Local Toyota Dealerships; Racist, Incompetent or...?

EBlair48

Yota, my aging import car is having a spate of bad luck recently. Me, too.

About a month ago passing the municipal outsourced grass cutters, a rock flew up and cracked the rear quarter window, ( sort looks like one of the gansta stick on bullet holes now ) shattered but intact.

OK 3 hours out my day on that one at police station . The company rep showed up and took responsibility and I was instructed to get estimates to repair. ( Then I has the villager massing thing , possibly a bout of Dengue ,etc etc etc ) so finally have time to waste spending the last two days trying to find this window in Thailand I can get it used from US for about 40 bucks, and I kid you not an estimate of over 400 USD to ship it, counting taxes and duty, I gather.

So as a favor to the company I spend increasingly sparse time trying to get the part from Toyota dealer .

What an lesson in foreigner hating. Today at the place on 402 in Phuket town the first guy in the body shop was nice enough , and he had me sit at his desk and he would print out the price for me and he got on the phone and some 15 minutes passes. Not sure what happened but then some older , seriously lemon puckered faced older woman came over, took over his chair and asked me for ID . I started to hand over my driver's license, but remembering a story about a guy who found his car stolen after doing just that, I remembered I had my passport so I give this to her instead . I swear to god she starts thumbing through each page examining each visa minutely, like she's immigration. The whole office comes over at his point and are commenting on it, it has two additions and was going to be about 1/2 an hour to look at it. I asked her , " why are you looking at my visas? You are not immigration " ( wanted to use some bad language here, or a nice slur or two but refrained ..) She ignores me and continues leafing through, and then wants to know about the a visa from years ago, a visa....to AFRICA !!

The nice, competent guy ( from Malaysia btw ) is getting a bit embarrassed , but obviously she's the Poo-Poo Ying Yang whatever, and is not to be crossed.. What can I do ? She doesn't want to assist me and is wasting my time. I leave

Two weeks or so ago , after the Massing Villagers incident when I visited the new place in Thalang they refused to even look for the part, telling me it was unavailable, nor would they give me any kind of statement to this effect. The reception woman was very nice, in that Thai way of being nice without actually being nice - at all. She invited me to come back when I was ready to get the whole car painted. Fat Chance

The place on Bypass, again they wanted 500 baht to provide a piece of paper. I cannot support such a rip off. The part is available, new from Japan, this I know. Two other stops at private placed promised to call , but no dice,

So I have an appointment at police station on Friday, and I guess I'll just take the print outs from the used parts stores in US replete with shipping costs. Maybe Grass-man will be motivated to do a bit of telephone shopping for me.

14,000 baht to get a 40 $ part? Any suggestions ? ( polite ones)

I can really see how people go stark raving clock tower. . On the drive home today, I just had such sheer hatred for Thais. It was rush hour too, on 402 so of course I had about 20 episodes of insane, underage, otherwise incompetent drivers to deal with.

If only Thais weren't here- how wonderful Thailand could be.

A suggestion..as polite as i can be to you...Go back to wherever it is you came from.

Honestly Thailand is obviously not the place for you to live..you seem to have a knack for being involved in all types of unpleasant scenarios, and if your demeaner in real life is as bad as it comes across on TV..its quite understandable IMO.

Every post you make displays direct or indirect hatred for Thai people in general..more than i have ever seen ,or heard from anyone else in my 20 years here.bah.gif

EDIT

from your post above...confirms my post..;;

"If only Thais weren't here- how wonderful Thailand could be."

Bye...

What a nicer place Thailand would be without people like him

• Like 1

simply replying about the toyota dealership problem. Wife took her company car(toyota) to be serviced at the toyota dealership and brought it home with several empty bottles in the back and as there were 2 x 4 or 5 ltr engine oil bottles I thought I had better check they hadnt overfilled it. When I lifted the bonnet the motor was filthy(they had charged for an engine clean) taking out the dipstick the oil was black and smelled burnt so I had the sump plug checked and was told it was still covered in grease and had no marks on it at all to indicate it had been removed for oil drainage plus the oil filter was not new either. We went back to the dealership and quized them but noone spoke english(figures) and they told my wife that the drive home must have caused the oil to turn black and burn(maybe 4 kilometres). Obviously the service they do is just all bullshit but several weeks later the company got her to take it there again so the shockies(all around) and rear springs could be replaced. Again the parts were piled into the back of the car(stragely enough the failed shockie on the front passenger side still didnt work) and a couple of weeks later when she went to go to work in it the steering arms on one of the front wheels collapsed as she turned to leave. Once again noone at the dealership could speak english and they refused to do or say anything about it so it would seem that thai toyota dont really give a damn so what happened to you is no surprise.

I have had the very opposite to the OP. I have no problems with the local Toyota dealer. When going for a service they have coffee, tea biscuits, soft drink and even ice creams for free while you wait for your car being serviced. They offer a free wash after the service, if you wish to wait a bit longer. When I have had to order any parts or accessories they tell me don't need to wait they will ring me for the time of part arrival and price.

We must be lucky here in Bangkok as both the local Toyota dealers offer the same standard of service.

I have had the very opposite to the OP. I have no problems with the local Toyota dealer. When going for a service they have coffee, tea biscuits, soft drink and even ice creams for free while you wait for your car being serviced. They offer a free wash after the service, if you wish to wait a bit longer. When I have had to order any parts or accessories they tell me don't need to wait they will ring me for the time of part arrival and price.

We must be lucky here in Bangkok as both the local Toyota dealers offer the same standard of service.

It is the same here in Phuket Town. Never had any problems in all the years at the big Toyota dealer and at the smaller one where they do the repairs. Perfect service every time.

Also only good experience in Phangnga and Krabi.

If you want to know bad services and chaos you have to try an american brand here.

My only complaint is that every time I want to buy a part, it takes 45 minutes to get it.blink.png

The old hag who reviewed his passport is an ignorant, xenophobic witch. Tons of them in Phuket!

Still, 1000 times better than the UK and Big Brother.

You also know her, lol. If you treat here like a father treads his teengirl, then she is great. Doing the pointing lips and head up will do wonders with here!

Had 2 big repair jobs there which she handled perfect.

New car deakers in all countries stop stocking parts for older vehicles after a certain time period

Your best shot is to look around for car wreckers they will probably know where you can get what you want if they do not have one

You should also ask panelbeaters, they regularly use secondhand parts and know if they are available and where to get them from

• Like 1

A suggestion..as polite as i can be to you...Go back to wherever it is you came from.

Honestly Thailand is obviously not the place for you to live..you seem to have a knack for being involved in all types of unpleasant scenarios, and if your demeaner in real life is as bad as it comes across on TV..its quite understandable IMO.

Every post you make displays direct or indirect hatred for Thai people in general..more than i have ever seen ,or heard from anyone else in my 20 years here.bah.gif

EDIT

Bye...

So you saying he should leave wonderful Phuket because he complain on a forum about bad treatment at a Toyota dealer which clearly have at least one misplaced employee who start to mess with peoples Id/passport. If it was me I go straight to the media and blow up the story.

Take of your pink glasses Andre, it can help you the day Thainess is not on your side.

EDIT

Bye...

So you saying he should leave wonderful Phuket because he complain on a forum about bad treatment at a Toyota dealer which clearly have at least one misplaced employee who start to mess with peoples Id/passport. If it was me I go straight to the media and blow up the story.

Take of your pink glasses Andre, it can help you the day Thainess is not on your side.

Not 'because of the treatment at Toyota' but because the OP would like to live in a Thailand without Thais. And sorry, that ain't gonna happen.

• Like 2

EDIT

Bye...

Why not read the thread before making idiotic post?w00t.gif

EDIT

Bye...

Why not read the thread before making idiotic post?w00t.gif

The man feel hated and discriminated by the locals where he have choose to live and In return he went about it on this forum and throw hatred comments against the people who at first discriminated him. What so....happens every second all over the Western world by Immigrants.....

Actually after the last couple of visits to the other toyota dealer we have gone to the new dealership(just finished recently) here and they have the same, you drive in and they are waiting for you, they take all your particulars and show you to their "waiting lounge" with all the various hot drinks available, juice, soft drink, biscuits/cakes and ice creams. Couldnt ask for better service and we will never go back to the other one.biggrin.png

Same up here in Korat. The customer service area is on the first floor overlooking the service area so you can relax in nice comfortable seats, eat their snacks, have soft drinks or tea coffee, all free, and watch your car being serviced. Big smiles and a freshly washed car is returned on time. Having our car serviced by Toyota is a pleasure and not expensive.

There are unpleasant people all over the world and yes it can be frustrating. However so far living in Thailand for about 10 years I have only had a few slightly annoying experiences, far less than I think I would have had in the old country. It is difficult to find an excuse to go on one so I have to put up with a couple of beers!smile.png

Toyota do watch the reputation of their dealers and have been known to take away franchises so a comlaint to them may not work straight away but I am sure will not be totally ignored. Just stick to the facts and ask the question what relevance does my passport has to a car part purchase.

• Like 2

I have owned 2 Hondas from new and now a Toyota. After sales service with Honda was excellent, Toyota has been poor at all branches I have tried and I would not purchase one again in Thailand. A shame really as the Toyota as a car has generally been a better product.

• Like 1

I have owned 2 Hondas from new and now a Toyota. After sales service with Honda was excellent, Toyota has been poor at all branches I have tried and I would not purchase one again in Thailand. A shame really as the Toyota as a car has generally been a better product.

We have a Toyota and a Honda in the family. Both excellent cars (both built in Japan - a Fortuner Sportivo and a flood-exempt Jazz). I have been hugely impressed by both vehicles and particularly the low cost drive-up service on both cars here in Sisaket province. One tenth the cost to service of my former UK car (Jaguar).

Very surprised you would have such an experience at several branches of Toyota. Can we believe you? You offer no details as to why you have such a strong complaintwink.png

Edit: yes on reflection - you would not have complimented the product if it was an unsubstantatied destruction job on Toyota, so sorry about that! You must have been unlucky in your area I guess; most Toyota owners I bump into (very popular with falang around here) are pleased with the servicing

Edited by SantiSuk

" Yota, my aging import car is having a spate of bad luck recently. " People seem to have missed the fact that the car in question is not even available in Thailand. Why should Toyota Thailand be interested in an old car out of warranty which wasn't available here in the first place especially if the OP walked through their door with that attitude.

Maybe because he has money, big money, to fix it. :) :)