Cheap Airfare From Bkk To Lax?

grrr

I'm looking for a good deal on airfare from BKK to Los Angeles in April. The Thai Air website gives me a crazy price of over 46,000B round trip! Other travel websites list the China Air flight for around 33,000B round trip, but I'd rather avoid China Airlines. Anyone have any brilliant ideas or secret websites to check? Of course I'll go to some travel agents here in Chiang Mai as well and see what they can come up with...last year I paid around 30,000B for Thai Air...

I travel often and have found a fairly good round trip from Bangkok to LAX and back with Singapore Airlines. I got a price of 34,555 THB. But that is inclusive of flying from Chiang Rai on Thai Airways to Bangkok and back, so if you are flying from Bangkok to LAX it should be cheaper than the price I got. The flight is one of the longest non-stop flights (18 hours) going from Singapore to LAX non-stop. Also Singapore has one of the best economy class cabins, I beleive with on-demand movies and your own TV screen. Hope this helps. And no I am not affiliated with Sing Air in any way shape or form.

Remember there is a long wet holiday in April so many people travel that month making many flights full. :o

Current price for EVA via Taipei is 33,425 baht at their web site Eva Airlines

You could probably buy for 10-20% less from a travel service such as Majestic here in Bangkok.

You will not find the lowest price on the WWW for flights out of Bangkok AFAIK.

I use a variety of web services and recently bought a round trip ticket BKK to LAX for 26,445 baht on Northwest Airlines. I paid about 4,000 baht more than the cheapest fare I found but I get gazillions of frequent flyer miles and the occasional upgrade.

I usually start with the eThailand search engine which is great for getting a general idea of pricing which you can find at:

http://www.ethailand.com/s/travel/flights_fares.asp

Then I mosey over to Northwest at www.nwa.com and use the thailand site and root around for specials.

Other places to check include www.expedia.com and I always check www.asiatravelmart.com for some good deals. Might check www.qixo.com as well as long as your at it.

Hope this helps.

Just bought two tickets, Bangkok to Los Angles for March, cost was 33,000 baht each, bought them from United Airlines ticket office, but can get them cheaper for some travel agents. Chawala travel is a good one for cheap tickets.