What to do in Phitsanulok

andyphuket

I visit Phitsanulok once in a while, and as I like to go for a relaxing drink in the evening. I too would be interested in any tips from locals. I've tried the small bars near the night market on the river, a karaoke on Lan Wat Mai Apaiyarem (road across dual carriageway from Toplands), and the Toplands disco, which are all so so. My favourite at present is the cafe at the Pailyn Hotel. They have a show with singers and dancers, which is okay for the first couple of times you visit, but does not benefit from a great deal of variety of personnel. At least you can have a conversation with the nak raawng of your choice, though they will expect a steady flow of drinks and garlands (maa lai)..

Try Forte if you like eye candy and company. They are sweet but don't go out.

My favourite at present is the cafe at the Pailyn Hotel. They have a show with singers and dancers, which is okay for the first couple of times you visit, but does not benefit from a great deal of variety of personnel.

The absolute majority of foreigners are passing through on a one night stopover never to return so the management have little incentive to change the formula.

Thanks again.

I'm going by car and Highway 12 sounds great.

I will post back after I have been there.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Be advised that at present Highway 12 to Lom Sak is under construction,lots of heavy plant and dust and carnage which comes with it,that said its a worthy trip.

I took your advice Ticketmaster and thanks. I headed East from Phitsanulok on Highway 12. Turned of towards Khao Kho along the 2196. Fantastic scenery. I can really recommend this to others. Spent 2 days driving around and visiting different sights. Lots to see and the views are spectacular. Will definitely go back.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Then disregard my previous post,glad you enjoyed it up there,I often escape on the bike from Lom Sak.post-118612-13842878129783_thumb.jpg

I visit Phitsanulok once in a while, and as I like to go for a relaxing drink in the evening. I too would be interested in any tips from locals. I've tried the small bars near the night market on the river, a karaoke on Lan Wat Mai Apaiyarem (road across dual carriageway from Toplands), and the Toplands disco, which are all so so. My favourite at present is the cafe at the Pailyn Hotel. They have a show with singers and dancers, which is okay for the first couple of times you visit, but does not benefit from a great deal of variety of personnel. At least you can have a conversation with the nak raawng of your choice, though they will expect a steady flow of drinks and garlands (maa lai)..

I don't do the night scene. But it has come to my attention that there is a pub that opens up nightly in, of all places, the Big C parking garage. I have been told that it is quite lively with music and cute girls. I have also been told that Thai wives ban their husbands from going there. What better recommendation than that?

It's called Beer Corner,yes lots of eye candy. The girls are mostly Uni or college girls working thru school. If you were under 30 you might be able to pull one but no to cash offers. There is another place across the river behind main police station called Terrace Bar. Soft music and cute servers.

I don't do the night scene. But it has come to my attention that there is a pub that opens up nightly in, of all places, the Big C parking garage. I have been told that it is quite lively with music and cute girls. I have also been told that Thai wives ban their husbands from going there. What better recommendation than that?

It's called Beer Corner,yes lots of eye candy. The girls are mostly Uni or college girls working thru school. If you were under 30 you might be able to pull one but no to cash offers. There is another place across the river behind main police station called Terrace Bar. Soft music and cute servers.

I don't party ether, but a relative that lives near and does party often (age 28) he said; Many ladyboys dress as students and hang at these places - so if you do think your getting lucky after a few beers then maybe time to check your package.

Behind the Police Station.?. One sides the River, the other is Pylinn Hotel i think..coffee1.gif

It was stated The Terrace across the river

Behind the police station.

Which is correct.

On the road that runs upstream to the 12.

I offered general direction for 2 foreign owned restaurants.

Mine I would doubt you want to visit.

I haven't been involved in the day to day running for some time.

I leave that to Thai family.

They reward me handsomely,on a monthly basis.

I make an appearance,for maintenance issues,or if friends visit.

Basically if it has a 1 customer,or 100 makes no difference to me.

I always receive the agreed rental figure.

Beauty of a freehold (don't you think)

Opens at five.pm.attachicon.gifSC20131102-132602.jpg

I saw this restaurant this morning, right below the big temple by the bridge. Might drop in within the next week or two.

Wooloomooloo.

If you decide to visit and want some company PM me.

Give me a couple of days notice,so I can get myself fixed up,with a partner.

If not,the place is evening opening only, 5pm.till whenever,depends on customers.

Ace.

Exit police station turning right.

At the lights turn right.

Now you are heading to the river and the Riverside hotel.

Just as you cross the bridge turn right.

The Terrace is on the left.

Got it now. Cheers.thumbsup.gif
No problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The beer garden at Big-C is certainly pleasant to the eyes, but hardly a place to get lucky.

There are 3 soapy massages in Phitsanulok and more than a handful of massage places that offers full service. Fair to be said, the staff missed the bus or realized a long time ago that they do not stand a chance in the mass market of Pattaya.

Pailyn, maybe good for a one time visit if you want a beer in aircon and watch a few women sing. The night club APEX at Pailyn is your typical Thai setup with 50 or so round table where each group hang out with their bottle of whiskey and "enjoy" loud music. Picasso at Topland is the same.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...