Water cooler

eezergood

You can buy water coolers at Lotus, can't remember the price, but they aren't expensive.

As to the bottled water, don't get the bottles made from white, opaque plastic. Go with the see-through plastic. They cost approximately three times more at 36 Bt per bottle. If you look inside the white bottles, sometimes there is algae present.

Edited by KarenBravo

You can buy water coolers at Lotus, can't remember the price, but they aren't expensive.

As to the bottled water, don't get the bottles is white, opaque plastic. Go with the see-through plastic. They cost approximately three times more at 36 Bt per bottle. If you look inside the white bottles, sometimes there is algae present.

Seems they only deliver these opaque bottles !

What about the actual content?

I've never got sick drinking from either, but, didn't like seeing the algae.

With a clear bottle, you can see it's clean.

The clear bottled water (SPA?) is delivered, too. If I wasn't offshore at the moment, I could post the telephone number to call.

Maybe another poster has it?

I've never got sick drinking from either, but, didn't like seeing the algae.

With a clear bottle, you can see it's clean.

The clear bottled water (SPA?) is delivered, too. If I wasn't offshore at the moment, I could post the telephone number to call.

Maybe another poster has it?

"With a clear bottle, you can see it's clean." - wow, you can see bacteria floating in water. Amazing. :) :)

Drop a water purifying tab into the bottle make sure. Job done.

• Like 1

I was talking about the bottle, not the water.

Have you ever tasted water with a water purification tablet in it? I suggest you try it once.

If you can't see bacteria, do you recommend a tablet for all water? Even the water from 711? Why would you trust any water supplier from anywhere?

If lack of bacteria is your criteria for being "clean", then nothing you eat or drink is clean.

Even the air you breath is full of bacteria.

Luckily, evolution has equipped us with a very efficient immune system.

Maybe you should think about living in an oxygen tent if bacteria concerns you so much?

Edited by KarenBravo

I was talking about the bottle, not the water.

Have you ever tasted water with a water purification tablet in it? I suggest you try it once.

If you can't see bacteria, do you recommend a tablet for all water? Even the water from 711? Why would you trust any water supplier from anywhere?

I've spent quite some time in Africa, and I'm not talking South Africa, so I know how important the hygene of water is.

I was taking the piss a little with my post, however, if you can see algae in the bottom of the bottle, and it concerns you, a water purifying tab, at the right dose, will kill most things harmful to you, without effecting taste so much.

That said, I do like my seaweed soup in Japanese restaurants. :) :)

As to the bottled water, don't get the bottles made from white, opaque plastic. Go with the see-through plastic. They cost approximately three times more at 36 Bt per bottle. If you look inside the white bottles, sometimes there is algae present.

You can also buy at Home Pro in Pattaya and they have a good selection but do not recall the price. Different brands are made to suit the white plastic or see through plastic bottles. As mentioned above, I went for the clear one and had had no issues. The water coolers can be table mounted or stand alone and some heat and/or cool. I did not go for heating as have a small water kettle which is better. The heating or cooling can be set to levels but it is effectively on all the time. I just got cooling but do not plug in as only really wanted the dispenser and prefer to just put water in the fridge to cool down. Water is 20 litre/5 gallon bottles costs 40 baht and they deliver to the condo so easy to do. There is a plastic bottle deposit of 100 baht as I recall but just get a few and when down to 2-3 empty have them refilled for the 40 baht while one is in the dispenser. My experience is same day service when you call them in the morning. A lot easier and cheaper than buying bottle water and carrying back from the store. I think the water is reverse osmosis with light used to kill bacteria. Will say I have not had any issues with the water. If you live in a condo just ask the reception people which water company they use for residents or their own bottles.

Not sure where you are but in the north is SPA water, They use their own clear blue plastic containers which are about 200 baht deposit, but worth it as you know they are cleaned. They use reverse osmosis and ultraviolet light and seal the tops correctly. I pay 25 baht

Some local shops will carry SPA brand and any hospital or clinic will . Ask when delivery days are and arrange to meet the truck if they won't deliver to you.

No way would I use mom and pop white bottles, filled from the garden hose by nose pickers.

As to the bottled water, don't get the bottles is white, opaque plastic. Go with the see-through plastic. They cost approximately three times more at 36 Bt per bottle. If you look inside the white bottles, sometimes there is algae present.

Seems they only deliver these opaque bottles !

What about the actual content?

Edited by EBlair48

The human olfactory system is amazing at detecting impurities in water.

I grew up in the west on high-quality tap water, but my Thai wife grew up drinking rainwater collected from the roof in jugs.

But in Phuket, she insists on the overpriced see-though plastic bottles (60baht for 6liters), while I buy the big 10 liter bottles for 12 baht.

When she is out, I fill the used one-liter bottles with the "cheap stuff" and she has never once been able to tell the difference, even though she insists the stuff in the big bottles tastes bad.

The key is to simply taste and smell the water out of the big bottle before purchase.

The considerable savings go toward purchase of beer.

This method also cuts down on the amount of waste plastic we dispose of.

Refrigerated water coolers what you use with the big bottles, main tesco lotus has a range of them 2000 to 3000 baht

We have one but do not plug into the power as the water is usually used for hot drinks and cooking but it is safe to drink

and i do accasionally, tastes OK, no different to the 600 ml bottles which we keep a stock of as well

Not sure where you are but in the north is SPA water, They use their own clear blue plastic containers which are about 200 baht deposit, but worth it as you know they are cleaned. They use reverse osmosis and ultraviolet light and seal the tops correctly. I pay 25 baht

Some local shops will carry SPA brand and any hospital or clinic will . Ask when delivery days are and arrange to meet the truck if they won't deliver to you.

No way would I use mom and pop white bottles, filled from the garden hose by nose pickers.

Those 'mom and pop white bottles' are bottled at the same place as your SPA water.

Not true.

Green water in Kata supplies mom & pop stores, but, they certainly don't fill SPA bottles.

There are loads of water companies in Chalong and they sell independently of each other.

SPA have their own water source and they bottle it themselves.

Do you happen to know if they deliver to Patong?

Well, they deliver to Chalong and they are based up north.

I think they have small depots around the island, so, pretty sure they would deliver to Patong.

As I said before, a pity I can't post their telephone number as I'm offshore. Try using the search function as I know this subject has come up a few times before and a telephone number for SPA was posted.

Not true.

Green water in Kata supplies mom & pop stores, but, they certainly don't fill SPA bottles.

There are loads of water companies in Chalong and they sell independently of each other.

SPA have their own water source and they bottle it themselves.

They also bottle the water in the see through containers, I presumed that was SPA.

Well, they deliver to Chalong and they are based up north.

I think they have small depots around the island, so, pretty sure they would deliver to Patong.

As I said before, a pity I can't post their telephone number as I'm offshore. Try using the search function as I know this subject has come up a few times before and a telephone number for SPA was posted.

Cheers mate, will have a look

We bought a "Clarte" water cooler at Homepro for B2,990.

Water is delivered by a company called "H2O" at 45 baht for 18.9 litres. They state on the label it is purified by Filtration, Reverse Osmosis, Ultraviolet and Ozone. I don't know how true that is, but I've never seen any algae in the bottles.

Tastes great and is very cold.