Horrific screams of animals

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt my theory too..just trying to be positive..unfortunately there is no way i can help here at least i have no idea what i can do(

Talked with my thai friend..she confirmed it can be for meet..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Meat if they believe like in China that the more stress/pain the animal endures the better the taste (which is rubbish)

Or fur, also like in China where animals (dogs cats, rabbits foxes ..) are skinned alive in fur farms to keep the fur intact and sell it full price.

I came home late today so I missed it.

You're right it's creepy. I now come home with apprehension and I do feel tense in the house, nervous and in alert of every noise.

Each time I hear it I run outside my house to try to locate it as best as possible, the sound does not come from far but there is a big detour to get to it and by then obviously it would be finished as it last less than a minute ...so frustrating !

I have been now 6 or 7 times out at night in a back alley along a khlong waiting to hear it, but each time to no avail...

I will try tomorrow again ...

Edited by Kitsune

I dont mean like china. I mean that in the street they offer you grill pork or beef but in reality it is dogs meat.

I am thinking of asking the local vet

At least she might have a slight interest in animal welfare.

Also if it's not dogs slaughtering, that leaves me with the question of what becomes of all these stray dogs fed by the songthaew crew and mysteriously disappearing.

I particualrly remember one white one with a round black patch around his eye, a friendly fellow, he looked lost for a couple of weeks in the mooban. He seemed as if he was recently abandoned as he kept looking at every people in search of his owner, a heart breaker really.

Every day or so I would see him wondering aound. Once he came into the songthaew with us passagengers at the back, he was nice, not bothering us at all. Once told, the lady driver stopped the car, got off her seat and came into the back with us.. She got extremely mad at him shouting very loud. That was really unecessary as he was only cuddlying up for a snooze or probably trying to get back where they snatched him from the street still in search of his owner.

Any way a couple of weeks after this I saw him at the back of the mooban with the packs of other dogs where the drivers have their area and keep the dogs, he kinda recognised me and went to sniff/greet me waging his tail. Never saw him again since ! crying.gif

Edited by Kitsune

Mea culpa for worrying you about the white dog with black eye patch, i saw him alive this moning ! Phew

Still on the main road many dogs are missing and the ones left are all devored by mange (no /patchy fur) and guess what, these ones don't get fed (thrown bags of chicken & rice) by the songtwaew drivers when we pass them by ...

Why are they only feeding the mange free ones?

Edited by Kitsune

I know you have already said it is not pigs...but....

In my village there is a couple who buy pigs, slaughter them, and sell the pork.

Every night, around midnight they kill a pig or two.

The pigs are killed by thrusting a stainless steel spike about 5 inches long into the heart.

The pigs produce a long and horrific scream like no sound I have ever heard a pig make before.

Like you, I have spent some time around pigs in my life, but never heard anything like this until I lived in Thailand where they use this method of killing them.

BTW, They are killed at midnight cuz it takes several hours to butcher them properly and the meat is ready for sale about sunrise, before the heat of the day.

Maybe the pig theory should be reconsidered?

Thank you for taking the time to give a suggestion, but since I had heard my own dog howl of pain and it does sound exactly like that.

Also at the end of the 45 seconds when the voice finally gives up and it's less of scream less loud it really just sounds like a dog crying.

BTW it happened twice this morning so far 9.40 and just now 10.22.

Mornings don't really have a pattern.

I am going to be in the back alley at 7.03 tonight, keep you posted !

I have heard kept birds make all sorts of non-bird noises. Any chance? Wild Hornbills can also make a huge racket and have woke me up on schedule squaking.

If Somchai puts his birds out to roost at 21:03 after watching his fav. soap?

Got held back with a neighbor so could not make it for the 7.03

But it happened 3 times in less than an hour 6.40, 6.55 and 7.02

I guess there is catching since Loy Kratong ...

Is his clock slow?

Is your neighbour Thai?

Given that you were with your neighbour and you heard it at 6.40, 6.55 and 7.02 ... what was your neighbour's opinion?

Got held back with a neighbor so could not make it for the 7.03

But it happened 3 times in less than an hour 6.40, 6.55 and 7.02

I guess there is catching since Loy Kratong ...

Is his clock slow?

Is your neighbour Thai?

Given that you were with your neighbour and you heard it at 6.40, 6.55 and 7.02 ... what was your neighbour's opinion?

The 6.40 one was when I left to walk my dogs to the park

I then talked to that woman at her house by the park

left her, went back to the park to walk the dogs I heard it again at 6.55

and once more at the house at 7.02

Do you live all alone by yourself? If not, then what do the others at home have to say? Piercing howling screams of dogs being skinned alive everyday for a year and nobody else in your mooban is concerned except you because they are all Thais? You have not reported to police bcos you assume they will not care...you have e-mailed animal protection groups but no response...You mentioned that your neighbors are addicted to the telly. Maybe it is some theme song of a thai soap or a commercial?

Do you live all alone by yourself? If not, then what do the others at home have to say? Piercing howling screams of dogs being skinned alive everyday for a year and nobody else in your mooban is concerned except you because they are all Thais? You have not reported to police bcos you assume they will not care...you have e-mailed animal protection groups but no response...You mentioned that your neighbors are addicted to the telly. Maybe it is some theme song of a thai soap or a commercial?

I live alone yes but had a friend who stayed over for a week, a week ago.He said it was dogs too.

For 10 months I thought

1/a dog hurt itself

2/ as it happened regularly, I thought Muslims were killing animals (cattle) near by

3/ I only start thinking about dogs being hurt when my friend came.

4/ I then started recording times and loads of time it happened at 3 past 7, 8 or 9 . So I started thinking it' man's inflicted.

5/ It did not happened on Loy Kratong but happened more times the next day. So now I am starting to think it's a side job for someone

My neighbors are Thai people and yes animal welfare is not a priority to them. Also they are probably not paying attention like I am now since I had someone else (my friend) listening to it an telling me it was dogs being tortured.

My neighbors either say they don't hear it or and are thinking it's 1/ or 2/ case scenario

How do you know that it is not Somchais girlfriend just having an outstanding time?

My missus has been known to echo down the valley quite regularly.

Apparently you are quite legendary ... note to self ... don't introduce gf to Khun Showbags ... rolleyes.gif

I'll never hear the end of it ... even if I go to the next valley.

Over Hill, Over Dale ...

How do you know that it is not Somchais girlfriend just having an outstanding time?

My missus has been known to echo down the valley quite regularly.

I hear dog

My friend heard dog

my next door neighbor hears dog

My wife not look like dog, but sometimes sound like dog....

My friend and I thought it was dog being tortured.

My next door neighbor says it's dog being lonely.

A solitude that is expressed mostly at 3 minutes past the hours in the evening and morning except on public holidays ...

Also has someone has answers as to

- why Songthaew drivers feed stray dogs (throw bags of chicken & rice at them when passing en route) when they definitely don't like them as pet ?

- why only the non-mangy ones ?

- why are there only few mangy dogs left on the main road and where are all the other ones disapeared ?

Edited by Kitsune

A solitude that is expressed mostly at 3 minutes past the hours in the evening and morning except on public holidays ...

- why Songthaew drivers feed stray dogs (throw bags of chicken & rice at them when passing en route) when they definitely don't like them as pet ?

- why are there only few mangy dogs left on the main road and where are all the other ones disapeared ?

Well there you have your answer...lonely dog...owner comes home, not lonely anymore.

Perhaps it is the owner making the noise.

Or the dog, after being kicked...yet again...for humping owners leg like there's no tomorrow.

Well there you have your answer...lonely dog...owner comes home, not lonely anymore.

Perhaps it is the owner making the noise.

Or the dog, after being kicked...yet again...for humping owners leg like there's no tomorrow.

A dog suffering from solitude

- howls doesn't scream

- does it 20 to up to 50 times a day every day repeatedly , not 4 times a day at precise times.

- does it more for a few minutes not precisely between 30 and 45 seconds

Edited by Kitsune