Video: Major Storm Lashes Cha Am

I'd say,... the Phillipine taiphoon sends a very severe after effects,... so sorry for the victims. So now where are the Thai weather reports now? Been asleep as usual?

Don't think so. This depression formed just south and west of BKK on WednesdayThursday and seemed to stop right over Hua Hin-Cha Am area. Can see the cloud bank from my condo (15th floor) and keep thinking we'll get more here. Been minimal thus far.

Haiyan hit North Central Vietnam and turned north. Looks like we'll be spared even bands of rain.

The weather people predicted and warned of this happening on Tuesday, maybe only in thai, not too sure but it was expected. They said it was going to be a 3 day storm and people should take precautions. It was said that it was going to start in the south , including Hua hin, and then would move up north to Chiang Mai. The weather people are pretty good at giving out accurate information here in Thailand, albeit mainly in thai.

"Major Storm Lashes Cha Am"... get a grip. That is just nothing happened and certainly not news.

Well "shunima" if this isn't news, perhaps you may like to suggest just what is?

Having had 40+ years in the News Business, I think I just "might know what is or is not news" so take your own advice and "get a grip"....oh sorry, from the sound of your comment, you probably DO have a Grip on a certain part of your anatomy.