• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no bunch, only ONE animal

No growling, no menacing, no fighting, no fighting back, just sheer PAIN

I don't think it's Muslims

I suggested the possibility of a Muslim slaughterhouse (without knowing whether that does produce horrific noises) simply because I could think of no other possibility which takes into account the time factor.

All these suggestions of gibbons, dogs fighting, owls and what have you are are irrelevant because these animals do not run to clocks (gibbons sing at dawn, and a wonderful noise it is, but that's not the same thing!).

And while the slaughterers might kill at 2000 and 2100 hrs, even the best organised ones couldn't time it for 2003 and 2103 hrs. precisely.

The best suggestion comes from Aussiebrian..... tape it, and post the tape. And get in touch with the Thai SPCA.

If it sounds like a dog, it won't be muslims.. In any case, their slaughter methods are far from the least humane, even if they aren't as humane as we might want them to be.

I once heard, and saw, a dog being electrocuted on a railway line in London. There was protracted wailing and thrashing around. And I know that in Korea at least, dogs are killed by electrocution. Usually with a makeshift electrode plugged into the mains. So maybe someone is slaughtering dogs the Korean way.

it just happened again at 19.03 again

Yesterday my male dog started playing rough with his female companion.

She did not like it and produced the exact same howl for 1/2 second, which made him immediately stop.

I translated this as : "Please stop it hurts"

And this is exactly what I've been hearing 4 times a day for the past 10 months, only it does not stop after a second but lasts 30 to 45 seconds.

I was thinking of recording too, but as it is outside I would need some directional mike to point toward the howl which I don't have.

But anyway I am now 99% sure it's a dog,

1/ it sounds like the same dog, which does not make any sense unless some sick person has decided to torture his own dog 4 times a day.

2/ the 19.03 / 20.03 / 21.03 pattern makes me think, the guy lives with the dog(s) to be tortured or is very close and he gets up from his favorite TV program to do the deed in his back garden.

Brian: Thank you so much for your message, I have called Taiga and sent a mail already , they are the ones who said they might come to investigate, but nothing happened.

Witawat is right no one will come and help as I have not enough elements.

I will keep patrolling at night in search of clues, but I have a feeling it could just be a couple of chicken wire cages with a few dogs inside hidden at the back of a house and it might be impossible to see.

How I see things now is :

- The songtaew drivers who are patrolling the main road are in charge of getting the dogs from the street, they feed them for a while to keep them around, then sell them regularly to a guy or have their own place on the outskirt of the village and he/they found a market for dog fur (skin them alive like in Chinese fur farms) or meat (some think the more the animal is stressed the better the taste) and does this "on the side" of his/their regular job (ie small business and in the evening and mornings).

- Or there is a lunatic that has decided to torture his dog 4 times a day, which would be very weird and would not explain the songthaew drivers and their stray dogs situation.

Edited by Kitsune

Oh my god !

Now I think it's my direct opposite neighbor !!!

I ruled him out as he has 6 dogs as pets, but he's been acting very weird

- This morning while walking my dogs I saw him coming out of his house dressed to go to work by songthaew as he does. As soon as he saw me, he went back to his house and waited that I get into my house, unfortunately I had to get out again onto the main road to get my other dog. He stayed in his house the all time and chose to leave his house at the moment I was back on the main road, to leave his house. He even went walking further on the main road in the opposite direction from me, to take the bus further away instead of just wait at the end of our soi just to avoid me!

Is he scared of me ???

- Last night after the 19.03 scream, a car came to their house and my dogs started to growl, they only stayed 2 minutes to pick up some stuff that he gave them and they left.

- The time is coherent for last night as he came back from work around 6 pm and the screams were at 7.03.

- Every single time I leave /come into the house his dogs are barking at me, so he knows when I am out.

Last night I tried to be out for the second scream which is normally at 21.03 but nothing happened. and that was the case every time I tried to find the noise (4 times) nothing happens ... My god ! Does he monitor me and does it when I am not out and about?

-This morning he looked surprised to see me out. It was because one of my dog has been back to house ahead of me, so the dogs barked at her giving him the signal .... he must have thought I was back inside my house !!!

Scary ! my neighbor is watching my moves to avoid me !

- He and his wife are big telly addict.

I am not sure if anyone is reading this at all or if most of you now think I'm crazy by now, but it does help a lot to put write things down. It makes it clearer and it keeps track of times the screams happen. Also if get in trouble there would be a trace...

I am not sure if anyone is reading  this at all or if most of you now think I'm crazy by now,

An over active imagination does not necessarily mean you are crazy. But then I am not a psychiatrist.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am going to get some binoculars and see when he gets up from his telly, if it matches the screams;I can see his lounge from my house

The noise always had been pointing at his house but I ruled it out because he had dogs and thought it was BEHIND his house. It might have been staring at me the whole time, but I did not want to admit it.

My australian friend pointed to his house when he said it was coming from

The other neighbor I asked when the screams happened did also did pointed at his house, when I asked him where he thought it came from.

I just saw a documentary on youtube about dog industry in Vietnam, some of the slaughters have dogs as pets too.

It was staring at m the whole time but I refused to believe it, I still somewhat cannot ...

Edited by Kitsune

Take great care, Kitsune.

Is the noise different each time, or could someone be playing a tape? I know that sounds like a horror story.... but is this how your neighbour is trying to get rid of you?

And before anyone thinks I'm getting paranoid, this is the only way I can explain those precise times. "About", perhaps, but exactly three minutes past the hour each time?

This has been going on for 2 years now? Can't be that many critters left. It has to stop soon.

For 10 months sorry I put 2012 it should 2013, but still it's a lot already! And no idea before I moved in

Why don't you and some of your friends just go over there and confront him. Take a few beers and be friendly and have a look see if anything is out of the ordinary. I would not have been hearing that for 10 months from my neighbours i would have acted on it after the second time.

Great to write about it here, if you are so concerned - do something about it. Instead of getting microphones and binoulars and acting all FBI undercover cop.

Call the cops, call the Animal Rescue places etc.

Why don't you and some of your friends just go over there and confront him. Take a few beers and be friendly and have a look see if anything is out of the ordinary. I would not have been hearing that for 10 months from my neighbours i would have acted on it after the second time.

Great to write about it here, if you are so concerned - do something about it. Instead of getting microphones and binoulars and acting all FBI undercover cop.

Call the cops, call the Animal Rescue places etc.

Hello super unfriendly neighbor who tries to avoid me at all cost !

Hey do you want a beer ?

By the way I was wondering if you were into torturing dogs at all?

- Yes of course it's my passion, I do it 4 times a day, come along I'll show you my back garden, it's the best torture camp ever!

Animal rescue : called and emailed

cops ; they don't care

I NEVER suspected my neighbor before 2 days

Edited by Kitsune

Op: I say this with the best of intentions... I've avoided commenting on this thread up until now because quite frankly you come across as a bit of a whack-job...

When you voice your concerns to Thai's (and most other people) you run the risk of not being taken seriously unless you calm down on the hysteria.

Suggestions to approach the neighbour may not be the safest course of action.

Have any of your friends / colleagues visited your house and heard the same noises ?

You mention a directional microphone in one of your posts, IF the noise is so loud could any normal microphone pick up the sound?.

Posting the sound on here may give better opportunity to identify the sound.

It seems that you have convinced yourself that these sounds are dogs being skinned alive (or something similar), rather an extreme conclusion, nevertheless a possibility. There may be other rational explanations, don't close off your mind to other possibilities.

Best of luck getting to the bottom of this. I hope you are wrong about the animal torture.

• Like 1

Op: I say this with the best of intentions... I've avoided commenting on this thread up until now because quite frankly you come across as a bit of a whack-job...

When you voice your concerns to Thai's (and most other people) you run the risk of not being taken seriously unless you calm down on the hysteria.

Have any of your friends / colleagues visited your house and heard the same noises ?

You mention a directional microphone in one of your posts, IF the noise is so loud could any normal microphone pick up the sound?.

It seems that you have convinced yourself that these sounds are dogs being skinned alive (or something similar), rather an extreme conclusion, nevertheless a possibility. There may be other rational explanations, don't close off your mind to other possibilities.

Best of luck getting to the bottom of this. I hope you are wrong about the animal torture.

I understand you think I am crazy mostly because the thread is long and you've missed quite a bit of clues.

Example: The part when I say I had a friend staying from Australia last week. He was an Afrikaner racist conservative very macho guy who used to live in the wild in Africa running 3 farms; Anyway my friend told me he did not know how I could carry on living hearing those dogs being tortured several times a day. when he came I told him I thought it was cattle, being slaughtered may be by Muslims. He told me, Muslims kills are silent and he was pretty sure it was dogs. He lived all his life in the bush and had killed dozen of animals with his bare hands and he KNEW what they sounded like.

Sound wise: I have worked in recording for radio and TV believe me you need a decent mike to record outside noise.

When you hear something like this for so long you start trying to make sense of it.

Yes I am convinced these are dogs (because I recognized it from my own dogs same howl when pain, and because of what my friend and the neighbor said), and I THINK (not sure just an assumption which at the moment is the only one that makes sense) they are been skinned alive.

I hope I am wrong too, I called my dad who is a farmer/hunter beside from obviously concerned for my safety, he said it could also be that someone has a dog which is sick and in pain and has to give regular care that might cause pain to the animal.

I am bringing you this as no one has suggested and to prove you that I am not hysterically focused on a dramatic outcome.

I personally think that 10 months (or more since I only came to this village 10 months ago) is a very long time to have that much pain, either the animal gets better either he dies, also and most importantly why would I never have seen that sick dog, I see his 6 other dogs?

I understand you think I am crazy mostly because the thread is long and you've missed quite a bit of clues. I don't blame you it's no literature.

Example: The part when I say I had a friend staying from Australia last week. He was an Afrikaner racist conservative very macho guy who used to live in the wild in Africa running 3 farms; Anyway my friend told me he did not know how I could carry on living hearing those dogs being tortured several times a day. when he came I told him I thought it was cattle, being slaughtered may be by Muslims. He told me, Muslims kills are silent and he was pretty sure it was dogs. He lived all his life in the bush and had killed dozen of animals with his bare hands and he KNEW what they sounded like.

Sound wise: I have worked in recording for radio and TV believe me you need a decent mike to record outside noise.

When you hear something like this for so long you start trying to make sense of it.

Yes I am convinced these are dogs (because I recognized it from my own dogs same howl when pain, and because of what my friend and the neighbor said), and I THINK (not sure just an assumption which at the moment is the only one that makes sense) they are been skinned alive.

I hope I am wrong too, I called my dad who is a farmer/hunter beside from obviously concerned for my safety, he said it could also be that someone has a dog which is sick and in pain and has to give regular care that might cause pain to the animal.

I am bringing you this as no one has suggested and to prove you that I am not hysterically focused on a dramatic outcome.

I personally think that 10 months (or more since I only came to this village 10 months ago)  is a very long time to have that much pain, either the animal gets better either he dies, also and most importantly why would I never have seen that sick dog, I see his 6 other dogs?

Why did your racist conservative Afrikaner macho friend from Australia have to kill dozens of animals with his bare hands?

I understand you think I am crazy mostly because the thread is long and you've missed quite a bit of clues. I don't blame you it's no literature.

I personally think that 10 months (or more since I only came to this village 10 months ago) is a very long time to have that much pain, either the animal gets better either he dies, also and most importantly why would I never have seen that sick dog, I see his 6 other dogs?

Why did your racist conservative Afrikaner macho friend from Australia have to kill dozens of animals with his bare hands?

Did not asked sorry, I guess that's life in the bush

For those out there who still believe it's dog fights; Last night for the first time in months there were no howls of pains and the day before that it happened at noon, which again has never happened.

I have not met dogs that stop fighting because they want celebrate Loy Kratong and schedule their fighting at exactly 3 minutes past the hours in the evening

I have not met dogs that stop fighting because they want celebrate Loy Kratong and schedule their fighting at exactly 3 minutes past the hours in the evening

Kitty Kat ... I think you have it wrong.

NO WAY could it be Thais ... "exactly 3 minutes past the hours in the evening" ...their time-keeping is not that good ... rolleyes.gif

3 minutes past the hour is super creepy.. im really sorry you have to go through all this.. i really want to believe it is just some animal you are unfamiliar with..like i have some crazy birds around my place who start talking at 5.30am, but they do not stop for holidays..i also want to believe that somebody really had to give a painful medical treatment to his dog as your dad says. It doesnt mean that the dog is super sick, could be just an injection or smth for a chronical disease. Some dogs are just terrified with any medical procedures and would scream like crazy even if it doesnt hurt - i know that for sure. And i know thais as pet lovers so i think its no wonder somebody takes good and regular care of his pet. I hope so. But. With all the other facts you describe i think my words wont comfort you untill you know the truth. Actually before i read your dads opinion the only thing that came to my mind is that some street food seller found a way to save money on beef or pork meat..if you know what i mean..i come from a more civilized country than thailand but there are places where you can buy some meet dish and you ll never know you just ate cat or dog..im sorry to say the above but taking into account the street food sellers income it is easy to believe some of them can decrease their expenses that way..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

3 minutes past the hour is super creepy.. im really sorry you have to go through all this..

Yes, the 3 minutes past the hour is the thing which gets me. Your suggestion of a painful treatment is the best I've heard yet.... but it wouldn't happen twice in one evening. Otherwise none of the suggested solutions tallies with an exact time schedule.

My far-fetched suggestion of a tape played regularly is too much like a horror movie, but I would like to know if the sounds are identical each time. If not, that's ruled out too.

Kitsune, you must think some of us are being a nuisance, but certainly most posters are really trying to help. It's beginning (begun a long while ago) to look as if your only recourse is to move house. But I too would hate to accept defeat!

Leonie Vejjajiva used to be the leader of the animal welfare people (I think she's Abhisit's mother), but she must be getting on now (if she's still with us). I don't think she would mind a personal approach.... and would at least put you in touch with the right person.

Edited by isanbirder

I doubt my theory too..just trying to be positive..unfortunately there is no way i can help here at least i have no idea what i can do(

Talked with my thai friend..she confirmed it can be for meet..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That it occurs at same time could be someone coming home, perhaps drunk, and kicking the dog on the way in.

It would be very odd for butchering for meat to take place at night. And they would certainly not skin alive, they'd kill them first.

That it occurs at same time could be someone coming home, perhaps drunk, and kicking the dog on the way in.

It would be very odd for butchering for meat to take place at night. And they would certainly not skin alive, they'd kill them first.

A kick wont cause 1 minute scream..

Not that odd if they get ready for a night market sale..

A kick wont cause 1 minute scream..

Not that odd if they get ready for a night market sale..

It will in some dogs. Mine screams for 1-2 minutes everytime the cat swats him........

it is fear as much as pain.

And it may not be a single kick.