left Thailand on Dec 7 I stopped in to one of the Pattaya Visa companies and she still did not know of the change from 15 to 30 days, but she made a call and then said, yes it is 30 days now for those G-7 country citizens.

I can't understand how some people think they can operate a visa run company without reading our visa forum first thing every morning.

• Like 1

Good News… Maybe some day they will give 60 days… I know, wishful thinking...biggrin.png
. Can a uk person renew his passport in Nathon Koh Samui for 3weeks? Thankyou

You cannot renew a passport nor a extend a visa exempt entry for 3 weeks.

A visa exempt entry can be extended for 7 days.

A tourist visa 60 day entry can be extended for 30 days.

Good News Maybe some day they will give 60 days I know, wishful thinking...biggrin.png

. Can a uk person renew his passport in Nathon Koh Samui for 3weeks? Thankyou
You cannot renew a passport nor a extend a visa exempt entry for 3 weeks.

A visa exempt entry can be extended for 7 days.

A tourist visa 60 day entry can be extended for 30 days.

@UJ - probably a better thread for this question, but so many touch on it...

Q: Exactly what does one do at the Immigration Office to get the 7-day extension, and how far in advance of the expiration of the 30-day visa exempt entry can it be requested? Any Jomtien office-specific info would also be appreciated.

Q: Exactly what does one do at the Immigration Office to get the 7-day extension, and how far in advance of the expiration of the 30-day visa exempt entry can it be requested? Any Jomtien office-specific info would also be appreciated.

You can do that even on the last day. You show up during office hours with passport and 1,900 Baht. If pictures are needed (I think they are), have them taken there. You can obtain a 7 days, no-reason given extension only once. After, it's border run or overstay.

You can do that even on the last day. You show up during office hours with passport and 1,900 Baht. If pictures are needed (I think they are), have them taken there. You can obtain a 7 days, no-reason given extension only once. After, it's border run or overstay.

I don't want to do it on the last day. How far in ADVANCE can I do it?