Rihanna releases snapshot of new 'demented' Phuket music video

webfact

Rihanna releases snapshot of new 'demented' Phuket music video
Claire Connell

PHUKET: -- The reason behind popstar Rihanna’s fleeting trip to Phuket in September has been uncovered – she was on the island to film a “demented” music video for her newest single ‘What Now’.

When Rihanna arrived in Phuket she created a worldwide media storm after she photographed herself on Bangla Rd holding an endangered slow loris animal, plus tweeted about watching a sex show on the island.

Today a three-minute-long “behind the scenes” video has been uploaded to YouTube, with a full-length video clip to be released soon.

“Today we are shooting a music video from my latest single, on my latest album, Unapologetic. The song is What Now,” she tells viewers in the video.

The video was filmed in a warehouse in Phuket while Rihanna was here in September.

She said the video would be “eerie” and “very creepy”.

“Everyone is probably expecting a narrative type of video, a love story of some sort. Something really soft. It’s soft, but it’s really a little demented,” she says.

R&B singer Rihanna took a photo of herself with a loris while out on Bangla Road and posted it on Instagram while in Phuket in September. The photo sparked outrage from many people due to the long-running endeavours by animal welfare groups to keep the animals in the wild and away from tourists.

She also tweeted about seeing a sex show: “Either I was **** wasted last night or I saw a Thai woman pull a live bird, 2 turtles, razors, shoot darts and ping pong, all out of her *****.”

She described herself, possibly tongue-in-cheek, as “traumatised”.

In January this year, British singer-songwriter Rita Ora and rapper Snoop Dogg filmed a video clip for their song ‘Torn Apart’ while staying at the Sri Panwa resort.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/rihanna-releases-snapshot-of-new-phuket-music-video-42857.php#news-alert

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-11-15

yawn - if it's anything like most of the rest of her "music" it will consist of shots of her dressed as scantily as possible, while repeating the same line/words over and over and over and over and over and over and over (over35) again. The instant I hear "diamonds" on the radio/TV now I change channels before the urge to puke hits me.

And this song will no doubt become a hit that the radio stations and music video channels will replay over and over and over (you get the "picture") until they notice all their viewers/listeners are also changing channels the instant it comes on.

The only positive thing I can say about Rihanna is that..........

She makes Miley Cyrus look good !!!!

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 1

She's a skank - shouldn't get a 2nd look compared to what's walking around LOS.....let alone the skanky attitude constantly reported surrounding her......a lot of village women have more class under their fingernails.....

She looks higher than a kite.......

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

I saw a Thai woman pull a live bird, 2 turtles, razors, shoot darts and ping pong, all out of her *****.

A video of that would be more interesting than any music video from Rihanna.

She's just envious as she's never been able to work the bird or the turtles into her own routine.

I saw a Thai woman pull a live bird, 2 turtles, razors, shoot darts and ping pong, all out of her *****.

A video of that would be more interesting than any music video from Rihanna.

She's just envious as she's never been able to work the bird or the turtles into her own routine.

I wonder how the birds or turtles feel.

How do you know that? Do you know her personally?

These women (Miley Cyrus, Rihanna, MIA or more) are playing roles and most likely are not what they seem to be.

She's a skank - shouldn't get a 2nd look compared to what's walking around LOS.....let alone the skanky attitude constantly reported surrounding her......a lot of village women have more class under their fingernails.....

She looks higher than a kite.......

Couldn't care less, she is totally talentless....next ! Real news please....

LOL - Couldn't care less but still feel the need to make strangers on an anonymous website aware of that fact? hmmm.....

It makes me wonder how some posters can come up with such brainless statements, particularly in light of plenty of evidence to the contrary; such as 6 Grammies and overwhelming public popularity (50 million Albums, 180 million Singles sales)...

Regardless of whether or not she is your 'cup of tea' there is very little doubt regarding the stellar talents of this Global Star.

Exactly how bitter can some people be?... If they want real news read Al Jazeera, BBC, CNN or which ever news source they feel worthy of their attention.

• Like 2

I have a feeling there are a lot of men on this forum that are damned scared of women who may be more powerful than them. You can tell who they are when they start using the words "skank" and such.

Eh, she is hardly a powerful woman, nor a role model. I think it's disgrace to call Rihanna as one. She can possibly sing and act, but that's about it.

She is a product of music industry, quite the same as many leather pant boys. Products to make money.

There are plenty of powerful women, who can be real role models for both girls and boys, but those are not in the popular cultures.