Cambodian temples

nedkellylives

I only spend what is neccessy to enjoy ourselves and have a good time, if we need to spend $250 a day to do that i will

it was just a ballpark figure,we are not backpackers or interested in bars but like to eat what we wantl and stay in decent accommodation

Anyone know the cost of hiring a car with a driver/guide on a daily basis

Around $33.00 if you stay in the Siem Reap/Angkor area; a little more when going further afield. For Angkor you could also use a Tuk-tuk, around $ 18.00 a day.

Thankyou, i am to old and grumpy to ride around in a tuk tuk i prefer airconditioned comfort and $33 a day seems very reasonable to me

I was thinking of staying in Siem reap as thats the main town is there any 3 to 5 star accommodation or a decent guest house you would recommend,

You live there by your posts

, also could you reccomend a driver/guide, i enjoy both asian and western food my wife prefers asian

PM me if you want to

There are more than a couple of good hotels.

I can personally recommend this one.

http://www.newriversidehotel.com/

thankyou i have already booked into the royal angkor resort and spa for 6 nights

Taking the wife to see the temples in July . What are some of the good hotels to stay in . Would like to be close to the city so we can walk around in the evenings and eat . Looking to spend 20 to 40 dollars a night . Also have not checked yet but does an american need a visa if you fly in ?

I only spend what is neccessy to enjoy ourselves and have a good time, if we need to spend $250 a day to do that i will

it was just a ballpark figure,we are not backpackers or interested in bars but like to eat what we wantl and stay in decent accommodation

Anyone know the cost of hiring a car with a driver/guide on a daily basis

Around $33.00 if you stay in the Siem Reap/Angkor area; a little more when going further afield. For Angkor you could also use a Tuk-tuk, around $ 18.00 a day.

Thankyou, i am to old and grumpy to ride around in a tuk tuk i prefer airconditioned comfort and $33 a day seems very reasonable to me

I was thinking of staying in Siem reap as thats the main town is there any 3 to 5 star accommodation or a decent guest house you would recommend,

You live there by your posts

, also could you reccomend a driver/guide, i enjoy both asian and western food my wife prefers asian

PM me if you want to

Good to have your comforts but you lose much of the ambiance by not using a tuk-tuk (far better than Thai tuk-tuks). My missus loves cruising in the countryside around Angkor Wat - especially near dusk. She says it has a feeling of Thailand when she was a small girl some 30 years ago.

Taking the wife to see the temples in July . What are some of the good hotels to stay in . Would like to be close to the city so we can walk around in the evenings and eat . Looking to spend 20 to 40 dollars a night . Also have not checked yet but does an american need a visa if you fly in ?

Visa on arrival = USD 20.00, 2 Dollars extra if you do not have passport photos.

About 3,427 guest houses near Pub Street; just pick one of the top-ranked ones on TipAdvisor.