Horrific screams of animals

I have been living in this Mooban since January 2012 and every each morning and evening I have been hearing horrible screams of what I can only describe as pain from animals next to my house. It last every time 20 to 30 seconds.

First I thought it was just a accident and some dog had been hurt.

Then as I noticed it was regular. So I thought it was may be some type of ritual of animal killing, may be a Muslim practice to kill cattle.

It was quite unsettling but I could kinda live with it.

Last week a friend of mine from Australia, stayed with me. He too heard the screaming everyday evening and mornings; He used to be a farmer so he told me, it was definitely no cattle and anyway when Muslims cut throats the animal's vocal cords are also cut and the animal is therefore silent. He also said he was pretty sure it was dogs screams, and that the endured torture was not stopped until the animal was dead or had passed out.

It seems to come from just outside the mooban where it is mainly sois and back alleys which are difficult to access, I have been walking around and tried to find out where it could come from to no avail

I have contacted an animal protection association, they say they will send someone to investigate but nothing happened.

I feel really upset now that I know there is intense suffering and I cannot do anything to stop it and think of moving out, but also it will like abandoning the poor thing to its fate.

I tried to ask the neighbors and they just pretend they don't hear anything.

I am now monitoring times and there seems to be a pattern, like every other day it's at 21.03 exactly (4 times).

It never happens before night time which makes it even more difficult to go and rush to try to find the place, especially that it seems to come from behind a wood.

Please help

Thank you

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So ... just for clarification ...

So I thought it was may be some type of ritual of animal killing, may be a Muslim practice to kill cattle.

You are seriously say that there are cattle in your Moo-Bahn ... and they are being slaughtered inhumanely ?

In Thailand ... facepalm.gif

Kitsune ... I like your stuff ... reminds me of a previous poster ... but this is honestly out there.

Cheers and Good Luck.

How is the Teaching going?

So ... just for clarification ...

So I thought it was may be some type of ritual of animal killing, may be a Muslim practice to kill cattle.

You are seriously say that there are cattle in your Moo-Bahn ... and they are being slaughtered inhumanely ?

In Thailand ... facepalm.gif

Kitsune ... I like your stuff ... reminds me of a previous poster ... but this is honestly out there.

Cheers and Good Luck.

How is the Teaching going?

You misread

1/ the scream come from outside the mooban

2/ I thought it could be cattle, but it's not

3/ I am not a teacher

Sorry ... from your OP ... when you write ...

I have been living in this Mooban since January 2012 and every each morning and evening I have been hearing horrible screams of what I can only describe as pain from animals next to my house.

... it's a fair assumption from your opening comment that the sound comes from within your Moo Bahn.

Unless you have witnessed it ... just how do you know it comes from outside your Moo Bahn and not within it?

If you have witnessed it ... what have you seen?

It's an important detail ... rolleyes.gif

If it has occurred at a regular time every day and night ... what has your detective scouts revealed?

Sorry ... from your OP ... when you write ...

I have been living in this Mooban since January 2012 and every each morning and evening I have been hearing horrible screams of what I can only describe as pain from animals next to my house.

... it's a fair assumption from your opening comment that the sound comes from within your Moo Bahn.

Unless you have witnessed it ... just how do you know it comes from outside your Moo Bahn and not within it?

If you have witnessed it ... what have you seen?

It's an important detail ... rolleyes.gif

If it has occurred at a regular time every day and night ... what has your detective scouts revealed?

1/ No your assumption is totally not justified as I mentioned clearly that it comes from outside the mooban

2/ I know it comes from outside because I precisely live on the end of the mooban and the scream comes from the other side.

3/ please don't pollute my post with unhelpful comments as you obviously can't be bothered to read it and just want to discredit it because you think you "know" me

4/ Animal torture is no laughing matter

Edited by Kitsune
  • Like 1

It seems to come from just outside the mooban where it is mainly sois and back alleys

Two conflicting statements ... whistling.gif

But lets move forward ... because, like you ... I detest animal cruelty.

So do you think that someone is slaughtering bovines cruelly at or near your backdoor?

I want to help.

Animal cruelty - BAD

Activists - GOOD

My guess would be pigs and not necessarily in pain ,they tend to scream like a banshee at feeding time.

Oh no it's definitely not pigs, my grand parents used to have a pig farm.

The screams cannot be anything but pain, it's horrific

And it's just ONE animal at a time.

Not pigs.... and anyway they're normally slaughtered in the mornings.

Dogs.... but they're unlikely to be slaughtered regularly

Which part of Thailand you live in might give some clue... and also enable TV members to suggest someone you could ask to help.

many rainy seasons ago i dated a young lady who produced the most horrible sounds whenever we "played chess" tongue.png

this culminated in a mixture of atomic warning sirens, the death cries of a dozen pigs and the fire brigade passing by when she was about reaching the "checkmate" status, which made the application of a big pillow over her face mandatory.

You are a life long student of the game I imagine

many rainy seasons ago i dated a young lady who produced the most horrible sounds whenever we "played chess" tongue.png

this culminated in a mixture of atomic warning sirens, the death cries of a dozen pigs and the fire brigade passing by when she was about reaching the "checkmate" status, which made the application of a big pillow over her face mandatory.

today is my 34th wedding anniversary. both me and the Mrs had enough time to study all there is.

• Like 2

Which part of Thailand you live in might give some clue... and also enable TV members to suggest someone you could ask to help.

I live in Bangkok

The only thing that make sense to me so far is dog skinned alive for fur

i have been walking up the area and there are no catlle, no pig farm

The screams of one animal at a time, an animal that does sound like a dog

Plus other clues like

- a constant "renewal " of stray dogs in the area.

- at the end of my mooban, there is a place where the sonthaew drivers have their resting area, they have a small grass area where they feed stray dogs, around 10-15 dogs YET there is no overpopulation, always a nice steady number of ten or so.

- Anyone that finds a stray dog here, give it to them, they take them on

- The way they act around dogs unnecessary violence and avoidance of any relation with them, make you think they must have other agenda than just pet caring.

- The fact that the very dogs they fed mysteriously disappear regularly.

Putting the puzzle together is scary and I hope I'm wrong but nothing else makes sense.

They probably can not do it right in the mooban and there is a woody no man's land between my mooban and the next one, that's where the screams come from. Scary to access at night, it's right next to a slum.

Every night I think I should go and wait for the scream to begin but I'm scared

Edited by Kitsune

I live in Bangkok

Plus other clues like

- at the end of my mooban, there is a place where the sonthaew drivers have their resting area, they have a small grass area where they feed stray dogs, around 10-15 dogs YET there is no overpopulation, always a nice steady number of ten or so.

- The way they act around dogs unnecessary violence and avoidance of any relation with them, make you think they must have other agenda than just pet caring.

Putting the puzzle together is scary and I hope I'm wrong but nothing else makes sense.

They probably can not do it right in the mooban and there is a woody no man's land between my mooban and the next one, that's where the screams come from. Scary to access at night, it's right next to a slum.

I can understand you would be disturbed at these incidents OP.

Was there a specific reason you waited almost 2 years before investigating this?

I would like to hear the outcome op. Whenever I hear moo bahn, I picture out in the sticks. The only thing I have heard that resembles your story is a pack of dogs every morning at 4am eating from a bin I think. It was howling like dog eat dog. CM not Bkk though.

I live in Bangkok

Plus other clues like

I can understand you would be disturbed at these incidents OP.

Was there a specific reason you waited almost 2 years before investigating this?

One year, more like 10 months.

Well like everyone I think I just did not want to believe it

I kept putting it at the back of my mind because it's just too horrible to be true, not right there next to where I live.

When face with such horror, your mind just avoids it

I hope I'm wrong... tonight I will have a walk in the mooban NOT in the back of the mooban where the screams come from -too scary-

But I might have an idea of where they are and where they access it, just an idea. May be I could see them bringing the dogs there.

Edited by Kitsune

many rainy seasons ago i dated a young lady who produced the most horrible sounds whenever we "played chess"

Overusing your bishops gambit causes that sometimes.

at my age that danger does not exist anymore.

Soldier Schwejk as avatar? thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

many rainy seasons ago i dated a young lady who produced the most horrible sounds whenever we "played chess"

The Good Soldier. Does that mean I'm old too?

The Good Soldier. Does that mean I'm old too?

Schwejk was not old. it's about time that i read the book (for the umpteenth time) again.

Wake up early and go see what the screaming is all about? You might be surprised?

It only last 1 minute max each time

I miss it every time

Tonight I have been waiting in a back alley to the Muslim slum with my dog and the scream did not happen at 21.03 like 3 times this week, so I left but it happened at 22.15

You should have tried castling, or at least 'en passant', No need to expel your prowess for such a 'little' death.

Kitsune, your fear is that dogs are being skinned alive right next door, and your response is to post it on TV (after a year?). I really hope that you are mistaken or you have some blood on your conscience after all this time.

Kitsune, your fear is that dogs are being skinned alive right next door, and your response is to post it on TV (after a year?). I really hope that you are mistaken or you have some blood on your conscience after all this time.

Why would she have blood on her conscience? Would posting it here sooner have made a difference?

today is my 34th wedding anniversary. both me and the Mrs had enough time to study all there is.

Congratulations to your wife...

She must be a very capable person to keep you under control this long.smile.png