Krung Kavee

bendix

I know thaigolfer.com does this, but it might be useful for us to post our experiences on each course we play . . .thus setting up a database of threads about specific courses.

I played Krung Kavee in Bkk last week. I actually really enjoyed it. It's not a hi-so course and the facilities are not flash, but it was very respectable.

The course is located just next to Dreamworld, so relatively easy to get to. We played on Wednesday afternoon and were virtually alone on the course . . .which is lucky cos I made a phone reservation but it wasnt on their computer system. Go figure.

It's a pretty easy course . .relatively flat. If there is a criticism it is that some of the fairways could do with an extra mow . the grass was a bit heavy in patches, but nothing too onerous.

The highlight is the signature 18th hole. A par three 139 yarder with the green entirely on a small island surrounded by water. I fluked a six iron to within 4 feet of the pin, and putted for birdie. Lovely way to finish the day.

Caddies were fine . . .. . . .

Green fees were around 900 (discount for after 12pm), although they give you a voucher for 2-300 off your next round.

Has anyone else been there?

I've played KK a few times; my place is in Passorn 4, so it's only a few km from home.

I really like it. As you say, it's not as flash as places like Lamlukka but I find it much more friendly. I'm not a fan of caverous clubhouses with no personality so KK is much more up my street (kind of reminds me of my other "local" course - Macau!).

The fairways are wide but with water on 17 of the holes, any wayward slice (er...guilty on my last outing there) will be punished.

PM me if you fancy a round there, or any other course on that side of town - I'm in LoS pretty-much every other weekend.