Veterinarians and Petcare

jorgencm

looking for a place that can take care for my cat and my small dog for a short time,

we got that in Chiang Rai????

There is a very good veterinary for pets at the San Khong Luang. This is the outer parallel road of the San Khong Noi. Between this practice and the headquarters of the Thai Rak Thai Party there is an 'anuban' for pets.

Make a clear deal about the food which has to be given to your little (?) animal, otherwise it might be a little bit thinner when you pick it up.

Limbo :o

looking for a place that can take care for my cat and my small dog for a short time,

Start at King Mengrai. Go north via the super high way (towards mae mai). At the first coming traffic light (T-Junction) turn right. A few meters down is an animal hospital. They will take good care of your pets.

Kind Regards

Potter

Start at King Mengrai. Go north via the super high way (towards mae mai). At the first coming traffic light (T-Junction) turn right. A few meters down is an animal hospital. They will take good care of your pets.

Kind Regards

Potter

Good recommendation - I've had good experiences with this place. The doctor (who studied in Australia) and his wife also speak excellent English.

:o Mymechew

Kind Regards

Potter

Kind Regards

Potter

Thank you potter and limbo

jorgencm

• 2 weeks later...

There is a very good veterinary for pets at the San Khong Luang. This is the outer parallel road of the San Khong Noi. Between this practice and the headquarters of the Thai Rak Thai Party there is an 'anuban' for pets.

Make a clear deal about the food which has to be given to your little (?) animal, otherwise it might be a little bit thinner when you pick it up.

This vet named ..... killed my very strong lab. I am still very bitter I almost wanted to sue him. He was not even sick but only had an eye infection. Before I took him there, he ran for more than 30 minutes at the park near Chiang Rai beach. I think everyone living in Chiang Rai should be warned. I have heard from at 10 other pet lovers here who have taken their dogs there suffering the same fate as my poor jimmy. I believe he gave him either the wrong medication or fake medicines that he might not even be aware.

The other place mentioned by Potter is a 24-hour outfit where I first took my dog. They could not cure my dog's eye infection and rendering the infection chronic. That was then I decided to try a new vet ended up indirectly killing him. I felt very guilty.

I think Chiang Rai needs a good vet. We don't have to go to Chiang Mai for everything! Meanwhile, I have given up on pedigree and have just gotten a very cute "panda". He is now 3 months and my Japanese girl friend said his eyes were like wolf's eyes. I observed his behaviour and indeed he has some attributes of this wild animal. His barks like one and seemed to like water, birds and all kinds of bugs!!!

dekbannok

------------------------------------

Please Dekbannok, have understanding for the fact that I removed the name. I have the greatest understanding for your anger and I know the hardships of loosing a dog one loves, but we would need a confirming autopsy report before an accusation like this could be published on a public forum.

Limbo.

Edited by Limbo

Coming from Big C (shit, their big coffeefilters -104- have been finished now for more than two weeks) going south there is another veterinarian after about twohundred meters.

Anybody who brought his familymembers there?

And got them back alive?

Please share your experiences!

This vet named ..... killed my very strong lab. I am still very bitter I almost wanted to sue him. He was not even sick but only had an eye infection. Before I took him there, he ran for more than 30 minutes at the park near Chiang Rai beach. I think everyone living in Chiang Rai should be warned. I have heard from at 10 other pet lovers here who have taken their dogs there suffering the same fate as my poor jimmy. I believe he gave him either the wrong medication or fake medicines that he might not even be aware.

The other place mentioned by Potter is a 24-hour outfit where I first took my dog. They could not cure my dog's eye infection and rendering the infection chronic. That was then I decided to try a new vet ended up indirectly killing him. I felt very guilty.

I think Chiang Rai needs a good vet. We don't have to go to Chiang Mai for everything! Meanwhile, I have given up on pedigree and have just gotten a very cute "panda". He is now 3 months and my Japanese girl friend said his eyes were like wolf's eyes. I observed his behaviour and indeed he has some attributes of this wild animal. His barks like one and seemed to like water, birds and all kinds of bugs!!!

dekbannok

I am sorry to hear about your dog. At the vet I recommended I know they are able at doing operations. I have seen pets with eye operations as well in the back.

There is an other pet hospital. It is located near one of the universites (the nearest on if I remember correct). Went there once a sunday morning and it was closed.

Edited by Limbo

Coming from Big C (shit, their big coffeefilters -104- have been finished now for more than two weeks) going south there is another veterinarian after about twohundred meters.

Anybody who brought his familymembers there?

And got them back alive?

Please share your experiences!

Yes Dr Limbo, I was there 3 years ago with my 2 young female cats to get them a shot against pregnancy. The vet thought that at least one of them already was pregnant and adviced me to go to Ratchaban university to get them checked. I did so and both were pregnant so that was a good thinking of the first vet.

Well after they got their kittens, four each :D , I took the mothers to Ratchaban to get them fixed. They had a option that they kept the cats for one week after the operation to take care of the scars and to check them up.

The operation and one weeks care costed for TWO cats 1500 bath!! :D

And everything there seemed to be very professional, they talked good english and it was a big place.

I have been back to the first clinic (at Big C) to get some shots for my two dogs and have had no problems.

I have also heard that some people take their loved onces to the Goverment place beside Bo's place. But maybe only for pigs ? I don't know.

I have also heard that some people take their loved onces to the Goverment place beside Bo's place. But maybe only for pigs ? I don't know.

I thought the governmental veterinary station is next to Klaus' and Kitty's Funny House.

Dutch M. went there once when she had to fly with her cat to Phuket. The apple of her eye got an injection which made her miss all the excitement of the flight. She woke up ten minutes before landing on Phuket: An almost perfect dose!

I am thinking about going there myself for my next flight to Europe. Grunt, grunt, grunt!

• 1 month later...

Any 24 hr vet available ???

The vetinarian hospital is open 24 hours.

It's name is Saha Mit or something like that and it's on the right hand side of the highway near the Catholic church.

After the hayek, popkhun menrai statue junction going to Maisai, turn right at the first traffic light and it's quite near.

Hope everythings ok.

Edited by tayto

Have you tried phoning your vets number to see if there is an after hours emergency number?

U know any numbers that i could call.......

The telephone number of the animal hospital is 053 716823 or

053716840 phone right now . I have phoned them and they are waiting on your call.

Edited by tayto

Have you tried phoning your vets number to see if there is an after hours emergency number?

053716840 phone right now . I have phoned them and they are waiting on your call.

Thanks tayto, my car is out of gas .... any petrol kiosk still open now ?? i am in mae chan area, my gf is talking to the doctor now.

Thanks tayto, my car is out of gas .... any petrol kiosk still open now ?? i am in mae chan area, my gf is talking to the doctor now.

Not your night is it?

sorry can't help about the gas station, I know that most of them close, since they are not allowed by law to open 24 hrs.

I would get the gf to phone the police, they are bound to know.

Not your night is it?

sorry can't help about the gas station, I know that most of them close, since they are not allowed by law to open 24 hrs.

I would get the gf to phone the police, they are bound to know.

Thanks tayto, you are really helpful, my gf is really sad now . We won't be able to sleep tonite lets hope that he can survive until tomorrow morning 5 am .